Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Have we ever considered the fact that maybe.......

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Default Have we ever considered the fact that maybe.......

The Wu-Elements Fell off?! It amazes me at in 2023 how many people still yearn for a Wu Elements produced Wu-Tang, Solo or Killa Bee album. Have we placed them THAT high on a pedestal? Did Wu-Tang stop using them after the 00's because they wanted a new sound or their beats fell off? Most of these guys haven't dropped anything noteworthy in YEARS. Ya'll still living off the past in here. Please name me the last dope project by a Wu-Element Producer? OUATIS doesn't count. Are we just stuck in the past? I saw Cilvaringz post a demo he did for Sunz of Man. Shit was weak but ya'll fiend for any Wu-Element type beat so its gets a +8 point curve automatically in this forum. Please drop any recent Wu-Element Beats after 00 that sound great..I don't think you'll find any outside of the last Killarmy album and there were some solid cuts on "Freedom of Speech" but ya'll didn't like that. Deck's first album has Wu-Elements all over it and ya'll didn't like that either...Just curious.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Corny Nuh! Capitalizing Cilvaringz's Avatar

I've seen enough people shitting on Wu-element production without the +8 point curve. The True Master / Priest collabo album was one of them. Don't think people still glorify everything just because it's Wu-elements. There's plenty 'its aight' 'meh' and 'nothing special's' going around. That said, the Sunz track banged. You just got a different taste. What's your most favorite Wu and affiliated song?

fresh from the kitchen CL2coming's Avatar

This is just baiting. If you didn't like the Cilva / Sunz demo, then you just don't like the mid-90's Sunz sound.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    The Wu-Elements Fell off?! It amazes me at in 2023 how many people still yearn for a Wu Elements produced Wu-Tang, Solo or Killa Bee album. Have we placed them THAT high on a pedestal? Did Wu-Tang stop using them after the 00's because they wanted a new sound or their beats fell off? Most of these guys haven't dropped anything noteworthy in YEARS. Ya'll still living off the past in here. Please name me the last dope project by a Wu-Element Producer? OUATIS doesn't count. Are we just stuck in the past? I saw Cilvaringz post a demo he did for Sunz of Man. Shit was weak but ya'll fiend for any Wu-Element type beat so its gets a +8 point curve automatically in this forum. Please drop any recent Wu-Element Beats after 00 that sound great..I don't think you'll find any outside of the last Killarmy album and there were some solid cuts on "Freedom of Speech" but ya'll didn't like that. Deck's first album has Wu-Elements all over it and ya'll didn't like that either...Just curious.
    I think I remember (I might be wrong) from a previous discussion that you are not really into soulful Bronze beats because you feel they are repetitive while I like those beats a lot.

Did I get that right?

I love me some Bronze.

I respect your opinion btw.

Some of the guys Priest works with (on his rap albums not the sleepy time releases) bring the Wu Elements heat, sort of. Jordan River Banks and those guys. I realize this is not an actual answer to your question.

The output of some Wu Elements has been so limited lately that it is hard to judge their overall beat quality, at least to me.
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Cilvaringz View Post
    I've seen enough people shitting on Wu-element production without the +8 point curve. The True Master / Priest collabo album was one of them. Don't think people still glorify everything just because it's Wu-elements. There's plenty 'its aight' 'meh' and 'nothing special's' going around. That said, the Sunz track banged. You just got a different taste. What's your most favorite Wu and affiliated song?
    I liked the TruMas Priest collab.
    Retired.

Shaolin Master

Every album Bronze produced in the last 2 years and the Bugzy Da god album that dropped in November.

Peace CT

That Priest/True album was a bust. The Bugsy album proved Wu Elements can still bring it when called upon. Prior to that True and 4th haven’t had much recent material. Bronze actually came the weakest of the 3 on that album. We all know Hollow only likes Griselda and Roc. Hahhahahah. Peace

That Ringz produced Sunz joint was fire. Anyone saying different is a fag.

-Diamond in the Rough- 3rdEyeVizion's Avatar

I gotta say Bronze been killing it for as long as I can remember. Allah Math had some bangers too on ‘The Saga…” I am still yet to hear the Bugsy album in full, but it sounds like he had the formula

Quote Originally Posted by Kutman View Post
    You're a grown up now, learn how to deal with someone having a different opinion than yourself. I believe you're the only fag left on this site.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev Jones View Post
    I think I remember (I might be wrong) from a previous discussion that you are not really into soulful Bronze beats because you feel they are repetitive while I like those beats a lot.

Did I get that right?

I love me some Bronze.

I respect your opinion btw.

Some of the guys Priest works with (on his rap albums not the sleepy time releases) bring the Wu Elements heat, sort of. Jordan River Banks and those guys. I realize this is not an actual answer to your question.

The output of some Wu Elements has been so limited lately that it is hard to judge their overall beat quality, at least to me.
    You're correct. Not a huge fan of Bronze. His beats are boring to me but I will give credit where it's due. His second album "School for the Blindman" & Dom Pachino's "War Poetry" had some great beats on it. That's probably Dom Pachino's best album and Blindman being his best solo effort. By the way, this isn't some "Diss the Wu Elements" Topic I'm just trying to make a point if these guys were still brining that heat I think Wu would still be using them. They were used on the second wave of Wu solos when it wasn't Majority RZA production anymore outside of Raekwon's Immobalarity. But again, the second wave of Wu solos aren't regarded as great outside of this website for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutman View Post
    haha this guy

it comes down to what is your taste and opinion. here are 2 that have dope production that im feeling but again thats my taste and opinion.

The Orphans (4th Disciple, Kinetic 9, Shogun Assason & Lord Superb) - The Orphanage

https://kinetic9shogunassason.bandca...on-lord-superb

4th Disciple – The Algorythm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3Ge..._UbPuRaGYiL77v

Quote Originally Posted by rzatrax View Post
    it comes down to what is your taste and opinion. here are 2 that have dope production that im feeling but again thats my taste and opinion.

The Orphans (4th Disciple, Kinetic 9, Shogun Assason & Lord Superb) - The Orphanage

https://kinetic9shogunassason.bandca...on-lord-superb

4th Disciple – The Algorythm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3Ge..._UbPuRaGYiL77v
    Wasn't really feeling the Algorythm, but that Orphanage project had potential. Wish they took it more seriously.

Wu-Elements aren’t what they used to be but this post is mud slinging hate. The Cilva track is dope for what it is and corny-ass Dom Pachino was gifted with banging beats (War Poetry) that should’ve gone to a more talented MC…like Killa Sin. But I don’t care much about the Elements unless Cilva decides to make a project because he’s stuck in the ‘90s and that’s what I like, a dude stuck in the ‘90s