Thread: Wu-Tang Clan's Ghostface Killah enters the blockchain to drop new tracks as Bitcoin Ordinals

Default Wu-Tang Clan's Ghostface Killah enters the blockchain to drop new tracks as Bitcoin Ordinals

Wu-Tang Clan's Ghostface Killah enters the blockchain to drop new tracks as Bitcoin Ordinals
    by Vince Dioquino Mar. 20, 2024
    The legendary MC's upcoming drop showcases how musicians are leveraging blockchain tech for their craft.

Ghostface Killah, a member of the iconic hardcore hip hop group Wu-Tang Clan, has announced the release of 10,000 exclusive music Ordinals on the Bitcoin network, offering holders Creative Commons Zero (CC0) rights to the content.

The American rapper announced on X that the Ordinals will soon be available through a free mint.

The CC0 rights license allows holders to freely build upon, enhance, and reuse the works as they see fit. According to the announcement, the new Bitcoin Ordinals collection was made possible through Ghostface Killah’s collaboration with Rare Scrilla, NakaPepes, and Ordinals Bot, an Ordinals inscriptions platform.

Bitcoin Ordinals are a relatively new concept in blockchain tech. Essentially, Ordinals are unique digital assets created by inscribing content, such as images or text, onto individual satoshis, the smallest denomination of Bitcoin.

By assigning a serial number to each satoshi based on its mining order, known as an ordinal, the Ordinals protocol enables the creation of non-fungible tokens (NFTs) and other assets directly on the Bitcoin blockchain without the need for a secondary layer. However, there are technical differences between NFTs and Ordinals.

While this innovation has sparked interest among some users, it has also raised concerns within the Bitcoin community about the potential impact on network congestion, transaction fees, and the inclusion of non-essential data like artwork and memes.

Ordinals gained traction in 2023 when developer Casey Rodarmor minted the first one on the Bitcoin mainnet. Despite a brief lull in the crypto space, Ordinals recently made a comeback in weekly sales on March 4, outperforming even Ethereum (ETH), according to blockchain-based rankings on CryptoSlam.

According to data from Ord.io, some 1,290 audio files have been inscribed to Bitcoin at the time of writing, making Ghostface Killah’s release a significant addition to the growing trend of musicians leveraging blockchain technology for content control and fan engagement.

While platforms like Sound.xyz and Audius have been using blockchain-powered solutions to empower musicians, the use of Bitcoin Ordinals for exclusive music drops and fan perks is less common. Nonetheless, the technology has gained traction with big-name brands, as evidenced by the NFT marketplace SuperRare’s recent expansion into Bitcoin Ordinals and the release of their “No Brainers” collection.

Ghostface Killah’s first foray into crypto dates back to 2017 when he attempted to launch his own cryptocurrency company, Cream Capital, through an initial coin offering (ICO) which targeted a $30 million raise.

The name of this venture is a direct reference to C.R.E.A.M., a popular song by Wu-Tang Clan released in November 1993 by Loud Records for the group’s debut album, Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers). The song’s title is a backronym for “Cash Rules Everything Around Me” and has received critical acclaim worldwide.

Source: https://cryptobriefing.com/ghostface...coin-ordinals/
    Whatever happened to that speaker and projector?
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

I have no clue of what I just read.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutman View Post
    I have no clue of what I just read.
    You are not alone. I have the feeling that this article was c-written by ChatGPT, as more of the articles about this. It is all a lot of the same sort of crap. My summary:

After Crypto, Coffee, Weedhoney, NFT's, Ghostface is now promoting Bitcoin Ordinals. Which are like NFT's, but run on Bitcoin. He is going to sell songs on there, he says. This is after his announcement that he was going to sell lyrics as NFT's, of which I never saw the sale.

And as far as I understand it the difference between an NFT and Bitcoin Ordinal is that the NFT only stored a link, and the Bitcoin Ordinal is supposed to store the actual file. If I am correct you can store up to 4 MB per Bitcoin Ordinal, which would mean that you would need multiple to have a high quality song. This is interesting because with NFT's, you could just look up the link and download the song or image. This was possible for example for the U-God songs that were released as NFT's.

The CC0 license that is mentioned is also remarkable, as it would allow the owner to remix and redistribute the song as you are essentially making it Public Domain. Depending on the quality, this could be interesting. It also aligns with the last Ghost hustle of the Stemplayer. Did that ever get released?

Terry Cloth Rudolph Joint Sky Blue Bally Kid's Avatar

Bruh, is there a side hustle Ghost hasn't tried yet?

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -

With his voice, at least how he constantly uses it on the last few records he released, he could go for a Billie Mays hustle. Or show up in those videos running in your local Home Depot or tool store. At least he is not pushing another software package or whatever you hear on podcasts or videos: lord titles, matrasses, vpns, skillshare

As I was looking into this story some more, because the articles are all only referencing Ghostface and his CREAM coin, I knew there was some other shit. Now apparently there was a release with some NFTs. But I have found no traces of the tracks. If someone else finds some info on these tracks, let me know.

Ghost’s pre-loved pubic wigs.

Distributed by some random Dutch company.

Nonsensical pricing options

Accompanied by an NFT-only single called ‘Split Ya Wig’

Man fuck this corny shit, I miss CDs, LPs and tapes! Streaming and/or having a digital archive with every song you want is wonderful, but this shit has gone too far!! NFTs CAN'T stick around for long, can they?.. Owning digital files been done, remember when songs iTunes tagged any song you bought with the buyers name? What's the big difference, who cares if you own a digital photo when anyone can screenshoot that shit?

I came to this site just to post about how Ghost has an absolute moron advising his 'business ventures' lol. Whoever the dumbass is i really doubt they have collectively made 10k.

Every 'business' is a dumb ass embarrassing gimmick

Quote Originally Posted by mrvaughn View Post
    Ghost’s pre-loved pubic wigs.

Distributed by some random Dutch company.

Nonsensical pricing options

Accompanied by an NFT-only single called ‘Split Ya Wig’

Hahaha, glad to see this site is still unhinged