Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Inspectah Deck - Neighborhood Spider-Man (94-96 Wu Classic Style) Uncont. sub. Blend Tape Full Album

Shaolin Master

I am currently trying to mix acapellas on to my beats on FL. I'm having difficulties fitting them on to the beats. How did you do it? Did you time stretch them? What is your method?

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by dapo View Post
    I am currently trying to mix acapellas on to my beats on FL. I'm having difficulties fitting them on to the beats. How did you do it? Did you time stretch them? What is your method?
    well. Most beats are not exact. Its never an exact science.

first look up the bpm, set the song to that bpm and check to make sure its on beat. Either by making sure the first part loops perfectly (move it u til it does) or what i started doing is dragging the beat of the rap to the othet beat, by following the snares. As long as they both start on same point within their beat, you just go down the line lining them up and when they dont line up, you stretch them foward or back til they do. I usually do the first snare, then 4th, 8th, 16, 32. Once you lined up by there it should be cake and on rest of way. Then ya drag the accapella over the real song. Boom. Just be careful cause not all the snare timings are correct, you may need to find anothet visual clue to line up then.

and again, rza beats make this damn near impossible. His odd timings and lil extra additions will make it impossible to beat match almost. When that happens you just drag it out until it sound right. Really just lisyen to both songs n make sure its constant with no stops the whole beat. Ofentify any and work ya way tp that spot n just be comcious of the addition.

unless ya mixing hits, the bpms will prolly be wrong online or like a fraction off. So i find stretch the 2 songs over each other to be easiest way to get it correct
    Last edited by ForensikZ; 02-10-2024 at 09:28 PM.

Shaolin Master

Thanks. Imma try that.

PRODIGAL SUN

Thanks. Imma try that.
    if you need anybhelp getting stuff on bro ill help with a cpl and show u myself. Ive done it for others on here before.

Shaolin Master

This is what I made last night: https://soundcloud.com/dapo-ai/diesel-remix

PRODIGAL SUN

This is what I made last night: https://soundcloud.com/dapo-ai/diesel-remix
    Bro thats hard as hell. Sounds like you got it down bro. You do the snare thing? I dont trust any key bom finders or online stuff so i just stretch them out.

bro this is more wu sounding than most fake wu beats that chop up rzas shit and saybthey produced it lol

now that ai can strip a beat into all its elements. People are stealing drums and all yhe sound efx wu use and making their own. As a fan its cool but as an artisy if someone was doing that id be pissed.

yours is legit bro. 100%. Good work

Shaolin Master

Thanks. I have more Imma post. I did not do the snare thing. I just stretched them out til they sounded right lol. It took me hours yo.

PRODIGAL SUN

Thanks. I have more Imma post. I did not do the snare thing. I just stretched them out til they sounded right lol. It took me hours yo.

im tellin ya bro. Just set each song to where the rap starts and line the first snare of each bar of rap. 1st 4th 8th 32nd go back to first. Then goto end and line up.

​it takes like 5 min lol. Took me a long time to figure it out. Lol

that one above needs a lil stretching as you can hear deck is hitting snares in beginning but starts missing them as the song goes. Almost there tho. Cool beat tho man

it takes practice bro. I made like 3 albums of material before i even got it down

Shaolin Master

Yea, you'll have to show me lol. To be fair, I am very novice at this. I am also using a trial version of FL. I can't save my projects. So once I close the program, that's it.
    Last edited by dapo; 02-12-2024 at 11:11 AM.

Shaolin Master

I think I know what your talking about though. Some songs I did I had to cut up the acapellas, because some of the artists flow a bit different over the beat than the other rappers. It's hard to explain. Like Rza for example. Mixing and syncing him is a nightmare.

Please tell me your thoughts of this one: https://soundcloud.com/dapo-ai/cross-my-heart-remix
    Last edited by dapo; 02-12-2024 at 11:25 AM.

PRODIGAL SUN

I think I know what your talking about though. Some songs I did I had to cut up the acapellas, because some of the artists flow a bit different over the beat than the other rappers. It's hard to explain. Like Rza for example. Mixing and syncing him is a nightmare.

Please tell me your thoughts of this one: https://soundcloud.com/dapo-ai/cross-my-heart-remix
    i understand bro. I was in ya position a few months ago. Now im on point.

​i will check when i get home from dr

one thing i know tho. U shouldnt be stretching anyones verse more than anyone elses. If one fits at that time they all. If they are at diff speeds itll be off no matter what. They all rhyming at a set speed due to the og beat. So you should never be stretching one more than the other no matter what. If you do the snare technique itll set everyones verses for you on its own. You wont have to move anything unless the songs have diff structures iw. Og song has 16 bar verses, new beat has 24. But even then, because its looping, once the bpms are set correct all the verses will fit

but u right with rza. One misstep and it falls apart
    Last edited by ForensikZ; 02-12-2024 at 01:43 PM.

PRODIGAL SUN

Btw guys.

i added 2 new tracks

nightshift i fidnt use because i thought it was too many solos. Well i found the perfect spiderman sample for it and also did a grand prix remix so figured why not.

grand prix ghostrider chase remix has meths ghostrider inspired triumph verse and rzas chase verse which adds to the theme of a chase.

ill add link later on.

Shaolin Master

Awesome remixes!

PRODIGAL SUN

Awesome remixes!
    Thanks man. Forgot to uodate. Listened to ya remix. Def sounding better bro. Your beats are good man. Use em. I been sitting on mine for years. Didnt rven realize what i had. By end of year ill have like 10 diff remix albums done.