Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sunz Of Man - Behold [Demo]

Corny Nuh! Capitalizing Cilvaringz's Avatar

The story with it is total and utter Zeitgeist. Well not really. Few months ago I connected with I Define who was posting here and we broke bread over an idea to work on something Sunz related. He had found this sample and sent it to 4th Disciple who didn't do anything with it. So i took a shot at it. We got some vocals together and that's the demo you hear. It sounds old, which was the intention. And I wanted to measure the feedback to it, assess things if you will.

Veteran Member

Do it

yes definitely do it if this could turn into an EP or something. this is sounding vintage nineties

props to I Define too, dope sample!

PRODIGAL SUN

Only thing it needs is 60 doing some repetive catchy hook to keep the energy up maybe have it link the verses quickly or start at beginning.

frankly you could prolly sample 60 doing something. He goes on 3 hr rapping sining rants on ig weekly lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cilvaringz View Post
    The story with it is total and utter Zeitgeist. Well not really. Few months ago I connected with I Define who was posting here and we broke bread over an idea to work on something Sunz related. He had found this sample and sent it to 4th Disciple who didn't do anything with it. So i took a shot at it. We got some vocals together and that's the demo you hear. It sounds old, which was the intention. And I wanted to measure the feedback to it, assess things if you will.
    Being that you were the mastermind behind the Shaolin album, I don't think you need us telling you what's hot and what's not. You did it once before, so I'm sure you can do it again easily. Maybe you just wanted us to geek out and motivate you. Anyway treat this potential project as a "mini" Once Upon a Time in Shaolin, so it's not was overwhelming or demanding

-Diamond in the Rough- 3rdEyeVizion's Avatar

Where’s this from? Razah sounded great

@ Cilvaringz, yeah man, give us more. Good to know you're active again. Would love to hear a full project of this type of stuff. I'm sure most people here would.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenchild View Post
    Being that you were the mastermind behind the Shaolin album, I don't think you need us telling you what's hot and what's not. You did it once before, so I'm sure you can do it again easily. Maybe you just wanted us to geek out and motivate you. Anyway treat this potential project as a "mini" Once Upon a Time in Shaolin, so it's not was overwhelming or demanding
    I'm trying to figure out the financial incentives for it. As a father of two kids I don't have the creative freedom and liberties to just go and try things for fun as I did in my twenties. While I enjoy making this music and I have made a bunch already, I'm a provider in the end and if a project like this, which takes good time to make, will only generate a small amount of income, you have to make that calculation. The Sunz members will undoubtfully make that same calculation. Is spending this much time on music and away from your children worth this financial potential? Six years were definitely worth the OUATIS outcome. But I wasn't sure where Sunz of Man stood nowadays as a group or individually.

Their Spotify/YT numbers aren't great. The thread on The Coli and Reddit didn't go any further. We're at 200 something views on YouTube. The relevancy and appetite seems limited to a chosen few like us here on the Corp.

So yeah, not really promising. Maybe we can do a label where like we only produce 200 copies of each project, no digital release, hard copies only. It would be curated to be this type of music and you'd have to pre-order the album before the album goes into recording. But even then, it wouldn't make sense unless the cost is $100 or more. When you have to pay four people for participation + mixing + mastering + studios (since not everyone has home recording abilities) + design + manufacturing + shipping... well... you get the gist.
    Last edited by Cilvaringz; 07-15-2023 at 05:10 AM.

I'm trying to figure out the financial incentives for it. As a father of two kids I don't have the creative freedom and liberties to just go and try things for fun as I did in my twenties. While I enjoy making this music and I have made a bunch already, I'm a provider in the end and if a project like this, which takes good time to make, will only generate a small amount of income, you have to make that calculation. The Sunz members will undoubtfully make that same calculation. Is spending this much time on music and away from your children worth this financial potential? Six years were definitely worth the OUATIS outcome. But I wasn't sure where Sunz of Man stood nowadays as a group or individually.

