Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A$AP Rocky & Rihanna Named Their Son RZA

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Set View Post
    Rocky is one of the few people that keep pushing boundaries with their albums. Musically, and visually. Testing may now be 6 years old, but that shit still sounds fresh, and the videos have a vision and don't look cheaply thrown together.

Are you kidding, bro? That entire video and song is just riding Young Thug's wave. And thats all Rocky has ever been - a swagger jacking pretty boy who can't rap. That awful video came out a year after this:

That Rocky video is wack and everything wrong with rap; all style, no substance. Unoriginal "artists" mimicking real thugs, shouting out irrelevant legends for a co-sign and NY trying desperately to be Southern or Westcoast

And someone saying ASAP mob "improved" on Wu-Tang is embarassing. Only 3 of them are well-known and 1 is dead.
    "Why are you looking hard with a hood on and Timberland boots, staring at me for one hour..? When you could walk up and shake my hand? Why?"

Kool Keith, "Intro" Black Elvis/Lost in Space

Dope video. But that ain't on the same level as Praise the Lord. It has some effects that are similar. But they are not utilised to the fullest as in the Rocky video. Nor is the editing on the same pace. Besides that, Rocky went for a more analog look with the video, which Thug didn't. Calling the video wack is embarassing.
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

A$AP MOB had a strong movement before they dropped the ball. Lords Never Worry is a Superior Mixtape. Rocky has one of the best flows in the game. Peace to him and his Family.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

I don't know these people, but this is absolutely fucking cringe.

Poor kid.

Yuck.

Quote Originally Posted by noel411 View Post
    I don't know these people, but this is absolutely fucking cringe.

Poor kid.

Yuck.
    Honestly, what are you talking about?

I'm talking about when u give ur kid an absolutely fucking ridiculous name, the kid is the one who has to suffer n wear that for their whole life. 'Rza' is not a fucking name. Worse still it's the name of a one individual ridiculously egotistical, self aggrandizing rapper and this poor little cunt has no choice but to bear his name.

Dumb fuck parenting.

Whats in a name really. Its just some syllables you use to get someones attention. I mean objectively its not a more ridiculous name than anything else. At some point people had to invent all the biblical names too. And do you actually not like RZA?

I would draw the line at calling a kid GZA, because that sounds gross.

^^on GZA

I used to call one of the kids at school Jizzasper (real name Jasper). We are still on speaking terms when we run into each other in town lol. He's in real estate now.
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    Whats in a name really. Its just some syllables you use to get someones attention. I mean objectively its not a more ridiculous name than anything else. At some point people had to invent all the biblical names too. And do you actually not like RZA?

I would draw the line at calling a kid GZA, because that sounds gross.
    Yeah it's more the whole thing of kids making fun of his stupid name in school, everybody responding huh, wtf? whenever he tells them his name, especially when he has to give it for services n shit, like registering for stuff n whatever. Constantly having to explain to people that your ridiculous name came from a rapper none of them r familiar with.

Like i said, just dumb fuck, thoughtless parenting.

N yeah, I've found rza unbearable for at least a decade now, I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by noel411 View Post
    Yeah it's more the whole thing of kids making fun of his stupid name in school, everybody responding huh, wtf? whenever he tells them his name, especially when he has to give it for services n shit, like registering for stuff n whatever. Constantly having to explain to people that your ridiculous name came from a rapper none of them r familiar with.

Like i said, just dumb fuck, thoughtless parenting.

N yeah, I've found rza unbearable for at least a decade now, I'd say.
    His mother is one of the most famous people in the world. I think the ship has sailed on having a normal life.

^thanks man.

I thought about the fame thing, but I think there's plenty of people who don't give a fuck about that shit. He's still gonna have to live a life, and that stupid name is an unfortunate burden he'll have to carry thru it.

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Do you want gold front fangs, fatigues wearing, Timberland boots with the wild hair Rza back Noel?

lolz I really don't care what he does. I'd just prefer he wasn't on anything I listen to, n considering how very few new release hip hop albums I listen to, the chances of hearing him r very minimal.

I'd still want him on a clan album, n just cross my fingers he dropped the whole ridiculous wise old sage act for the duration of the album.