View Poll Results: Which album is better?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Uncontrolled Substance

5 38.46%
  • Dopium

1 7.69%
  • No Said Date

7 53.85%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which one of these albums are better? (Deck vs U-God vs Masta Killa)

Default Which one of these albums are better? (Deck vs U-God vs Masta Killa)

So, i was listening to some Wu albums and thought which one was better of these 3.
    It’s their best solo projects, and got me curious about what y’all think.
    Imo U-God & Masta Killa had superior albums, but Deck is the best MC

Uncontrolled Substance - Deck

Dopium - U-God

No Said Date - Masta Killa

Veteran Member

Dopium is my favorite Uey release by far. I can't day it's better than No Said Date though...I haven't listened to it in a while. But they are both much better than Deck's album IMO

No Said Date ALL DAY
    " Fifty caliber street sweepers shots from Shaolin that go to Massapequa." - Gza

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

ALL THREE ARE DOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nada ignorante

I like the production on Dopium more.
    N.I.

Imo Inspectah Deck has yet to deliver a superior album.
    The production on Dopium was dope, but so was No Said Date.

unpopular opinion here :

Uncontrolled Substance > No Said Date > Dopium

They are cool though, minus the remixes on Dopium (which I did not take into account when ranking the albums)

I rate US above NSD because, while all songs on NSD are dope, the songs do not make for a cohesive listening experience all the say like some of the other solos. I feel like MK recorded a song here, a dong thete and in the end after a long ass wait he had enough songs for an album. Do That Dance is my joint though.

Dopium has some great songs, but also some rather average ones (Iced Tea or whatever it is called etc)

Dopium is still Uey's best album though. Venom was very mid in comparison. And lol @ his second album and Hill Side Scramblers.
    Retired.

Peace CT

I always forget that Slaine was on Dopium. This was before he blew up really. Definitely top 3 white MC. Peace

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

You could argue Manifesto is Deck's best album. Out of these 3 it would have to be a toss up between No Said Date and Uncontrolled Substance.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

PRODIGAL SUN

No said date > golden arms > uncontrolled > dopium

golden arms arms album is underrated. Got like 6-7 tracks i can get into

Turbulence
    The glide
    Dats gangsta
    Soul dazzle
    Bizzare
    rumble
    Pleasure or pain
    stay in ya lane
    shell shock
    night the city cried

what hurts the album most is hearing how dissapointed ugod is on the beats freestyling bad to shit

sunz or rza woulda killed some these. Its actually is sonically a vrry cohesive produced wu album minus some big errors from rza allowing ugod to sound like that over spare leoduction. Its like ugod wasnt trying so neither was rza. His first 2 beats are cool on album.

with that said ugod comes correct on a variety of songs and all over decks album. P

uncontrolled idk just sounds dead to me but still a 3.5 mic album imo. Its not a bad albhm at all. Its good. Not great. But pleasing amd a great addition to the catalog as the other 2 are imo.

no said date a great album
    Last edited by ForensikZ; 05-17-2023 at 08:43 PM.

Peace CT

Yeah I kinda liked Golden Arms. That’s actually my favorite U-God album. Hell Razah and Leathaface killed their guest spots. And I liked most of the beats. And definitely agreed on US. Not a bad album but it was just lacking. Guest spots were all on point but needed that Ghost or Meth feature as well. A few more RZA beats woulda helped obviously. As dope as Deck is he obviously has a disappointing solo career. Luckily he’s redeemed himself and stayed relevant with CZARFACE. Peace

Quote Originally Posted by ForensikZ View Post
    No said date > golden arms > uncontrolled > dopium

golden arms arms album is underrated. Got like 6-7 tracks i can get into

Turbulence
    The glide
    Dats gangsta
    Soul dazzle
    Bizzare
    rumble
    Pleasure or pain
    stay in ya lane
    shell shock
    night the city cried

what hurts the album most is hearing how dissapointed ugod is on the beats freestyling bad to shit

sunz or rza woulda killed some these. Its actually is sonically a vrry cohesive produced wu album minus some big errors from rza allowing ugod to sound like that over spare leoduction. Its like ugod wasnt trying so neither was rza. His first 2 beats are cool on album.

with that said ugod comes correct on a variety of songs and all over decks album. P

uncontrolled idk just sounds dead to me but still a 3.5 mic album imo. Its not a bad albhm at all. Its good. Not great. But pleasing amd a great addition to the catalog as the other 2 are imo.

no said date a great album
    that is the best write up I have read on Golden Arms Redemption in years. thanks for sharing your thoughts
    Retired.

I love Uncontrolled Substance. I think it’s a slept on classic.

But I bang the other two as well.

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by Rev Jones View Post
    that is the best write up I have read on Golden Arms Redemption in years. thanks for sharing your thoughts
    The thread forced me to relisten to uncontrolled, and i do think that if rza woulda just stopped giving away tracks, and maybe gave the album cuts like : execute them, put the hammer down, s.o.s., rap burglars, tres leches, semi automatic , even cross your heart. The cut rza track the settlement and the cut night shift were crucial to the album.

with a couple substitutions of odd unreleased tracks coulda helped deck out immensely. You expect more from deck than ugod, and idk i just mess with my favs from golden arms more than i do the best travks from decks.

i think the best deck tracks were def nightshift, 9th chamber, elevatoon, word on the street, rec room, forget me not, trouble man, show and prove.

and execute me, tres leches, sos, sonically fit tracks like longevity and friction. Even assassination day fits which is nice considering.

i might have been rash saying it wasnt as good. The only track i dislike is femme fatale. Ugod has way more dissapointing performances.

but bizarre, pleasure or pain and dats gangsta are just superior to the best deck songs imo.

its a shame really

i also think the advance tracklist flows better than the release.

you can easily make like a 30 track really good uncontrolled with all the guestwork from 98-00

i know yall want downloads but im working on like a mass second/third wu album revisits that make them incredible. I alrwady did immobilarity, lex diamond, tical 0, uncontrolled. Working on the rest

uncontrolled substance revisit
    https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...OHvSHZ2eq_yVxW