Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What happened to the Ghostface-produced Clan album?

Default What happened to the Ghostface-produced Clan album?

It was announced in 2016 and mentioned as recently as 2020. https://hiphopdx.com/news/id.55647/t...ns-final-album
    I wonder if the pandemic got it scrapped.
    "Why are you looking hard with a hood on and Timberland boots, staring at me for one hour..? When you could walk up and shake my hand? Why?"

Kool Keith, "Intro" Black Elvis/Lost in Space

My guess is theres money disputes holding things up. Which is dumb, because they probably could have dropped several albums over the last 10 years and earned off it.

Wu is still a big name and they waste a lot of good publicity.

I hope it's still happening. Who knows with these guys?

There's been a lack of solo releases too. When is Rae dropping his next project? It's been a while...
    Retired.

”Still craps and lies” Andy Warhov's Avatar

Its about time. And put an INS solo banger on there

-Diamond in the Rough- 3rdEyeVizion's Avatar

I guess The Abott is still the only one who can gather them all..

Peace CT

This gotta be true^. And probably relates to Rae not being to pull off Shaolin vs Wu Tang as a clan album. Peace

Terry Cloth Rudolph Joint Sky Blue Bally Kid's Avatar

If I was Ghost I wouldn't want the responsibility of this. Also his own track record of recent releases shows he would struggle to pull this off with any success. Also Ghost only cares about selling coffee on Instagram these days.

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -

Good points but Rae couldn't get a clan album made because it was going to be "RZA-less" and Ghost had RZA's blessing and if it was an official Clan album, he would've been given the budget and distribution his own recent shit has lacked. But yeah, I don't know if a Ghost-produced album would be great anyway because he's more into crime lyrics and soulful beats and I don't really want to hear GZA, Deck, MK or anyone really doing gangsta rap at their age except maybe Rae and Ghost... even tho thats starting to get old. I want the kung fu influences and philosophical jewel-dropping if its a group album.
    "Why are you looking hard with a hood on and Timberland boots, staring at me for one hour..? When you could walk up and shake my hand? Why?"

Kool Keith, "Intro" Black Elvis/Lost in Space

Lo @ people really believing that the wu heirachy was going to allow that to happen. all these years and yall haven't learned yet?

Wutang has taught me that as a man you shouldn't announce things you don't have ready to deliver.

Yeah I don't know, all I remember was Rza saying he gave up after ABT's reception, n was handing the reins over to Ghost to give it a shot. Dunno if anything actually happened after that or it was all just speculation n assumption.

I actually came here just now to c if there was any news on a new clan album tho. So i guess this answered my question.
    Last edited by noel411; 05-27-2023 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Blue Bally Kid View Post
    If I was Ghost I wouldn't want the responsibility of this. Also his own track record of recent releases shows he would struggle to pull this off with any success. Also Ghost only cares about selling coffee on Instagram these days.
    This aged like fine wine. Ouch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Warhov View Post
    Its about time. And put an INS solo banger on there
    That would be nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    Wutang has taught me that as a man you shouldn't announce things you don't have ready to deliver.
    LMAO. I wonder if that Stem Player album is ever going to happen. They probably had tracks laying around for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by RADIOACTIVE MAN View Post
    Lo @ people really believing that the wu heirachy was going to allow that to happen. all these years and yall haven't learned yet?
    What do you mean? Ghost is like exec on almost all the Clan albums. So he'd be one of the first to do this, no?

This was first announced in 2016? Like hell we are ever going to see this. That is like ages ago. Then again, Ghost also claims to still be working on his follow up to Supreme Clientele.
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

Usually exec producer credits are courtesy credits. Most of the time , they had little to minimal input in the whole fruition of the project. Sometimes it’s some dude who who suggested a few tidbits here and there . And what i meant was , if it ain’t the diggs family overseeing a wutang clan project, it ain’t gonna go anywhere . It’s just like that. It’s not just Rza at play here , there’s the shadow government too, divine etc .

but what knows , it may just happens and I’m talking outta my asss.

I would be happy if the Wu released them early demos but remastered and make em official!
    Plus, i bet they have a bunch of unreleased music in RZA’s vaults

People have said RZA has hundreds of beats just sitting.

Break em out, get in the studio for like a month, and record 10-12 songs. I'm hoping that theres something lined up for the 30th anniversary, but eh.