Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is father time hitting the generals ? Hang it up with a bang.

Terry Cloth Rudolph Joint Sky Blue Bally Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by David Daniel Davis View Post
    Hopefully they squirrel some of that money aside for good production.
    That's another problem, it's not even worth them doing it financially. A new album would do what, 10k? 20k? units? RZA said something along the lines of he lost $600k putting out ABT.

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Bloody Sword View Post
    Especially GZA. He has been on sleeping mode for a while. Cappadonna is the hardest working general at the moment. He has been dropping projects like every year.
    I would be happy to see a last Wu-Tang album with 50% RZA production, the rest produced by 4th disciple, Dj Mathematics, Bronze Nazareth, Arabian Knights, Cilvaringz.
    A 10 minutes track at the end of the album produced by Cilvaringz and Bronze Nazareth with a verse from some Killabeez members (Shyheim, Timbo King, Killah Priest, Frukwan, Remedy, La the Darkman, 9th Prince, Bronze Nazareth, Myalanski & Joe Mafia, YDB, Holocaust (Not that weird Warcloud shit), Killa Sin, Hell Razah, Tekitah, and Blue Raspberry. At some point the track should switch the beat. No outside producers or features allowed. Strictly Wu-Tang

This will be a dream come true for die hard Wu-Tang fans. Everything comes to end in life. Wu will go down as the greatest Hip-Hop crew of all time.
    They have to keep working. They have no pension nor a retirement fund. GZA, RZA, Meth, Ghost (maybe), and Rae will be fine, but U-God, Deck, and Masta may have issues. They can't tour/perform in their 70s. Then again, they probably have investments, rental properties, other sources of income elsewhere. I'm just assuming.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Blue Bally Kid View Post
    That's another problem, it's not even worth them doing it financially. A new album would do what, 10k? 20k? units? RZA said something along the lines of he lost $600k putting out ABT.
    For real? You know where he said that by any chance?

Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    They have to keep working. They have no pension nor a retirement fund. GZA, RZA, Meth, Ghost (maybe), and Rae will be fine, but U-God, Deck, and Masta may have issues. They can't tour/perform in their 70s. Then again, they probably have investments, rental properties, other sources of income elsewhere. I'm just assuming.
    If Divine was excel wizard he claims to have been, he would have prepared for that and set up that stuff for all of them back in the 90's when they were all signed back to Wu-Tang. That would have been truly groundbreaking, and a good one after all the fuckery about money throughout the years. But my guess is there is no such thing as a Wu-Tang Pension fund.

That reminds me what about that catalog sale RZA did. Was that just for his songs, are also Clan? Wonder how much that brings in. Or was that just a one time payment?
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

Terry Cloth Rudolph Joint Sky Blue Bally Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Set View Post
    For real? You know where he said that by any chance?
    Link below, was an estimated $500k...

https://hiphopdx.com/news/id.31544/t...etter-tomorrow

I remember an old interview somewhere saying clan members had invested in real estate amongst other things but couldn't find a link

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Rza will definitely always be financially secure and he still has Hollywood to fall back on if all else fails.

Wu-Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by mrvaughn View Post
    Who are you? I’m genuinely asking.
    Jae Maze/DoloMite

Quote Originally Posted by JEM View Post
    Jae Maze/DoloMite
    Cheers

{>____<}

If Divine was excel wizard he claims to have been, he would have prepared for that and set up that stuff for all of them back in the 90's when they were all signed back to Wu-Tang. That would have been truly groundbreaking, and a good one after all the fuckery about money throughout the years. But my guess is there is no such thing as a Wu-Tang Pension fund.

That reminds me what about that catalog sale RZA did. Was that just for his songs, are also Clan? Wonder how much that brings in. Or was that just a one time payment?

Quote Originally Posted by David Daniel Davis View Post
    Rza will definitely always be financially secure and he still has Hollywood to fall back on if all else fails.
    Yeah, RZA will be fine. Meth and GZA will be fine, but everyone else? I'm not so sure. Then again, they'll receive social security. That I'm sure of!

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Blue Bally Kid View Post
    Link below, was an estimated $500k...

https://hiphopdx.com/news/id.31544/t...etter-tomorrow
    Thanks.
    ABT was weird though. He paid a lot out of his own pocket. The whole release was overshadowed by OUATIS. Clan could not really make up their mind. Rae only hopped on at the last minute. The album carries a title from before. They do this thing with the speaker, which is only released in the US. From a marketing point of view, I think quite some mistakes were made. RZA might be the only one to blame for some of them.

I remember an old interview somewhere saying clan members had invested in real estate amongst other things but couldn't find a link

In the Hulu doc, Divine makes it pretty clear he invested his money while the rest was spending. He did buy the real estate. Doubt that is in the name of Wu-Tang Management, and would be evenly distributed.

I really doubt Ghost is doing that well, even though he has the exec prod title on the earlier records. Rae same. They are two people who want to keep living large, I get the idea.
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

Their material has been weak for the last decade but the Nas tour probably has brought back a lot of nostalgia and group chemistry. I wouldn't hold my breath for a new group album but I think they will record better shit in the future. Its part of getting older. Older rappers always want to criticize the new grabage and share jewels and Wu are getting to that age. And they will be the 1st group with the audience and money to record in some capacity. But they will probably never do a big album again. To record a new Wu album would take a big budget they'd have to provide themselves. I always said the best bet for a new Wu album is them doing a soundtrack for something because corporations will put a budget for that.
    "Why are you looking hard with a hood on and Timberland boots, staring at me for one hour..? When you could walk up and shake my hand? Why?"

Kool Keith, "Intro" Black Elvis/Lost in Space

{>____<}

I really doubt Ghost is doing that well, even though he has the exec prod title on the earlier records. Rae same. They are two people who want to keep living large, I get the idea.
    Yeah. Ghost brought all that famous jewelry. The large chain and bracelet, which he sold, I believe.

Once Upon a Time in Shaolin is probably the most fitting end to the group. Other than that, I imagine Cuban Linx 3 will be the last fire Wu album, depending on the production

won't speak for everyone but Gza has some personal demons he is dealing with. luckily he is getting professional help.
    He also had a very huge loss in his family so be graceful about the brother.

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by RADIOACTIVE MAN View Post
    won't speak for everyone but Gza has some personal demons he is dealing with. luckily he is getting professional help.
    GZA? I've always thought he was the stable one of the clan.

Quote Originally Posted by RADIOACTIVE MAN View Post
    He also had a very huge loss in his family so be graceful about the brother.
    Damn, thats sad if true. But the brother is doing a lice concert tonight so it can't be that serious.
    "Why are you looking hard with a hood on and Timberland boots, staring at me for one hour..? When you could walk up and shake my hand? Why?"

Kool Keith, "Intro" Black Elvis/Lost in Space