View Poll Results: Which album is better?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Uncontrolled Substance

5 38.46%
  • Dopium

1 7.69%
  • No Said Date

7 53.85%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which one of these albums are better? (Deck vs U-God vs Masta Killa)

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

That Deck album had wu production all over it haha. Everyone just delivered him weak beats or he's not good at picking beats. 2 RZA Beats, 2 4th Disciple Beats, 3 True Master Beats, 5 Deck Beats. I mean.....that should be enough in the 90's for a crazy album. If I told you we'd get an album with these producers ya'll would be drooling. Deck didn't deliver as he should've.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Peace CT

Deck needed and deserved 15 RZA tracks regardless of a flood. Peace

He ain't like the Ghostdog beats.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    That Deck album had wu production all over it haha. Everyone just delivered him weak beats or he's not good at picking beats. 2 RZA Beats, 2 4th Disciple Beats, 3 True Master Beats, 5 Deck Beats. I mean.....that should be enough in the 90's for a crazy album. If I told you we'd get an album with these producers ya'll would be drooling. Deck didn't deliver as he should've.

its really not produced bad at all. Its just missing the features. I really dont hate anything on the album. Im just not 10/10 blown away with most the tracks

troubleman, uncontrolled substance,9th chamber, lovein you, elevation, show and prove, word on the street, rec room, longevity, night shift, forget me not; best songs imo. Which leaves like 6-7 cool but not incredible tracks.

Tho the rza track the settlement was used better on the “scary movies freestyle”.

friction is in same fanily as assassination day and execute them

its 5 wu collab trades away from beung a really great album. Its a shame rza wouod give away wu tracks to everyone but deck. Tres leches, execute them, rap burglars, semi automatic, cross ya heart, one more to go w/ deadly venoms easily could have been saved for this album and turned it around.

I'm 50/50 with you. I agree some more features could've done this justice. I'd say maybe 2-3 more features. Rae, Ghost, Meth, GZA could've added to this one and gave it some spice. But with that said the beats where lacking "Movers & Shakers" is an average RZA beat, "Grand Prix" average 4th Beat, "Femme Fatal" wack deck beat. Guest beats could've been way better on here to me. Beats alone could've gave this a boost.

Quote Originally Posted by ForensikZ View Post
    The thread forced me to relisten to uncontrolled, and i do think that if rza woulda just stopped giving away tracks, and maybe gave the album cuts like : execute them, put the hammer down, s.o.s., rap burglars, tres leches, semi automatic , even cross your heart. The cut rza track the settlement and the cut night shift were crucial to the album.

with a couple substitutions of odd unreleased tracks coulda helped deck out immensely. You expect more from deck than ugod, and idk i just mess with my favs from golden arms more than i do the best travks from decks.

i think the best deck tracks were def nightshift, 9th chamber, elevatoon, word on the street, rec room, forget me not, trouble man, show and prove.

and execute me, tres leches, sos, sonically fit tracks like longevity and friction. Even assassination day fits which is nice considering.

i might have been rash saying it wasnt as good. The only track i dislike is femme fatale. Ugod has way more dissapointing performances.

but bizarre, pleasure or pain and dats gangsta are just superior to the best deck songs imo.

its a shame really

i also think the advance tracklist flows better than the release.

you can easily make like a 30 track really good uncontrolled with all the guestwork from 98-00

i know yall want downloads but im working on like a mass second/third wu album revisits that make them incredible. I alrwady did immobilarity, lex diamond, tical 0, uncontrolled. Working on the rest

uncontrolled substance revisit
    https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...OHvSHZ2eq_yVxW
    I wasnt a Deck or a Wu Tang fan at the time Uncontrolled Substance dropped. (I was into the whole DMX and Ruff Ryders movement)
    But, i can see what u saying though!
    He was killing it in almost everything he was on, and i guess the album was very anticipated.
    His Collaborations with Pun, Pete Rock, Gang Starr were outstanding.

But, we shoulnt blame only RZA, but Deck is to blame on this too cause he accepted those beats instead of being more hands on the project himself.

If he knew RZA was busy with other stuff like his Bobby Digital album, Wu Killa Beez compilation and The W album.
    He should’ve tried to make other moves so the album wouldnt have end up like Rae’s sophmore album.

PRODIGAL SUN

I'm 50/50 with you. I agree some more features could've done this justice. I'd say maybe 2-3 more features. Rae, Ghost, Meth, GZA could've added to this one and gave it some spice. But with that said the beats where lacking "Movers & Shakers" is an average RZA beat, "Grand Prix" average 4th Beat, "Femme Fatal" wack deck beat. Guest beats could've been way better on here to me. Beats alone could've gave this a boost.
    i too struggle with movers and shakers cause it just doesnt really fit the rest of the album. I dont think its a bad song or beat per say, it just doesnt grab me like all the other wu intros do.

femme fatal does have a weird beat. Its okay… but after relistening to my mix above, it just dont hit like the other songs. Feel the same way with the original settlement after hearing the superior stretch and bobbito scary movies version.

