Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Have we ever considered the fact that maybe.......

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenchild View Post
    Wu-Elements aren’t what they used to be but this post is mud slinging hate. The Cilva track is dope for what it is and corny-ass Dom Pachino was gifted with banging beats (War Poetry) that should’ve gone to a more talented MC…like Killa Sin. But I don’t care much about the Elements unless Cilva decides to make a project because he’s stuck in the ‘90s and that’s what I like, a dude stuck in the ‘90s
    Ain't nobody hating. This is a legit question. We barely hear from these guys anymore but people just think if they fully produce "Insert Clan/Killa Bee name Here" next project it'll be an automatic classic. Why aren't people outside of Wu-Tang hitting them up for beats like that? We're just stuck in the past here.

Quote Originally Posted by CL2coming View Post
    This is just baiting. If you didn't like the Cilva / Sunz demo, then you just don't like the mid-90's Sunz sound.
    Mid 90's Sunz sounds nothing like this. But I see you gave the beat an 8 point curve.

Quote Originally Posted by Cilvaringz View Post
    That said, the Sunz track banged. You just got a different taste. What's your most favorite Wu and affiliated song?
    That's a tough question to answer. But it'll definitely be something that was recorded between 93'-02'. I love "Concrete Jungle" as far as top Killa Bee tracks that's for sure in the top 5.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Wu-Veteran

The Algorythym was dope

PRODIGAL SUN

The sunz track is a demo… unfinished. As it is, maybe it “meh” ish, but it has upside to it for sure. Ringz has a pretty good record at those type of songs.

i still think true master is dope. He doesn't use samples anymore because of the money issues, so im not mad at his new style. The priest collab had a few beats I really liked, and his recent work with cappadonna is cool.

as for why wu abandoned them, its cause they signed through rza. Besides the brooklyn side (rza gza mk), true only got 2 beats on wu albums since 2004; biscuits and fat lady sings from ptone and cl2.

thats when the more popular clan were working with bigger producers over the OG wu sound. Imo it was too early.

for example @rzatrax and myself made tical 0 remixes with wu element beats from the era it was made. beats like youll never know (black rob prod by true master), take ya time (4th beats on freedom of speech), maths beats from love hell right/the problem, bronze nazareths ringing bells (from afu ras album ft mkilla).

then add the rza tracks and you got a perfect wu album.

as for today, wu elements aint the only ones who missing a step. We now 30 years in, id be happy to get ONE GREAT SONG, per album. The raps are down for the most part, as are the beats.

but even abt, the return of 4th disciple was welcome and he had 2 best beats on there (rzas meddling on miracle aside).

bronze i barely consider wu elements. He works with them, but not often; usually the collabs come from the nature sounds/dresdy krueger connection to the brooklyn side; tho butter knives by rae is classic.

math is the most generic of the crew and 4th is getting that way too. Not that maths beats are bad, theyre not. But they dont have their own sound like rza/true. Sometimes he sounds like other east coast producers like premier. His latest song “claudine” sounds dope tho. Good beat and song iversll.

true still has his style you can identify, samples or not.

but i dont wanna hesr wu over anything bit “wu esque” beats. Cuban linx 2 showed me that could be done in full with other producers besides the elements; but usually it doesnt work for me. Theres just something off that i cant put into words.

itd be nice to get them producing full albums again but its been 30 years brehs.

be happy with what you get
    Last edited by ForensikZ; 08-02-2023 at 05:29 PM.

Veteran Member

Not much to add here...

Any recent Bronze-relared project has had fantastic production IMO. He's definitely the strongest and most active of any of them currently.

I fuck with The Algorythm... Definitely exceeded my expectations, even though some of the beats didn't sound like typical 4th work

The Clash of the Superpowers LP FAR exceeded my expectations. The beats on there are FIRE... There are only like two skips on there for me. A Wu Elements project that sounds like this is in the 2020's would be more than welcome by me

Quote Originally Posted by ForensikZ View Post
    as for why wu abandoned them, its cause they signed through rza. Besides the brooklyn side (rza gza mk), true only got 2 beats on wu albums since 2004; biscuits and fat lady sings from ptone and cl2.
    I'm not buying this. If their beats were still good I'm sure the clan would still be using them. Killa Beez aren't even hitting them up for beats until recently.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Shaolin Master

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    I'm not buying this. If their beats were still good I'm sure the clan would still be using them. Killa Beez aren't even hitting them up for beats until recently.
    This line of thinking makes no sense when we already have the past example that during the Wu solos post-Forever the core members largely sought outside production while the Elements were producing the bulk of instrumental classics for Wu-Affiliates.

Is it known whether Deck still makes beats privately?

Quote Originally Posted by Buddah_MAC View Post
    This line of thinking makes no sense when we already have the past example that during the Wu solos post-Forever the core members largely sought outside production while the Elements were producing the bulk of instrumental classics for Wu-Affiliates.
    Tical 2000, Uncontrolled Substance, Beneath the Surface, Supreme Clientele have Wu-Elements all on it. More than Half the songs on these albums have Wu elements on them.

Banned

It's been a long time since I listened to The Saga Continues but I liked the beats on that album, a little slow but had that dark mood with soul samples and hard drums and that was produced by Mathematics right?

