Thread: LEATHAFASE Interview - GOLDEN ARMS/THE HILLSIDE SCRAMBLERS/ BEEF WITH U-GOD

Default LEATHAFASE Interview - GOLDEN ARMS/THE HILLSIDE SCRAMBLERS/ BEEF WITH U-GOD

Great interview.
    It's the god, god.

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

oh dang

PRODIGAL SUN

Man i dont feel his energy.

if ugod was giving him 10k here and there like he says for droppimh some verses, than he did more right for him than i thought.

ugod had to establish himself. This guys like “put me on”. They werent in a situation where by proxy his man is gon be a successful rapper. He got incredible promo from him and wasted it. Trife used ghost much better. Street with meth. Polite and rae. Rza and his guys.

the fact he made any money at all righr off the bat like that is incredibly lucky. A lot you can do with 10k all at once. Not like its 500 every 2 weeks like a standard nobody rapper contract that many start with.

Ugod needed to establish himself. Noone was stopping dude from writing a solo song his first 7 years in the game. 98-05 is 7 years. He did 3 records with him. Lotta wu fam did more with way less.

What does he say about the U-God beef?

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kutman View Post
    What does he say about the U-God beef?
    Yeah I need a cliffnotes version of this, I'm not watching this.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Peace CT

This^. 45 minutes for this guy, no shot. Peace

Quote Originally Posted by josborne3680 View Post
    This^. 45 minutes for this guy, no shot. Peace
    it's actually a fire interview.

he reveals that U-God basically fucked a deal Leathafase was offered by Def-Jam.

reveals diddy also wanted to sign him, and universal. he claims all deals were scupped in one way or another by U-God.

also says the dopium track was a throwaway from years earlier and he wasn't even speaking to u-god when it dropped.
    It's the god, god.

Peace CT

Ok cool and thanks

everyone says they were almost signed by Puffy. seems like he just uses mfs for ghostwriting and then rarely pulls the trigger and signs them.
    "Why are you looking hard with a hood on and Timberland boots, staring at me for one hour..? When you could walk up and shake my hand? Why?"

Kool Keith, "Intro" Black Elvis/Lost in Space

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Thank God he passed on signing D.M.X. He would have totally Nerfed that album.. Imagine Get At Me Dog or Ruff Ryders' Anthem with annoying ass Puff Daddy adlibs. "Y'all niggahz wanna be killahz? Get At Me Dog, (come on, let's dance) Stop, drop, shut 'em down, open up shop, ( Bad Boy 9-8, take that)

Here is some notes. It is hard to really grasp sometimes what he is saying. Might go over it later to rewrite.

So Uey paid him here & there
    He has credits and gets royalties from GAR
    Hillside Scrambler, Uey tries to put everybody on. But they don't seem to understand? The album took not very long? Almost a month? This was a contract? He asked Leathaface to get on there, and his friends. But they thought they were helping him?
    He was networking when he was recording. Only when doing shows.
    Something happened with that deal real quick?
    He did not see a dollar from Hillside Scramblers. There was supposed to be money giving. Due to this, he was not motivated to do more music. He could make more money in the streets.
    There is something they have to go to court for in regard to the payments of that album, according to U-god he says. (He speculates that they did not recoup on that album, so they did not pay out.)
    Perfect albums for him: Illmatic & Ready to Die, Lox 1st album Dipset, perfect albums to him. Mobb Deeps Infamous, M.O.P.

They sat down before the Mr. Xcitement prject. A whole summer of work. Hot spot in the hood, sort of trap house. U-ey heard some beat, and suggested to do some back & forth stuff like Rae & Ghost. From there he suggested to share rhymes. Which became It's a Wrap. And so on.

Around the third one, he still believed in the financial promises by U-God. He was getting nicer at what he was doing. Spitting harder and shows. He learned from U-god how to get better at write hooks. They went to Florida to record with the budget. He leard a lot on the spot about samples and replaying it. Some songs U-God liked, but Leathaface not. But because Uey thought it was hard, it still got put on.
    To LA to finish the rest of it.

Def Jam deal, office of Def Jam with rob lowe (?). PLayed their music. The saw potential. Uey start cursing at an intern that suggested to do some more radio friendly songs.That fucked up the deal he thinks.
    Puff deal.

He did a showcase by himself. Have your music ready, which he had by this time. Contract with U-god held him back. They needed to buy Uey out. But he did not have the connect.

Universal, me him and one other artist. Homegirl got canned. Uey was outdated, on some pimp shit.

Puffy in the club

"I'm not a rapper, I'm from the street."

==
    Could not take it anymore. My take is that Uey did put him on, got him some money. The 2nd & 3rd album did do well at all, so no money flowed from that. The stuff about the deals, maybe he could have signed. But I am not sure he would have taken off. With Def Jam he did not have any music ready, with Universal he did though. Just sounds like he is more focused on the money in the street, than music since it has not money at first. Plus, he Uey gave him all these options to learn a lot of stuff in regard to making music, and writing songs. So I don't really get the animosity. For me it is hard to imagine him as an artist taking off, he'd need a lot of work.
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

nada ignorante

That was actually a good interview know Im sayin
    he sound a little butthurt know Im sayin
    I cant front on him though Know Im sayin
    I gotta go take a shit now know Im sayin
    N.I.

Only faggots say "Uey".

Leathafase is nasty on the mic, lol but it sounds like he has a bone to pick with Ugod.