Their Spotify/YT numbers aren't great. The thread of The Coli and Reddit didn't go any further. We're at 200 something views on YouTube. The relevancy and appetite seems limited to a chosen few like us here on the Corp.

So yeah, not really promising. Maybe we can do a label where like we only produce 200 copies of each project, no digital release, hard copies only. It would be curated to be this type of music and you'd have to pre-order the album before the album goes into recording. But even then, it wouldn't make sense unless the cost is $100 or more. When you have to pay four people for participation + mixing + mastering + studios (since not everyone has home recording abilities) + design + manufacturing + shipping... well... you get the gist.
    Makes sense. Has anybody posted it on IG yet? I'm asking because I saw True post a video of the Bugsy track he did with Deck. Loads of reactions of people that did not know about this track. This makes me think that there might be fans out there following, for example, Priest on IG, but are not actively searching. IG could be a way to reach them, and see how they would react.

(That Rebirth album was not promoted at all. Just dropped and people discovered it, or not.)

That being said, in the Netherlands there is a whole sub genre now of old school hip hop with Rafting Goods collective. Don't know if you heard about this? As far as I have heard, they are doing pretty well. As far as I can tell a lot of their fans consist of fathers too. People that were young in the 90's, but still like that sound, and now have money to spend. It also looks like a lot of these like to buy those vinyls, tapes, and what not, just for the collection. My idea is that there would be such a Sunz of Man fanbase out there, but you can't reach them via Reddit or The Corp. IG ads for a new IG account would be an idea for this. But that's just trying to reach these people to see how many there really are.

Limited edition of only 200 copies? Sounds good in my opinion. But the price would really be something. Maybe you could combine it with some kind of holy packaging so people would like to have on the strength of that too. Of course that eats a way at the profit. Just something simple like ex-votos. A wood panel print for example, which is hollowed out with the tape or cd in the back. (Writing it, it reminds me of the LE of Puur Kultuur by Duvelduvel.) Let's just say that if I trust the product is going to be good, and it gives something extra, I am willing to pay a 100 or more.
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

Peace CT

So in the end enjoy this track cuz that’s all we are getting. Peace

Probably easier to do a project with just one rapper, with a few features and lean on the Shaolin project for promo.

Its just about getting the right promo for things like this. A decent music video or two, a lot of interviews etc.

Any more instrumental projects on the way? What about a compilation like an OST, with some instrumental beats and a few Wu, KB feature songs.

Another recycled verse from Hell Razah, is this guy dead or alive. His last 30+ albums jave been nothing but this. To make it worse some of them are shitty mixes & they change the titles of the songs. Don't like this at all, who you fooling. Can we get a album with new verses?

Peace CT

So Razah has dealt with a brain aneurysm as well as cancer in recent years. He’s lucky to be alive. Peace

Now I understand. When it comes to money and family, I can't say anything, so you do what's best. As for the Sunz of Man, people on here are lying if they say there's a HUGE demand for the group. I like the group, especially Priest, but Wu corpers are just stroking your ego with that one.

I have no idea how much money a project like this would make for you. I just know Priest, Killa Sin and Shyheim are the most lyrical affiliates currently and most deserving of an album...but would it sell? No clue. Unless the Generals are also involved. I honestly thought money wasn't an issue for you, but now that you've explained it, I'll just say this is something you would want to do "for the love of art," because I doubt you'd make huge profits

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ganesh View Post
    Another recycled verse from Hell Razah, is this guy dead or alive. His last 30+ albums jave been nothing but this. To make it worse some of them are shitty mixes & they change the titles of the songs. Don't like this at all, who you fooling. Can we get a album with new verses?
    I think there was a point in time when Razah had a big folder of vocals he'd done through the years that he shared with any producer that hit him up. That's why there's such a horde of albums from him with different producers, almost every week. But yes, it's all from the same folder. I got the same folder too. Last time I spoke with Razah he sounded good and strong so I think he's capable of recording new stuff. He just gotta do it and like most of these brothers, it's all about timing I guess.