Thread: Jay Worthy & Roc Marciano - Nothing Bigger Than The Program LP

Default Jay Worthy & Roc Marciano - Nothing Bigger Than The Program LP

Album drops May 26.

Roc never disappoints no matter what he’s involved in. I’ll check this out.

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Roc will have to carry the project.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

I'll be the first to admit i don't understand hip hop anymore. I've never heard of the other guy here (not roc Marciano). Just listened to a few bars in both tracks n he's terrible. Like he just is. By hip hop standards I'm familiar with. I have no idea what constitutes good rapping these days, or why. I don't listen to modern hip hop. I check out a few albums by a very, very select few, and most the guests (guys I've never heard of) are absolute trash.

I don't care. Like i gave up on the genre long ago. There's plenty from the 80's thru the early 2000's to fill any cravings for hip hop that i get (and i still do, and will always love the genre for its true representatives). I'm just saying.

The golden age is obviously over and now you have to look hard to find a rapper you like. Roc is great but the other dude is just ok. Why not team up with Conway or Action Bronson or someone good? I don’t know.

The sad thing is even underground rap is bad now. It was fire in the 2000s

This album is weak by the way. This isn't Roc's best work production wise and Jay Worthy doesn't do anything to help.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    This album is weak by the way. This isn't Roc's best work production wise and Jay Worthy doesn't do anything to help.
    I agree, but the song with Ab-Soul is DOPE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    I agree, but the song with Ab-Soul is DOPE!!!
    Yeah that's probably 1 of 3 tracks that are any good. "Fur Coat Talk" & "Wake Up" are the other two I like.