View Poll Results: Cappadonna: Killa Bee or 10th Clan member?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Killa Bee

1 7.14%
  • 10th Clan Member

13 92.86%

Thread: Cappadonna: Killa Bee or 10th Wu Tang member?

Default Cappadonna: Killa Bee or 10th Wu Tang member?

IMO, he's the 10th member. He's not essential because he's not a founding member but he's just as great and should be treated like a full member.

I'd go as far as saying he's one of the top 5 members lyrically and in terms of albums
    "Why are you looking hard with a hood on and Timberland boots, staring at me for one hour..? When you could walk up and shake my hand? Why?"

Kool Keith, "Intro" Black Elvis/Lost in Space

Peace CT

Yeah at this point he’s 10th member. Always on tour with them and not listed as feature on Clan albums. I’m not putting him top 5 but everyone has different lists. Peace

Veteran Member

After Forever (where he was a feature), he was a considered a general. No way he's just a Killa Bee

He was removed from Iron Flag, so I'm guessing he wasn't technically Wu/Clan at that point, but then hes back since 8 Diagrams.

Its interesting that he got the position over Priest, Streetlife, Sin, 60 Sec etc.

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

"In terms of albums." Must not have listened to anything after Pillage. Pilgrimage is actually pretty damn good..

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    He was removed from Iron Flag, so I'm guessing he wasn't technically Wu/Clan at that point, but then hes back since 8 Diagrams.

Its interesting that he got the position over Priest, Streetlife, Sin, 60 Sec etc.
    Cappadonna ran with main members before they were Wu Tang. Killah Priest was GZA's guy and he fell out with RZA very early on. Streetlife is purely Meth's guy. Cappadonna was probably the natural fit for "Forever" because of his contribution to "Iron Man". He's been credited as basically helping a few members develop as lyricists, especially Ghostface.
    "Why are you looking hard with a hood on and Timberland boots, staring at me for one hour..? When you could walk up and shake my hand? Why?"

Kool Keith, "Intro" Black Elvis/Lost in Space

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Seed View Post
    Cappadonna ran with main members before they were Wu Tang. Killah Priest was GZA's guy and he fell out with RZA very early on. Streetlife is purely Meth's guy. Cappadonna was probably the natural fit for "Forever" because of his contribution to "Iron Man". He's been credited as basically helping a few members develop as lyricists, especially Ghostface.
    I know all that, except what happened with Priest & RZA?

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    I know all that, except what happened with Priest & RZA?
    Wasn't that a money issue? Priest was charged a large sum for the small Wu symbol on the Heavy Mental cover. I remember he wasn't too happy about that. A lot of this was covered on here even I think back in 05 or something.

Cappa also had a falling out if I recall correctly around Iron Flag. If I am not mistaken, this was also to do with his manager being a fed or something else. That was why he was erased from the album. He ended up driving cabs after this.
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

10th member

He's on ABT booklet, he's on all tour dates. He's a member.
    A wise man knows his limitations.

泣きたくなるの

Shaolin Master

He's obviously a 10th member but I'm opposed to the elevation. I understand how vital he was to the foundation, but, to that degree, I'd rather Lounger got the spot despite him probably contributing less. Cappa had a collection of verses he'd been working on his whole life that he probably burned through OB4CL-Pillage and everything after has been largely forgettable.

nada ignorante

Its kinda fucked up the group never acknowledged Cappa as the 10th member officially. Just think for a minute what Ironman and Forever would be like without Cappadonna?
    N.I.

Quote Originally Posted by hotnikks View Post
    Its kinda fucked up the group never acknowledged Cappa as the 10th member officially. Just think for a minute what Ironman and Forever would be like without Cappadonna?
    Wasn't he acknowledged as an official 10th member on 8 Diagrams? Yeah, here.
    Cappadonna is an official member of Wu*-Tang Clan,” RZA says in an exclusive interview that premiered in the DX Daily yesterday (October 6). “He’s been an official member of Wu-Tang Clan since 8 Diagrams.”
    https://hiphopdx.com/news/id.30967/t...n-wu-tang-clan
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hotnikks View Post
    I had an issue of The Source 20+ years ago (about the time that the movie Hannibal was released) which did a feature interview with Cappadonna and he was acknowledged as the official 10th member of the clan back then and on The W he is no longer mentioned as a feature artist like he was on Forever
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.