Thread: Pop the brown hornet cut from 36 chambers? Track called run ya garments

PRODIGAL SUN

Default Pop the brown hornet cut from 36 chambers? Track called run ya garments

A few months ago rza auctioned off some old material that showed that a track called run ya garments was cut from 36

well i just watched a pop the brown hornet interview where he said he was on that song. That rza offered him a spot in the clan, for 5% lmao. I understand why he didnt take it but damn.

just thought if share the info if anyone knew anything about this track. Apprently it was recorded.

Shaolin Master

All of GP shouted out on 36. Down with the Clan from jump. The split happened afterwards when they didn't want to take a backseat as the core clan was pushed and moved on their own. Plus they were tighter with Shy who was signed even before Wu so they were riding that and, not knocking that, but even Shy came back further in the fold later. All good, their choice, but them being lesser than the roles than even Sunz & Army ended up with is 100% on them.

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by Buddah_MAC View Post
    All of GP shouted out on 36. Down with the Clan from jump. The split happened afterwards when they didn't want to take a backseat as the core clan was pushed and moved on their own. Plus they were tighter with Shy who was signed even before Wu so they were riding that and, not knocking that, but even Shy came back further in the fold later. All good, their choice, but them being lesser than the roles than even Sunz & Army ended up with is 100% on them.
    in that interview he says that they told shyheim he cant come rou d no more if he bring pop

cause pop “beat up 60 sec assassin” and odb and brooklyn zu fought with him over it.

and yea says he was down since beginning til like 93/94/95ish

also said rns was a work for hire. That he never considered himself under him or vice versa. Wish rns did more. Last track i remember he did was on pops album and ruthless bastards single.

pop worked with meth in 2004 and dissed them the sqme year which is weird

says hes still banned from wu functions.

and lol bro i was just reading archive of howsers forum for old wu news nostalgia, you and ringz still doing it goddamn. I was a cpl years after yall but yall been putting in online wu work for 25 years. Salute.

Shaolin Master

Quote Originally Posted by ForensikZ View Post
    in that interview he says that they told shyheim he cant come rou d no more if he bring pop

cause pop “beat up 60 sec assassin” and odb and brooklyn zu fought with him over it.

and yea says he was down since beginning til like 93/94/95ish

also said rns was a work for hire. That he never considered himself under him or vice versa. Wish rns did more. Last track i remember he did was on pops album and ruthless bastards single.

pop worked with meth in 2004 and dissed them the sqme year which is weird

says hes still banned from wu functions.

and lol bro i was just reading archive of howsers forum for old wu news nostalgia, you and ringz still doing it goddamn. I was a cpl years after yall but yall been putting in online wu work for 25 years. Salute.
    For pop's comments, remember that's decades later through his prism. Not knocking his perspective but just reminding that's his perspective.

Appreciate the salute and flip that into an all out howser shout out. Everyone on this forum as it exists both currently and as an archive of information owes it to howser and others for setting the template. Shouts to howser specifically b/c I don't think this space exists without him, 1 million strong, germs, & more for what they were doing at the time. We were supposed to unite as a collective akin to the aka.coms of the time as Wu fan sites repping the official Wu website all together as a collective but Loud's folding crushed that concept despite them even registering the domain.

Everything fell apart after that including most of those individual sites folding as the innernets changed, but I will forever promote Howser, Martin and all the others who it's been too long to recall off top, but, if they're still out there, I'll co-sign without question. They held Wu information down when it was a scramble and trying to piece together puzzles as opposed to today when artist have their own space to articulate. They kept the Wu mythos & news churning even as the output dropped from constant classic to mostly good.

Will always love and respect those dudes...

I remember Buddah from that era too.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage Wu View Post
    I remember Buddah from that era too.
    I was Maximizer on SeanD’s TheDSC and ran my own Wu loop download site https://Wu-tang9876.net (it’s on waybackmachine) I made in 1996 when I was about 12. I just turned 40 lol

Older gods over here. I finally saw the clan in its entirety two weeks ago in Vegas after all this time

MGM was sold out and they performed that track! I’m beyond proud of the clan for selling out arenas at this stage. Peace all

Quote Originally Posted by JZA/Jordon View Post
    I was Maximizer on SeanD’s TheDSC and ran my own Wu loop download site https://Wu-tang9876.net (it’s on waybackmachine) I made in 1996 when I was about 12. I just turned 40 lol

Older gods over here. I finally saw the clan in its entirety two weeks ago in Vegas after all this time

MGM was sold out and they performed that track! I’m beyond proud of the clan for selling out arenas at this stage. Peace all

Damn bro! I'm blessed to share this forum with old heads like you! Big up! Wu is truly the Beatles of hip-hop

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)

​Thanks for sharing the video.

And damn. That's a lot of history right there with everyone here. I only know DSC. What was Howsers if I may ask?
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Set View Post
    ​Thanks for sharing the video.

And damn. That's a lot of history right there with everyone here. I only know DSC. What was Howsers if I may ask?
    it was like a news site that kept us updated on mag aryicles, radio interviews, etc etc. lots of lil information on the 98/99 releases.

check for yaself. This one had the link at the bottom of all the months

https://web.archive.org/web/19991003...51.181/wu-fam/

PRODIGAL SUN

Double

it was like a news site that kept us updated on mag aryicles, radio interviews, etc etc. lots of lil information on the 98/99 releases.

check for yaself. This one had the link at the bottom of all the months

https://web.archive.org/web/19991003...51.181/wu-fam/
    Damn, thanks. Never knew about that site. Insane btw. In the link that you shared I see some track titles that were not on Manchild, Deck is talking about a film called Uncontrolled, there is talk about a rapper named Black Widow for whom RZA produced a track and is featured on, with an album slated for Def Jam release.
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

Sorry for the bump but according to this early tracklist "Run Ya Garments" is actually "16th Chamber": https://www.sothebys.com/en/buy/auct...a-wu-tang-clan
    Maybe there's an unreleased version of that with Pop?