Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Every few years I have to post that Ironman is the best wu solo

Default Every few years I have to post that Ironman is the best wu solo

It's really crazy that it's even debatable. They were all peak for rhymes and beats. Papi Wardrobe? man, shit.

I was thinking this today. Only reason people don't see it is because Ghostface kinda stole the Purple Tape and, IMO, Raekwon and Cappadonna show him up on Iron Man. So I don't think Ghost celebrates it enough and others just see it as a less successful Cuban Linx sequel. But it features the best rapping and beats of any Wu album, no question.
    "Why are you looking hard with a hood on and Timberland boots, staring at me for one hour..? When you could walk up and shake my hand? Why?"

Kool Keith, "Intro" Black Elvis/Lost in Space

Camay ...

Veteran Member

I don't know that this is my pick for best, but I definitely would not debate otherwise with someone who says it is. It really is good enough to be

Anybody else feel like the pacing, sequencing is a bit weird on Ironman?

The individual songs are classic but I feel like it would be better in a different order.

I can't say I noticed that about the order. I always thought the last stretch of songs was particularly well sequenced. I should add I have the original version with Soul Controller.

It's just a great all around album. From the 1st round of solos I listen most of all to Ironman (#1) and OB4CL (#2) after all these years. Sorry, Uey!
    Retired.

Peace CT

Yeah very lame the later editions do not include Soul Controller. Which is arguably GFK’s best solo track ever. Peace

Veteran Member

The first thing I think of when I think of sequencing in Ironman is going from Poisonous Darts to Winter Warz. I always thought it was amazing because Ghost is rhyming until the very last moment over a sick beat, it stops abruptly but then Winter Warz starts and I think we can all agree that beat is fucking hard too. I can't explain it but it just sounds right to me (maybe I've got a nostalgia boner). But if I think about it differently I can see how it is a bit awkward

PRODIGAL SUN

Ghostface just evolved into a better artist on supreme

rae snd cap roasted him the entire ironman. Best 2 verses on the album are by cap (winter watz) and deck (assassination day).

i consider it more a wutang mixtape towards the leadup to forever.

i add fast life (prod by math) ,
    real life remix ft cap , killa sin,
    wu wear ft cap meth rza (prod by rza)
    rainy dayz remix
    whos the champion ft rae and rza (prod by 4th)
    Deadly darts (box in hand og) ft meth and streetlife (prod by rza)
    semi automativ ft deck ugod n street (prod by rza)
    maybe even america but it fits more on wu forever imo

it becomes even better with all the 96 stuff that sounds similar

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    Anybody else feel like the pacing, sequencing is a bit weird on Ironman?

The individual songs are classic but I feel like it would be better in a different order.
    I agree. I rather play its songs out of sequence than just let the album play. 36 Chambers, Liquid Swords & especially Cuban Linx flow like story-driven concept albums even if they really don't have a real plot structure. But thats why I like Ironman more. Its not stuck telling one story or fixed on a few subjects. Its got the randomness of Ghost's better albums but its just better produced and its practically a Clan album.
    "Why are you looking hard with a hood on and Timberland boots, staring at me for one hour..? When you could walk up and shake my hand? Why?"

Kool Keith, "Intro" Black Elvis/Lost in Space

Quote Originally Posted by ForensikZ View Post
    whos the champion ft rae and rza (prod by 4th)
    Greetings, respectfully, didnt RZA produce "Who the Champion"? 4th did the other Wu joint "If Its Allright w You" from the "Great White Hype" sdtrk...

Back to OG topic, "Ironman"... Not personal FAV solo Wu Chamber but def a classic & the 1st CD ever bought w my own $ (aka allowance from Dad lol

Tangentially, the "American Saga" eps on this album "The Soul Controller" was amazing! LOVED how it ended w "Assassination Day" beat one of the HYPEST!
    PEACE

It's not as cohesive as Cuban Linx and Liquid Swords, but it's far and away the third best solo after those 2.

Funnily enough I listened to all 3 of those albums this week, which is quite rare for me.

Quote Originally Posted by hiphopjunky View Post
    The first thing I think of when I think of sequencing in Ironman is going from Poisonous Darts to Winter Warz. I always thought it was amazing because Ghost is rhyming until the very last moment over a sick beat, it stops abruptly but then Winter Warz starts and I think we can all agree that beat is fucking hard too. I can't explain it but it just sounds right to me (maybe I've got a nostalgia boner). But if I think about it differently I can see how it is a bit awkward
    It sounds fucking amazing, when you hear next year, two hundred niggas coming with swords, and the beat for winter warz drops...epic sequencing.
    It's the god, god.

The weirdest songs on Ironman are Marvel and Soul Controller...just very experimental sounding. not bad, just super odd compared to the other beats on the album.

I definitely think Ghostface outshined Rae on Cuban Linx, and oddly, Rae and Cappa probably outshined Ghost on Ironman. Obviously, ghost, since the album has dropped has talked a lot about how he was going through a rough patch in his personal life, to the extent that it effected his performance on the album.

But RZA, was unbelievable. The beats he shat out on Ironman are incredible. HARD HARD HARD HARD.
    It's the god, god.