Quote Originally Posted by MakCorleone View Post
    I wasnt a Deck or a Wu Tang fan at the time Uncontrolled Substance dropped. (I was into the whole DMX and Ruff Ryders movement)
    But, i can see what u saying though!
    He was killing it in almost everything he was on, and i guess the album was very anticipated.
    His Collaborations with Pun, Pete Rock, Gang Starr were outstanding.

But, we shoulnt blame only RZA, but Deck is to blame on this too cause he accepted those beats instead of being more hands on the project himself.

If he knew RZA was busy with other stuff like his Bobby Digital album, Wu Killa Beez compilation and The W album.
    He should’ve tried to make other moves so the album wouldnt have end up like Rae’s sophmore album.
    very true. He gave rza and gza and ghost great beats. Elevation/stay true, beneath the surface and kiss of black widow were serious heaters.

elevation is fire. Word on the street too. The cause and hyperdermix are cool but not better than the others.

it is decks call but i think everyone assumed a wu heavy project. With atleast a method man and raekwon track. Especially rae being on loud

i mean ugod got meth rae and deck.

deck can only get ugod mkilla and streetlife?

I mean whoever made that call whether it was Loud or deck or the clan themselves saying no well never know.

still think its one of the higher qualitu wu releases. But typical witj the clan after forever, every album has a sample issue problem and some of the best songs are always cut.
    Night shift would have been the best song on the album. And settlement one of the best verses. Even with the extra true mast/rza songs, still needs those collabs.

the authentic by ruthless bastards
    stay bent by IGC prod by alchemist
    one more to go by deadly venoms ft wu
    cross your hear ft gza and killah priesy
    tres Leches ft P and big pun
    execute them fr rae mkilla and streetlife
    Shaolin worldwide ft meth and streetlife
    rap burglars ft raekwon
    put ya hammer down ft wu
    verbal slaughter by cellar dwellars

a few of these for a few of the lesser tracks and i think we look at it the diff way
    Last edited by ForensikZ; 05-20-2023 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ForensikZ View Post
    i too struggle with movers and shakers cause it just doesnt really fit the rest of the album. I dont think its a bad song or beat per say, it just doesnt grab me like all the other wu intros do.

femme fatal does have a weird beat. Its okay… but after relistening to my mix above, it just dont hit like the other songs. Feel the same way with the original settlement after hearing the superior stretch and bobbito scary movies version.

very true. He gave rza and gza and ghost great beats. Elevation/stay true, beneath the surface and kiss of black widow were serious heaters.

elevation is fire. Word on the street too. The cause and hyperdermix are cool but not better than the others.

it is decks call but i think everyone assumed a wu heavy project. With atleast a method man and raekwon track. Especially rae being on loud

i mean ugod got meth rae and deck.

deck can only get ugod mkilla and streetlife?

I mean whoever made that call whether it was Loud or deck or the clan themselves saying no well never know.

still think its one of the higher qualitu wu releases. But typical witj the clan after forever, every album has a sample issue problem and some of the best songs are always cut.
    Night shift would have been the best song on the album. And settlement one of the best verses. Even with the extra true mast/rza songs, still needs those collabs.

the authentic by ruthless bastards
    stay bent by IGC prod by alchemist
    one more to go by deadly venoms ft wu
    cross your hear ft gza and killah priesy
    tres Leches ft P and big pun
    execute them fr rae mkilla and streetlife
    Shaolin worldwide ft meth and streetlife
    rap burglars ft raekwon
    put ya hammer down ft wu
    verbal slaughter by cellar dwellars

a few of these for a few of the lesser tracks and i think we look at it the same way
    Well, that’s a good point.
    Deck didn’t get support from Clan heavy hitters like Rae, Ghost and Meth, I think even a ODB skit or intro would’ve made it for me.

What fucks me up is that Deck has never dropped a consistent album, I remember when Resident Patient was dropped and heard Sound of the Slumbs with MK it was finally his time to shine but I was wrong!
    His Czarface album are the part of his discography.

Can we also speak about him doing his chorus'. That shit sound empty and does not hold the same weight as when Uey does it.
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

Regarding the 3 albums. Couple of months ago I listened to NSD again. I had sort of just forgotten about it. It's a nice album, and a fan service.

For both Deck & U-God I think they have at least one classic still in. If only for the fact that they have an urge to proof themselves. You can hear this constantly with U-God. He still has this hunger. US & Dopium are not peak for them.
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Set View Post
    Can we also speak about him doing his chorus'. That shit sound empty and does not hold the same weight as when Uey does it.
    INS shouldn't be doing hooks. 'Movers & Shakers' etc - the hooks sound flat. Uey does great hooks just off the strength of his voice.

INS should stick to doing verses. Same with MK, but to a lesser extent. Meth on the other hand was born for hooks (and verses, obviously). ODB? Great guy for a hook too. RIP.
    Retired.