Thread: Method Man @ Breakfast Club

Default Method Man @ Breakfast Club

Its funny that Meth talks about not cursing in his rhymes, and then proceeds to curse through the rest of the interview lol.

No updates on the album with Havoc as far as I could hear.

Peace CT

3 years ago the Hav/Meth album was basically done according to Meth. Typical of Wu so we shouldn’t be shocked. Peace

Can someone give bullet points of the interview? I can't take the Breakfast Club hosts.
    "Why are you looking hard with a hood on and Timberland boots, staring at me for one hour..? When you could walk up and shake my hand? Why?"

Kool Keith, "Intro" Black Elvis/Lost in Space

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Seed View Post
    Can someone give bullet points of the interview? I can't take the Breakfast Club hosts.
    They are indeed unbearable.
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    No updates on the album with Havoc as far as I could hear.
    That sucks, I was really hyped about that album, Meth sounds great on Havoc beats.

Veteran Member

I watched the first few minutes and gave up after they were still talking about prostate exams lol

I second the request for a cliff notes version please!

HHDX will milk it for a couple of articles.

Talked about recording with Biggie, how he snuck out because it was not really allowed around that time. Said Biggie wrote his first, and wanted to let his verse end with M-E, and Method start with T-H-O-D Man. But Meth had already written his verse, so it was sort of added in. Off course, he was not in the studio with Pac. That was just a track they (Meth & Red) did after hanging out with Snoop and the Dogg Pound all the time.

He still does not like how Tical ended up. Could have been better.

Meth slowly started working out. Cause was his insomnia where he just went at 4 in the morning, and followed his trainers program. It evolved from there from 3 to 4 to 5 days. Now it also involved diet for him, but he still smokes, and hates to be pigeonholed as just the smoking guy.

See hiphop as in its early 20's back in the 90's, discovering the world, fucking around, getting its own identity.

He was scared of the the All I Need remix. Not because of the success, but because of the R&B association. In the end he supported the release because he was paid about 50k. Meth does wonder what is up with health insurance for musical artists.

Points out that we need to focus on financial literacy and mental health in the industry. Meth had some problems with his finances in the past too, but he could always get a show. Got into a situation with the IRS. And he battled with depression at some point. People around him in the studio motivated him again, and battle rap was a big inspiration for him.

Does not like auditions. You have to do the work for acting though. 'When they break bread in Hollywood, they break bread.' Davis role so far is his favorite. (Redman was let go of the show because he did not get vaccinated.)

Meth points out that most of the stories right now are RZAs vision, especially true for the Saga show. The doc is all true though. He sticks by RZA and him doing what he does, everybody got their own interpretatiom though. He has not watched the show yet.

Musically. He does it because he wants to, not because he has to. He drops that he has three, but not sure if he references that he has 3 ready. Because later on he calls out Meth Lab 1-2-3.

Charlamagne enjoyed Rae's & U-Gods book, and was wondering if we could expect one from Meth. Meth call Uey a crackhead, as a joke. If Meth does it, he wants to do it like Mike Tyson on stage in a one man show. He claims he remembers everything. (Interesting claim because most rappers that lived through the 90's can't recall a lot because they smoked so much.)

'Everybody had an issue with Divine, it comes with the territory.' When asked about Divine on the Saga show. Points out that the guy that does Power does it perfectly with all the mannerisms. For prep, he just told Dave 'to do you'. Than goes on to joke about the rapping of some of the other actors.

Seems to be great friends with Mary now. Met Mary at Puffy's birthday party, and Bring The Pain was her shit. Gives props to Puffy for setting the remix up.

Charlamagne tells Meth to not be too hard on himself in regard to Tical. Most rhymes were written by Meth between 15 & 17. As we know it was recorded on the road, sometimes in studios with rats scuffling around. Happy the album did well because it set the standard for the rest. "What if the flood never happened? -My shit would have been 5 mics." Gives props to the women around him that helped him set up the album and manage him.

Meth really got Charlamagne with his U-God joke
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Set View Post
    HHDX will milk it for a couple of articles.

Talked about recording with Biggie, how he snuck out because it was not really allowed around that time. Said Biggie wrote his first, and wanted to let his verse end with M-E, and Method start with T-H-O-D Man. But Meth had already written his verse, so it was sort of added in. Off course, he was not in the studio with Pac. That was just a track they (Meth & Red) did after hanging out with Snoop and the Dogg Pound all the time.

He still does not like how Tical ended up. Could have been better.

Meth slowly started working out. Cause was his insomnia where he just went at 4 in the morning, and followed his trainers program. It evolved from there from 3 to 4 to 5 days. Now it also involved diet for him, but he still smokes, and hates to be pigeonholed as just the smoking guy.

See hiphop as in its early 20's back in the 90's, discovering the world, fucking around, getting its own identity.

He was scared of the the All I Need remix. Not because of the success, but because of the R&B association. In the end he supported the release because he was paid about 50k. Meth does wonder what is up with health insurance for musical artists.

Points out that we need to focus on financial literacy and mental health in the industry. Meth had some problems with his finances in the past too, but he could always get a show. Got into a situation with the IRS. And he battled with depression at some point. People around him in the studio motivated him again, and battle rap was a big inspiration for him.

Does not like auditions. You have to do the work for acting though. 'When they break bread in Hollywood, they break bread.' Davis role so far is his favorite. (Redman was let go of the show because he did not get vaccinated.)

Meth points out that most of the stories right now are RZAs vision, especially true for the Saga show. The doc is all true though. He sticks by RZA and him doing what he does, everybody got their own interpretatiom though. He has not watched the show yet.

Musically. He does it because he wants to, not because he has to. He drops that he has three, but not sure if he references that he has 3 ready. Because later on he calls out Meth Lab 1-2-3.

Charlamagne enjoyed Rae's & U-Gods book, and was wondering if we could expect one from Meth. Meth call Uey a crackhead, as a joke. If Meth does it, he wants to do it like Mike Tyson on stage in a one man show. He claims he remembers everything. (Interesting claim because most rappers that lived through the 90's can't recall a lot because they smoked so much.)

'Everybody had an issue with Divine, it comes with the territory.' When asked about Divine on the Saga show. Points out that the guy that does Power does it perfectly with all the mannerisms. For prep, he just told Dave 'to do you'. Than goes on to joke about the rapping of some of the other actors.

Seems to be great friends with Mary now. Met Mary at Puffy's birthday party, and Bring The Pain was her shit. Gives props to Puffy for setting the remix up.

Charlamagne tells Meth to not be too hard on himself in regard to Tical. Most rhymes were written by Meth between 15 & 17. As we know it was recorded on the road, sometimes in studios with rats scuffling around. Happy the album did well because it set the standard for the rest. "What if the flood never happened? -My shit would have been 5 mics." Gives props to the women around him that helped him set up the album and manage him.

Meth really got Charlamagne with his U-God joke
    Thank you!!!

Good lookin with the breakdown. The teenage lyrics make sense. I even think the song "M.E.T.H.O.D. Man" is full of corny bars obviously written by a kid/beginner. But it makes Meth seem like one of the most improved during the Forever era. Its gotta be annoying when you were the guy expected to break out and everyone else's album is a classic except yours. Tical 2000 made up for it. Funny how his RnB songs are typically the best parts of his albums. He should've jumped on the LL bandwagon (his favorite rapper) and drop romantic rap albums because he has one of the biggest female fanbases in rap history.
    "Why are you looking hard with a hood on and Timberland boots, staring at me for one hour..? When you could walk up and shake my hand? Why?"

Kool Keith, "Intro" Black Elvis/Lost in Space