Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wounded Knee Massacre

Dinosaur Hunter Slippy The Pimp's Avatar

Default Wounded Knee Massacre

December 29, 1890 estimated over 300 men, women, and children were massacred at Wounded Knee, South Dakota, on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation. The calvary was disarming the natives that came to pine ridge to surrender. One gun shot was fired off. It is unclear who fired the first shot, but a massacre insued.......the U.S. soldiers killed everyone they could--women carrying babies, children, elderly, and unarmed men.

The soldiers had been drinking, interrogating the indians, asking who among them was in the Battle of Little Big Horn. It's siad that the soldiers wanted revenge for the loss that battle and the death General Custer. There are accounts that the soldiers chased the indians shouting "remember the battle of little big horn". The soldiers chased the fleeing natives up to 5 miles away in ravines where they shot them. There are accounts where soldiers would call out to the young native boys to come out of their hiding places and they wouldn't be killed, and those who came out were surrounded and butchered. Other accounts of women running with their babies strapped to their backs, and soldiers shooting through the babies to kill the women. There is one account where a woman was killed holding her baby, and the baby was nursing on his dead mother when the body was found.

New years day 1891-
    After the massacre, there was a blizzard, soldiers returned after the blizzard to bury the frozen bodies dug from deep snow. Natives that didn't die from the gunfire, froze to death in the snow.

The mass grave at wounded knee holds about 150 bodies. Less then half of the bodies slain that day.

Hotchkiss Cannons positioned for Cross fire, and 500 well-armed Calvary men surrounded the camp.
    The official reports says the natives were wild and crazy, killing each other in the cross fire. The soldiers of the 7th calvary were given Congressional Medals of Honor.
    Last edited by Slippy The Pimp; 12-24-2009 at 11:59 AM.

The arches before the mass grave, often depicted in movies.

The grave of over a 100 slain where my ancestors are buried but never rested. I took these pictures yesterday.

Originally labled "Battle of Wounded Knee." The green sign rests where native merchants sell their crafts and bead work to White tourists as a source of income.
    Last edited by Slippy The Pimp; 12-24-2009 at 12:07 PM.

The tombstone for the mass grave.

Each side of the stone has a list of names of those that were buried in the mass grave.

Of the estimated 350 natives that died that day, 25 calvary soldiers were killed mostly from the cross fire of their own bullets.
    Last edited by Slippy The Pimp; 12-24-2009 at 12:13 PM.

Area surrounding the mass grave site............

This is just some of the area soldiers chased the natives through.

Ground Zero...............

These pictures were all taken within a mile of the massacre site. This is where my people were killed.
    Last edited by Slippy The Pimp; 03-06-2006 at 12:18 PM.

Veteran Member

Those some wicked people that committed these crimes against humanity. Where was so-called Democracy then? Forget Saddam. Put all past and current Presidents of the US on trial. Superb post Soldier.

The universe is full of knowledge. Everything in the universe is truth. There is nothing false that God created, and as long as you live, if you live to be 1,000, you could never exhaust the knowledge that is in this universe.

Peace, Charging Soldier
    Those pictures gave me chills...I don't think the people who are capable of this kinda killing would ever turn around and say - oh sorry let me treat you fairly now.

Naw, they still get what they want by the worst means available.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqueous Moon
    Peace, Charging Soldier
    Those pictures gave me chills...I don't think the people who are capable of this kinda killing would ever turn around and say - oh sorry let me treat you fairly now.

Naw, they still get what they want by the worst means available.
    Just to rub it in, they carve their faces into the hills where the Lakota came from.........................

Shittin on E-Gangstas WuTangWarrior's Avatar

its wierd thinking that a gunshot caused this

Quote Originally Posted by WuTangWarrior
    its wierd thinking that a gunshot caused this
    A gun shot.............not really. They were drunk and I think they were just looking for an exscuse. The battle of little big horn was a major ego blow to america because the Indians captured the american flag and killed one of their Generals, and america had to admit defeat in that battle. They tried calling a truce for a bit with treaties, the reservations were supposed to be safe zones. Plus the cannons they set up were like Gatlings with exploding shells. They wanted to use them on live targets.

Newspaper editoriolz by L. Frank Baum(the book writer of the wizard of OZ), suggesting the genocide of indians, is just an example of the mind state many whites were in during this time.
    Last edited by Slippy The Pimp; 03-06-2006 at 06:34 PM.

Shittin on E-Gangstas WuTangWarrior's Avatar

thats just terrible man.... and also i had no idea the creator of the Wizard of OZ had suggested the genocide of Indians, i bet many do not know this and still love the book/movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Charging Soldier
    The soldiers of the 7th calvary were given Congressional Medals of Honor.
    WHAT! How the hell did they get a medal of honor. That's fucked up, stupid ass gov't.

^^ shit like that still happens. just goes to show how fucked up society is.
    ]browndogg*]

Quote Originally Posted by WuTangWarrior
    thats just terrible man.... and also i had no idea the creator of the Wizard of OZ had suggested the genocide of Indians, i bet many do not know this and still love the book/movie.
    I probably wouldn't have seen it if I knew that, but it doesn't mean "Wizard Of Oz" isn't a good story, I liked it as a kid before I knew about his personal beliefs.

"This is my book, take a look, see if it grabs your attention, with a hook, the queen took the rook, into a new dimension" Tajeco

Quote Originally Posted by tajeco
    I probably wouldn't have seen it if I knew that, but it doesn't mean "Wizard Of Oz" isn't a good story, I liked it as a kid before I knew about his personal beliefs.
    I liked the movie too, but it makes me think twice now when I watch it. It's an adaptation of the book, it's fantasy, but what message can I draw from this? The wicked witch is a minority because she's green. She controls a bunch of savage flying monkeys. The path to their holy emerald city and great white wizard is paved in gold. All of the munchkins in munchikin land are white, and they're all completeley innocent of doing wrong. I'm sure if the movie was remade today they'd throw a black, or asian midget into the mix and have a black actor play the lion, so it probably has more to do with how movies were made at the time, but still..................
    Last edited by Slippy The Pimp; 03-07-2006 at 06:25 PM.

BrOoKlYn'S FiNeSt

on the real I'm ignorant about the truth of this era of history not that i believe what was taught in school but this country has forgotton about america's native people and you really have to seek out the truth. I live in NY and I don't think I've ever met a native american family, they got them out of sight out of mind put into reservations in some rural ass areas of the country. If they got black history month its way past due for a Native American history month to raise some awareness.
    2 ignorant ?'s (how else can i learn?)
    1. Are there native american history classes or even majors at universities?
    2. Does the population of native people face extinction?