Thread: Wu-Tang Action RPG in the works

Default Wu-Tang Action RPG in the works

https://insider-gaming.com/wu-tang-c...oject-shaolin/

More details got leaked. I remember rumors about this one were posted here a while ago.

thanks
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

The article gives a bit of hints of what the game is going to be like. But I'd really like to see what it is going to look like. Sounds like the music and combat gameplay is interesting though. Throwback to Rez and Space Channel.
    It’s understood that the game features a massive catalog of the Wu-Tang Clan’s music, most of which has been re-imagined by producer and DJ Just Blaze for the game.
    What does re-imagined even mean? I trust Just Blaze, but are we getting the music or a re-imagined version?
    The Wu-Tang Clan’s involvement goes beyond just their music, too, as all nine Wu-Tang Clan members are also playable and act as the player’s limited-time buff that will give you ultimate moves, increased health, and more.
    This does not explain a lot more about there actual involvement. For example, is Ghost hands-on demanding an eagle again like with the Def Jam game. Are they actually doing vocals?
    If it is in the Alpha Stage at this point, the release will be at least a year away. Lion Brass has also been steadily for people. Which makes me think that they still have some work to do.

I'll be honest, this doesn't sound like a very exciting video game to me - regular live service/battle pass/co-op/every color of the rainbow rarity of loot/etc. type of game. I bet it will be released on Game Pass day one and will be "dead" in a week. I will check it out once it's out obviously, but i'm not holding my breath for it.

Best thing we might get out of this is some new music. Hopefully.

True. The description so far has been full of bland industry terms: action rpg melee combat weapons loot gear social. It is like watching one of those 2014 E3 announcements where they all fucked up with a focus on social things and always online. While forgetting that the game itself matters. Sony scored big later with the story and getting people into it like that. At the alpha stage, that is what is missing. What is the selling point? Besides the Wu stamp? Because this could just be skin job. Otherwise you could have just added the characters as DLC to some other game.

The style also does not sound unique, but it will probably feature black and yellow. right. hahah

Terry Cloth Rudolph Joint Sky Blue Bally Kid's Avatar

I'm not expecting this to ever release but hearing some Just Blaze reworkings of Wu songs would be nice

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -

I figured a Wu Tang game would either be a fighting game like Mortal Kombat or a first person shooter like that 50 Cent game

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

It sounds like it is going to be something like Power Stone or X Men Legends

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by David Daniel Davis View Post
    It sounds like it is going to be something like Power Stone or X Men Legends
    Thats be cool cause xmen legends 1-2 marvel ultimate alliance 1-3 are fun as hell.