Thread: For any Majestic 12 fans

Shaolin Student

Default For any Majestic 12 fans

Here's a little something that I put together recently. Basically this is a collection of almost all of their non-album tracks. Everything is in wave quality except for 2 songs. I sourced everything from cd's, unless it was only available on vinyl. This doesn't contain anything that mind-blowing, but still worth checking out imo.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/06x40...Tracks.7z/file

Veteran Member

Thank you for sharing!

That's dope, thanks!

Did you go around collecting all those cd's?
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

Shaolin Student

Glad you all appreciate it.

Yes, I collect a little bit here and there. There are a few artists that I've basically collected everything that they've done (Wu-Tang up until 2000, Diamond D, Large Professor). I'll collect the digital if it's available, and I try to get that in flac/wav. If the digital's not available, which is especially true for older/rare items, such as promo vinyls and cds, then I'll buy a used copy and rip it. I prefer the cd first, then the vinyl if that's the only option. To be honest I've finally found some free time to complete a few compilations that I've been working on, which Majestic 12 was one. The other's are B-1, Powerule, Neek The Exotic. These artists released a lot of songs via 12" only, so the only way to get a quality recording is to buy it and rip it yourself. There's a lot of intestesting NYC hip-hop from the late 90's/early 00's that only exists on vinyl.

Dope. I used to buy everything Wu related. Like soundtracks that would have one song. I see now that those are actually pretty valuable because the soundtracks are not available online, nor has the song been ripped again into high quality. Something I would have never expected in this age, that soundtracks on CD would become a holy grail.

In regard to the promo and singles. I've been seeing that a lot of the stuff that I 'have', has been ripped in 128 or at most 192. Which was at the time fine. But if you go over it now, it is kind of shitty. Which means you need to go over you whole library of non album rips, and see if there are better sources. Off course, it is best if you can find that cd version, because the vinyl shows after all these years. Even then the vinyl rips were different. And I bet that even if you had like an expensive element, phono and all, you'd still hear that the vinyl source is not the best.

Shaolin Student

https://94hiphop.com/

That's a good resource if you're willing to pay a monthly fee. The fee is legit, doesn't auto-renew if you don't want it to. Lot's of hard to find items in flac. I use it from time to time to add to my collection.

Of course soulseek is great too. 94hiphop does have some stuff that soulseek doesn't, but soulseek is free. Of course you probably already know about these resources, but figured I'd mention them just in case you didn't.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Set View Post
    Dope. I used to buy everything Wu related. Like soundtracks that would have one song.
    Me too. I definitely found some gems this way but some albums/soundtracks were trash aside from the Wu track

Did not know about that site, thanks!

In the 90's, there was a great run with soundtracks that could stand on there own. But that market got saturated fast, and there was a lot of trash around on those. Funny enough, some soundtracks were better than the films itself. Nowadays you rarely see that. Last one I remember is the Black Panther soundtrack. That one was on point. They tried with Creed, but it just did not live up to the film in my opinion.

PRODIGAL SUN

Thanks bro

i love majestic 12

i always thought that 2002 period where rza was releasing shit under digital recordings, sugar bang, mikey jarret jr, majestic 12, tekitha, division all released dope 12”s and the sampler were incredible. The mix of raggae, rnb and hip hop was dope. Wish more came from it.

prolly rzas last hip hop run.