Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why dont GZA performs his verse on 4th Chamber when he performs with the Wu-Tang Clan live??

Peace CT

I’ll be in Portugal this summer. My wife has family still there. Small world we live in huh. Peace

Portugal is a nice, peaceful, sunny place with a lot of history and cheaper compared to other western european countries, thats why usually foreigners like it.

Enjoy your stay over here, Peace!
    Last edited by Apocalypse; 04-25-2023 at 01:20 PM.

Cool man, always love to be in Portugal. Going again the summer: Boom festival!

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by KoKane View Post
    Cool man, always love to be in Portugal. Going again the summer: Boom festival!

Cheers
    I never been to Boom festival, but I hear stories from it since I was a teenager and it must be crazy!

PRODIGAL SUN

I think the Y-Kim drama, made him reconsider performing any verses he may have "borrowed" from other sources, look up the Y-Kim interview he explains it all

Quote Originally Posted by Holocaust View Post
    I think the Y-Kim drama, made him reconsider performing any verses he may have "borrowed" from other sources, look up the Y-Kim interview he explains it all
    Somebody got a link or quote?
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

PRODIGAL SUN

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by Holocaust View Post
    I just listened to the whole thing only mention of gza was his album

are you referring to the doggie diamonds interview perhaps? I havent listened to that.

watched doggie int. Its in there. He said gza took short arms and deep pockets from him. So nothing on liquid swords.
    Last edited by ForensikZ; 05-03-2023 at 07:40 PM.

+1 ....This is correct. I saw Gza live last month (w/live band) and he did it

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    Hes been performing Liquid Swords solo live on tour for the last few years. I think thats your best chance at hearing GZA perform the verse (although without the other guys).
    " Fifty caliber street sweepers shots from Shaolin that go to Massapequa." - Gza

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    the fuck??

I just saw their last show in Brazil and instead performing the 4th Chamber verses they played "Smells Like Teen Spirit" from Nirvana, come on, I have eclectic musical tastes and I like Nirvana, but changing one of your most iconic songs from a Nirvana song in a rap show its just weird and awkward.

They could play that Nirvana song, but after or before the 4th Chamber track and verses.

just my 2 cents.
    They didn't do this in Sydney on the current tour they did an interpolation of Come Together which was cool and fit more in the vibe of be who you want to be, live how you want to live, music brings us all together we are all here because of music etc I'm not really sure why they would perform Teen Spirit lol that's odd

Quote Originally Posted by CL2coming View Post
    Anyway, Wu perform 4th Chamber at shows to get the crown jumping... and GZA's way too laid back when he performs these days, so it doesn't work for this track.
    Wu came back out after Nas' final set and performed Reunited then did the whole "how much energy have you got I wanna see you jumping" then played 4th Chamber which started with RZA and may have had Ghost do his verse I can't remember but RZA stopped the beat and said you can do better than that and went in to Gravel Pit, I agree that it's an energy thing from the performers because RZA gets hype and jumps around heaps which he wants from the crowd
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.