Thread: Did RZA bite from MF DOOM?

Default Did RZA bite from MF DOOM?

In this song by former friend/enemy of MF DOOM, MF GRIMM claims that DOOM used to think RZA bit the song "Tick, Tick" from Operation DOOMSDAY.....what song could he be talking about?

The Genius annotation says its referring to Brooklyn Babies because of how the tempo changes just like Tick Tick, but to say this is a bite, is a bit of a stretch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clmMRfbH8Nw

[Verse 4: MF Grimm]
    Doing songs with RZA? That’s funny shit
    I remember you told me that he bit “Tick, Tick...”
    You said Ghost was wack, you didn’t like his style
    Two-faced and three-headed, bitch, I’ll pull your file
    New food poisoning, you Vomit for a while
    You started some shit, now you’re sitting on a pile
    Metal Fake, tin foil, walk the Green Mile
    Just let it ride right now
    It's the god, god.

Grimm has been known to be petty and confrontational, which I think is weird for a guy in a wheelchair.

RZA might have got the idea for a slowing down speeding up beat from Doom, its a clever use of Glass Onion. But you can't copyright a musical idea like that.

yeah it's riduclous, which is why i though GRIMM couldn't have been referencing brooklyn babies.
    It's the god, god.

Wu-Veteran

The irony. This song uses the sample or riff from "Pass The Bone" Genius Feat Prince Rakeem

Shaolin Master

By that token then, MF DOOM "bit" Wu-Tang's whole concept period. The whole mask persona, stylistic musings, alter-egos etc... is all Ghost and Wu in general. There would be no DOOM without Wu.

Shaolin Master

By that token then, MF DOOM "bit" Wu-Tang's whole concept period. The whole mask persona, stylistic musings, alter-egos etc... is all Ghost and Wu in general. There would be no DOOM without Wu.
    Grimm is reaching.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrandir View Post
    Grimm is reaching.

PRODIGAL SUN

I dont think grimm is lying

i would bet doom was jaded after his kmd stuff, seeing wu come thru with the whole style they did

but he was def influenced by wu. Benn grimm (his manager) said they bought the pillage 4x cause it inspired him so much he went for it solo wise

a lot of dooms stylistic choices that he gets credit for (hookless songs, one verse songs, short songs, signed to multi labels and being in multi groups) came from wu

never mind doom telling ghost to his face he got his whole style from him as far as the mask, and the comic/cartoon references, etc

i dont think rza bit doom. Rza did a lot of odd things with beats noone ever did before (ie. Drumless, live scratching, beat switches, etc), slowing down and speeding up a beat is one of the more obvious things one could do as a producer as i tried it myself.

rza also releqsed bobby digital before operation doomsday.

they both started at the same time and have similar influences. Rza blew up and made money and doom didnt and it took years to get to that point. I wouodnt be suprised if he was professionally jealous of how things turned out.

doom is a legend. So is rza. Both to me are top 3 complete artists in the game (rza, ye, doom). Their collab is a classic , they are now seen as contemporaries. It all worked out in the end and i dont think any of it was “serious” at all.

Banned

MF Doom gets a lot of dick riders these days after he died but he was a known liar who ripped people off for money and a lot of what Grimm says in the Book of Daniel is factual with evidence so it wouldn't surprise me if Doom thinks RZA bit his style and that he thought Ghost was wack
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Some of you didn't read or hear the lyric properly. Grimm did not say Rza bit Doom. Grimm said Doom told him he thought Rza bit him (Doom).

I would say without a doubt it's true, because why in the fuck would you bother making that up, or even think of doing so? It's not like a groundbreaking accusation. It's just like lol, I remember you told me that guy bit you, and now you're working with him.

Not a big deal on any level. And like others said, borrowing the idea of changing tempo is sure as fuck not biting. Also Doom would sure as fuck not have been the first to do it. Also, I actually really doubt that was where Rza got the idea from. Anybody who is half creative and makes music will naturally think of the idea of changing tempo.

Corny Nuh! Capitalizing Cilvaringz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by noel411 View Post
    Some of you didn't read or hear the lyric properly. Grimm did not say Rza bit Doom. Grimm said Doom told him he thought Rza bit him (Doom).

I would say without a doubt it's true, because why in the fuck would you bother making that up, or even think of doing so? It's not like a groundbreaking accusation. It's just like lol, I remember you told me that guy bit you, and now you're working with him.

Not a big deal on any level. And like others said, borrowing the idea of changing tempo is sure as fuck not biting. Also Doom would sure as fuck not have been the first to do it. Also, I actually really doubt that was where Rza got the idea from. Anybody who is half creative and makes music will naturally think of the idea of changing tempo.
    ​Did he? TEST

Eastern village

Quote Originally Posted by Cilvaringz View Post
    ​Did he? TEST
    Seems to be showing posts now.