Thread: Who produced 'Doggystyle' ... Dr Dre or Daz Dillinger? What do you think?

Default Who produced 'Doggystyle' ... Dr Dre or Daz Dillinger? What do you think?

Here's what Suge Knight has said a couple of times now ...

https://hiphopdx.com/news/suge-knigh...ogg-doggystyle

eh, I wouldn't be able to tell either way

what do YOU think?
    Retired.

The ABBOTT

I doubt Daz produced all of it. But I wouldn't be surprised if Dre's involvement was way less then what was originally thought. Seems likes his legacy has diminished, this isn't the first time he has been accused of something like this.

It was said for years that Daz produced 'Ain't No Fun'.

At the same time I don't think Suge is a very reliable source. I imagine the truth is somewhere in between.

Reading into it, Snoop has also claimed Dre produced a lot of the Dogg Food LP. I mean we know how Dre produces at this point, he has a lot of talented people available to him and hes able to galvanize them to create some huge records because hes the guy with the vision and the midas touch. So it seems like Daz and Warren G brought most or all the beats in and Dre finished them.

Theres an original demo track called 'The Next Episode' with Dre & Snoop which is only available in horrible quality. Warren G must have decided to use it after they left it off Doggystyle for 'Runnin' With No Breaks'.

Other than his voice being on it, it's pretty obvious Dre did Respect on Doggfood. There's a layering to Dre's beats that Daz doesn't have. I can see Daz giving the beat and Dre adding touches for a lot of Doggystyle but like you said, Suge is a liar and bitter so who knows.

Imo Daz, Warren G and other in house producers started some beats and Dre finished them