Wu was so successful in the time between 36 Chambers and Forever that they'll always be associated with a certain sound and attempts from the Clan as a group and individuals to branch out in to different sounds haven't been too successful which creates the longing for the "golden era" from the die hard fans.

You have to remember that the people left on this website are the die hards so it'll always skew in favour of wanting to hear more Wu Fam and hear that classic Wu sound over the Clan reinventing and trying new sounds and let's be honest they haven't done a good job of choosing non-RZA production although Inspectah Deck has killed it with 7L & Esoteric and Ghost has had dope projects over the years with other producers.
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

You might have a point. If I take the collaboration between Killah Priest and True Master as an example, had to look up the title, Divine Intervention. Now if I take that as an example, I'd have to say I was disappointed. And I tried to like it. Could be that KP doing his tea thing was not helping. But it just sounded plastic and hollow, and needed to be fleshed out. Same can be said for his solo outing, Master Craftsman. Though I did enjoy that one a bit more.

I actually forgot about The Algorythm. That album did sounded better, but it was not remarkable to me. It was not bad or anything, and sounded pretty good. Just was not blown away. Orphanage had potential, a shame they way that was leaked and bootlegged by Shaka and his BSOM. But that was all created over 20 years ago.

For Mathematics we could look at The Saga Continues. Already 5 years old. Production is good. Again, is it an authentic Wu sound? Is it something that makes you saw WHOA! Nope.

Interestingly enough, Remedy went all out to emulate that Wu sound on his last album. And Bugsy actually got the sound. But are people still talking about either album?
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

^ Nope. Both albums came and went. And all of these albums people are saying they liked...thats cool no issue with that. But were any of them REALLY GOOD? Like I said since 02 (Which I consider the real fall off of the Wu) these guys haven't been dropping anything. We're in this thread naming about 4-5 albums that we like over a 21 year span...Like I said, a lot of people have that sound burnt into their heads but it's just nostalgia. The closest thing we have to answer this question is the OUATIS but we'll never know if that was any good. Like I stated, Wu used the elements for their second albums. They stopped using them around 01'-02' completely. There has to be a reason.

Peace CT

All music comes and goes at this point. That’s how sh!t is today unfortunately. As much as I hated Ringz single copy idea, one of his arguments that I agreed with his how even if u make a classic album now a days, nobody cares about it 3 months from now. Peace

Shaolin Master

Hollow Dartz- "Tical 2000, Uncontrolled Substance, Beneath the Surface, Supreme Clientele have Wu-Elements all on it. More than Half the songs on these albums have Wu elements on them."

and Rae & Dirt's 2nd & U-God's debut are very light on in-house production & Blackout only got 1/4th Wu production. Also, the other half of BTS is Arabian Knight/Q-Base & John the Baptist who, while Wu adjacent, weren't Wu-Elements and BTS & SC have no True or 4th who are giving Sunz, KP, Killarmy, La & pre-10th member Cappa albums of great beats at the same time. So, again, I don't buy "fell off" as the reason when the generals were sleeping on heat back then. That's not saying they're on the same level now (who is?) but it's more likely they're not even checking for what they have b/c there's no more house to be in house for.
    Last edited by Buddah_MAC; 08-16-2023 at 11:16 PM. Reason: forum still buggy & not posting quotes

Shaolin Master

Hollow Dartz- "They stopped using them around 01'-02' completely. There has to be a reason."

The Clan walked from their Wu-Tang Productions contracts so using Wu-Elements production was no longer in house. Meth said something about True taking shoes during T2 sessions and hasn't worked with him since outside group albums/tracks plus he was locked up w/ those false charges for a minute. 4th stays mostly in Ohio so who knows what beats are getting to Clan members to check. Math is still actively the touring DJ for Wu and solo members (mostly Meth) and, no surprise, he gets the most beats placed in recent times because he's just around the Clan the most often. Etc...

It's a baseless assumption to think the reason they're not being utilized because of bad quality when the production of solo projects without the Elements has been so inconsistent, and much of what we've heard the Elements drop in recent years on stray projects fit in that same range of inconsistency so, getting some 4th, True and Math beats (whether they're good, meh or bad) would fit in with the music they're making anyway. Understand how quality isn't the issue in their utilization?

//This was written as direct reply to Hollow//

Exactly, the albums came and went. Have to say, the Remedy one sounded emulated beatwise. The Bugsy one sounded more authentic. But I can not really recall any of the track names. Like it was banging, but it did not stand completely apart. Like for example Stroke Of Death. Now I am left wondering why? Could it be because a cohesive vision for the albums was lacking? So we are just left with a collection of tracks. And has this been the case often?

The last 21 years have been very interesting though. From the advent of MP3's, and everybody being able to download the music. To the easy recording and production on computers. To the home producers sending beats like, or rather type beats. And also the advent of easy distribution of music with streaming and passive discovery. But yeah, what do we recall from those 20 years as crazy remarkable productions? Mind you, I am also not saying good production. I am saying remarkable. Goosebumps, wall punching, bust stop destroying crazy heat. Because, I really can't.

Also, can we stop with the part 2's? Noticed Killarmy has almost a whole slew of sequel tracks. Flip something new.

In regard to OUATIS. I hope there is a chance we can all listen to it once. Because from what I have heard, that shit was banging.
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997