Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RZA Presents Wu-Tang Killa Bees – The Swarm, Vol 1 (25th Anniversary)

Peace CT

Beggaz and Wu Syndicate track were my least 2 favorite on here. Peace

PRODIGAL SUN

Loved the swarm

honestly its one of the better wu releases.

i think wu coulda did better with the compilations like swarm, chrinicles, legendary/chambermusic are all cool in their own right.

I remember buying this project without knowing what it was. Never heard about this release in any magazine, the cover said Wu and "all new songs", the back had only titles and no artist. It was the peak of my Wu Mania so I bought it blindly.

I was disappointed at first because it was not what I expected and it was my first introduction to 90% of the artists, but overall the project was good and I still listen to it.

Quote Originally Posted by rzatrax View Post
    wasnt The Beggaz dat tapes lost by an a&r person who also lost the royal fam, darkim be allah , and shyheim unmixed albums. eventually royal fam , and shyheim got officially bootlegged in Europe.
    I guess that guy didn't make employee of the month

yeah royal fam was officially bootlegged (ha) in Europe, IDK about the other artists

back to the compilation, it has a lot of good tracks. I really enjoyed it when it dropped

Shaolin Master

This album is my personal favorite album of all time after Wu-forever. This album to me, always represented what the Wu-empire could have been. I was obsessed with the Wu as a kid. This album means so much to me. "Execute them" is peak Rza production for me. Every track is a banger. I did always feel like "Where was heaven" never really fit the rest of the sound of the album though. Damn. 25 years flies by yo lol.

I'm sure many people would say 'Where Was Heaven' is a major highlight.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    I'm sure many people would say 'Where Was Heaven' is a major highlight.
    That's my shit, i even have the 12" (Thug War on b-side btw)

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

This is a Top 5 Wu-Tang Killa Bee album. When I first heard it It took awhile to grow on me. Two weeks later I loved it.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Quote Originally Posted by rzatrax View Post
    wasnt The Beggaz dat tapes lost by an a&r person who also lost the royal fam, darkim be allah , and shyheim unmixed albums. eventually royal fam , and shyheim got officially bootlegged in Europe.
    I remember a topic about that on here not long ago. Should be the same. It is a shame about Manchild though, because that was a solid album in my opinion.
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

It's the best Wu issued comp imo.
    Retired.

Cobra Clutch is still one of the greatest tracks of all time imo. I still find it crazy that this album went gold in the 90's as a compilation with zero promotion, zero radio and really none of the videos were ever played. Any album in the 90s basically needed a whole marketing campaign behind it to reach gold status

Peace CT

Yeah album did kinda come out of nowhere. Nobody knew what it was when it dropped. Also, Sunz of Man album came out same day as this no? Peace

I added the 4:41 co defendant version and the 5:09 97 mentality version on my album
    It's better like that