Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Killarmy - Winter wars 2 feat Killah Priest, La the Darkman, Cappadonna..

Default New Killarmy - Winter wars 2 feat Killah Priest, La the Darkman, Cappadonna..

PRODIGAL SUN

This is very good. Priest drops a bomb and 9th makes a good beat.

Peace CT

I haven’t even listened yet but first thing that came to mind was where the hell did this come from. Peace

Veteran Member

I was in the fence at first (ie I couldn't tell if the beat annoyed me or was hard AF). After listening like 5 times I can say I f with it. Cappadonna, Priest and LA kill it. There are some things that annoy me a bit about it though

-Diamond in the Rough- 3rdEyeVizion's Avatar

Killa Beeezzzz!! Shit goes hard.. 9th should make a new killa beez album for real

Peace CT

My only beef with track is if gonna call it WW2 then u gotta have Cappa go last. Peace

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by josborne3680 View Post
    My only beef with track is if gonna call it WW2 then u gotta have Cappa go last. Peace
    Since you started it, lol:

-it should be winter warZ
    -agree, 9th goes last....in addition, the beat switches up on his verse specifically like his verse is special...this bothers me for some reason
    -9th + Islord is enough to call the don't single a Killarmy track?
    -it's a bit of a motley crew of emcees...I'm not sure YDB fits in. However, hearing Cap, Shy, LA and Priest together was dope
    -Islord is still fucking garbage

A few small changes would make this a banger...but like I said I f with it for what it is ..probably won't revisit it too much though

Peace CT

Yeah it’s not perfect. But I give credit to 9th for always putting in the effort at least. When’s last time we had a Wu posse track? Agreed on YDB being out of place. Replace him with Timbo. And 2 members of Killarmy is lot these days. That last album was basically 9th and Friends but I still enjoyed it. Peace

fresh from the kitchen CL2coming's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by josborne3680 View Post
    Yeah it’s not perfect. But I give credit to 9th for always putting in the effort at least. When’s last time we had a Wu posse track? Agreed on YDB being out of place. Replace him with Timbo. And 2 members of Killarmy is lot these days. That last album was basically 9th and Friends but I still enjoyed it. Peace
    Agreed. That last “Killarmy” album was just a 9th album. Even if he just labelled it “Killarmy presents 9th Prince” like he did on Grandaddy Flow, would’ve made more sense. Same goes for what P Sunn tried to do with the last SoM album.

Quote Originally Posted by CL2coming View Post
    Agreed. That last “Killarmy” album was just a 9th album. Even if he just labelled it “Killarmy presents 9th Prince” like he did on Grandaddy Flow, would’ve made more sense. Same goes for what P Sunn tried to do with the last SoM album.
    There was this situation in the UK where you had this collective of young ones come up as Section Boyz. Turned out one of them registered the name, and left the collective. They had to rebrand as Smoke Boys. (Didn't Cam do the same when he was beefing with Jim?) Point being, there is more strength in the Killarmy brand than in the 9th Prince brand. Labelling it like Killarmy presents 9th would be better, and more transparent to the customer/listeners. M80 did the same for the 60 Second album.

Wait, are you talking about the Rebirth? Or that Saviorz Day?

Noticed on IG that 9th is recording a video for this track. Which is a perfect excuse for me to post this December version of Red Dawn here:

http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

lord islord!!!!

the best wu affiliate ever. a true legend

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Set View Post
    There was this situation in the UK where you had this collective of young ones come up as Section Boyz. Turned out one of them registered the name, and left the collective. They had to rebrand as Smoke Boys. (Didn't Cam do the same when he was beefing with Jim?) Point being, there is more strength in the Killarmy brand than in the 9th Prince brand. Labelling it like Killarmy presents 9th would be better, and more transparent to the customer/listeners. M80 did the same for the 60 Second album.

Wait, are you talking about the Rebirth? Or that Saviorz Day?

Noticed on IG that 9th is recording a video for this track. Which is a perfect excuse for me to post this December version of Red Dawn here:

He talking about Rebirth, although Prodigal Sunn was executive producer on Saviorz Day and was mainly responsible for putting that together

Quote Originally Posted by David Daniel Davis View Post
    He talking about Rebirth, although Prodigal Sunn was executive producer on Saviorz Day and was mainly responsible for putting that together
    A'ight, thanks for clearing that one up. Have to say, that Rebirth album came out of nowhere and I just so happened to stumble upon it. Could not find any documentation on it, and was almost left wondering if it was actually authentic.
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

Good lyrics by those involved but the beat is the real winner here. This is a brilliant beat