Thread: What is up with the YouTube algorithm?

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Default What is up with the YouTube algorithm?

My niece is watching some kid's video on YouTube and she got a Michelob Ultra commercial.. Kids do not drink beer. Are they intentionally trying to screw up kids. People already complain about the blatant queer propaganda being pushed in all of the media they enjoy, such as cartoons, video games, books and movies..

the answer is yes. this generation's kids are the next consumers. Companies know this and their only goal is capital gains and garnering as many eyes and ears as possible. Morality doesn't build the empire. Nobody cares about anything.

I can't even imagine navigating how to raise a kid in this era. You'd almost have to deny video and social media outlets until they're an adult which would probably be like sending your kid to school without shoes 20 years ago.

Good parents should have no problem. Anyway the younger generations suck, so I don’t even care if they get corrupted. I’d be more worried about your dumb ass kids turning into incel mass shooters

Terry Cloth Rudolph Joint Sky Blue Bally Kid's Avatar

Main youtube is kinda a free for all right now, and is allowing all kinda snake oil ads and randomness. Not sure how old you niece is but consider Youtube Kids.

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Blue Bally Kid View Post
    Main youtube is kinda a free for all right now, and is allowing all kinda snake oil ads and randomness. Not sure how old you niece is but consider Youtube Kids.
    I have an ad blocker on my PC and phone. I wish there was a way to install an ad blocker on a TV.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

Eastern village

Otherwise you got youtube kids where they cut all adult content and have no ads.

Terry Cloth Rudolph Joint Sky Blue Bally Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    I have an ad blocker on my PC and phone. I wish there was a way to install an ad blocker on a TV.
    If you watch quite a bit of YouTube consider YT Premium? It's around $14 a month I believe. I'm considering it as it's about the only platform I use these days.

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -

Banned

Definitely get yourself an adblocker and you can get them on your phones and tablets too it's been mandatory to have one for a long time because of all the invasive ads and trackers and shit websites have now.

There's a browser called Brave that I sometimes use that has inbuilt adblockers and anti-tracking stuff in them which is good
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

This time I was watching my nephew play Spider Man II on PlayStation V and he went to YouTube to look up some walkthroughs and he got a commercial for Cabenuva, which is a H.I.V. prevention medication. How does the algorithm figure, "Hey, this person is looking up video games guides on YouTube, you know what would appeal to him?, some anti H.I.V. medication." Although I did read in a review somewhere online that there is supposedly lgbtqiacpk2 material in the game, what I have seen so far of him playing it, I have not noticed it.. There was mad simping by Peter Parker/Spider Man though during that boss battle with Mary Jane Watson/Scream. Seemed more like couples therapy than a boss fight. Game seems really easy though, he copped it on release day and he just beat it a few hours ago.. Had a lot of cut scenes also. I hate that, I play games for game play, not movies, that is what my d.v.d. player is for. Game is good though and the graphics almost look like real life.
    Lots of people seem to complain about the maps not being completely accurate and the exclusion of Bronx and Staten Island, but perhaps those will make the next installment.

YT is wild sometimes, and it looks like they are constantly working on the algorithm with significant changes. Sometimes you watch one video, and suddenly everything is by the same creator or same subject. Besides that I also heard they are using a different algorithm for people with a free account. When you do not pay, you get served more click bait material. When you do pay, you get more quality content suggested.
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997