Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Excluding black immigrants from hip-hop's creation

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Seed View Post
    I think its stupid to say hip-hop belongs to any group, but if they want to be tribal and racist, it probably belongs to Jamaican-Americans first, African-Americans second and then Puerto Ricans. I just don't like mfs ignoring facts and twisting history for their own agenda.
    Here you go with your bullshit. It belongs Black Americans First. Get over it. How is claiming something tribal and racist? You don't say that about any other group lol. Get out your feelings.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

You sound pissy because everyone clowned your Wu-Elements thread. Sorry you don't get pussy and stay mad.

p.s. a Jamaican-American created hip-hop.
    "Why are you looking hard with a hood on and Timberland boots, staring at me for one hour..? When you could walk up and shake my hand? Why?"

Kool Keith, "Intro" Black Elvis/Lost in Space

The Smell of The Future LORD NOSE's Avatar

HipHop doesn't start with music

watch the fuckin documentaries

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Seed View Post
    You sound pissy because everyone clowned your Wu-Elements thread. Sorry you don't get pussy and stay mad.

p.s. a Jamaican-American created hip-hop.
    No. Stop trying to re write history. Telling lies. That's what ya'll like to do best. Steal our style then try to take the credit for it. Claim your own music. No one clowned my WU Elements thread. Try again.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

I'm not Jamaican so you look stupid. But I'm not desperate enough to love being black that I need to take credit away from others.

To the other guy: hip-hop is not just rapping or break-dancing. Getting tired of breaking it down for you remedial niggas. Its rapping to a looped breakbeat. NO ONE did it before DJ Kool Herc and Coke LaRock. None of these crazy FBA-types can show anyone before them rapping to a breakbeat and they never will... because it was Kool Herc's idea - a Jamaican-American.
    "Why are you looking hard with a hood on and Timberland boots, staring at me for one hour..? When you could walk up and shake my hand? Why?"

Kool Keith, "Intro" Black Elvis/Lost in Space