Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "8 Diagrams" is a masterpiece

Shaolin Master

Quote Originally Posted by human torch View Post
    Where that original break beat version of wolves? Used to be on here. Superior version

Peace CT

I know I’m in the minority here but I like the retail version of Wolves way better. Peace

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by josborne3680 View Post
    I know I’m in the minority here but I like the retail version of Wolves way better. Peace
    Yea i think your the only one bro

i liked the retail fine. When i saw rza premiered this on wakeupshow the day 8d came out. I knew he wanted it on album but had to be a sample issue.

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by Buddah_MAC View Post
    No, I was talking about how RZA technically recorded vocals for this album. Check the EPK.

2 songs in a row are MC/ hook/ Meth/ hook/ Masta over a beat switch/ hook

also vocally i love how they sounded. I read the mag tho so i remember it eas like a 4 miv setup around their nose mouth neck and chest or something. I dug that

Shaolin Master

Quote Originally Posted by ForensikZ View Post
    also vocally i love how they sounded. I read the mag tho so i remember it eas like a 4 miv setup around their nose mouth neck and chest or something. I dug that
    It might have helped with sound quality but, like I said, I wonder if that set up contributed to why so many performances were so low key on the album.

Eastern village

Quote Originally Posted by Buddah_MAC View Post
    It might have helped with sound quality but, like I said, I wonder if that set up contributed to why so many performances were so low key on the album.
    I think many perfomances lacked cause of internal frustration at the time. I know Rae didnt really want to do it at all for example. With all the drama in the group at the time its a great album. Is it their best for me no. I put it with the W. They are on the same tier for me. Forever is still my fav. I felt it was around there they peaked.

Not feeling that alternative Wolves.
    "Why are you looking hard with a hood on and Timberland boots, staring at me for one hour..? When you could walk up and shake my hand? Why?"

Kool Keith, "Intro" Black Elvis/Lost in Space

Quote Originally Posted by josborne3680 View Post
    You are not the ONLY one as I join you in the minority that prefers retail version beat. Tbh not feeling that disco type vibe of radio version lol.

Rhymes are DOPE either way especially Meth & UGod. Golden Arms💪🏽🎤💪🏽 really shone on this album 👐🏽 PEACE

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Love how from back when the album dropped until now people still agree that this is the album where U God finally showed his full potential, but it was unfortunately on one of their worst received albums..

Veteran Member

I disagree it's a masterpiece... It's listenable with a few very good tracks IMO

Quote Originally Posted by hiphopjunky View Post
    I disagree it's a masterpiece... It's listenable with a few very good tracks IMO