Thread: Cappadonna - “Spiritual Reset By Father Cappadonna” new/classic cuts remixed NEW Full album inside

PRODIGAL SUN

Default Cappadonna - “Spiritual Reset By Father Cappadonna” new/classic cuts remixed NEW Full album inside

“Spiritual Reset by Father Cappadonna”

01 [00:00] intro (south of the border)
    02 [02:00] slang editorial
    03 [05:43] super model / maria ft ghost/odb
    04 [10:54] wu banga 101 ft wu tang
    05 [15:33] justice
    06 [18:59] check for a nigga
    07 [23:26] love is the message ft raekwon
    08 [27:12] heaven
    09 [32:12] camay ft raekwon & ghostface
    10 [36:29] dont turn around
    11 [38:54] put god first ft solomon childs/INS
    12 [43:39] everything is everything
    13 [46:47] mean streets ft killah priest
    14 [51:21] nice 2 be important
    15 [55:16] a better tomorrow II ft wu tang
    16 [59:16] black boy ft tekitha

Produced by:
    BEZbobby / EVERYTHiNG & NOTHiNG

interludes sampled from IRON FIST PILLAGE

Spiritual Reset comes from me seeing someone explain that Cappadonna’s style was “The spiritual reset for the asciatic black man”.

Father Cappadonna comes from the exit for the Verranzano Bridge from Staten Island to Brooklyn is called “Father Capadano Drive” named after a famous Staten Island priest. Most people assume on the Island that is how Cap got his name, but I saw an interview where he explained it was a coincidence. I decided it fit with the theme of the record so here we go.

This album is my to showcase my appreciation for one of my favorite rappers ever, CAPPADONNA of the Wu-Tang Clan. Many people are familiar with Cap from Ironman, Wu-Tang Forever & The Pillage; but few know he has developed into quite the conscious, grown man, adult MC over the years. Many ignore Cap’s later albums and even today, he drops gems non stop and is one of my favorite wu members the past 10 years. I tried spotlighting some of my favorite songs from this time, while mixing in some of the classics, to make the best Cap album I could. Being from Staten Island, Wu-Tang is a little more part of our identity than a normal fan would be; so I take this VERY serious and want to give Cappadonna my best. The actual dream is to give these beats to Cap but im trying to build my channel in the meantime.

PRODIGAL SUN

Btw mr vaughn didnt mean to step on ya cap playlist lol. Yest i was gon post it but the ugod/rza dropped; didnt wan split things up. Its a cappadonna day. Celebrate cappadonnas new music yall. All his recent albums got gems.

On this record justice, heaven, mean streets, dont turn around and put god first are from lesser known cap albums. Dope songs by donna imo which is why i had to remix some.
    Last edited by ForensikZ; 04-17-2024 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ForensikZ View Post
    Btw mr vaughn didnt mean to step on ya cap playlist lol. Yest i was gon post it but the ugod/rza dropped; didnt wan split things up. Its a cappadonna day. Celebrate cappadonnas new music yall. All his recent albums got gems.

On this record justice, heaven, mean streets, dont turn around and put god first are from lesser known cap albums. Dope songs by donna imo which is why i had to remix some.
    All good my friend. The more the better.

Shaolin Master

Straight dopeness! Ya'll should check this out. Peace.

PRODIGAL SUN

Yo dapo ty. I listened to ya new wu mix again last night when i finished up for the day. Cant wait for odb and killa beez. Next month is my return remixes myself. Idk when ya releasing but maybe next month will be odb month lol

Shaolin Master

Quote Originally Posted by ForensikZ View Post
    Yo dapo ty. I listened to ya new wu mix again last night when i finished up for the day. Cant wait for odb and killa beez. Next month is my return remixes myself. Idk when ya releasing but maybe next month will be odb month lol
    It will lol.

In his interview with Maino, Cappa said his brother called him Slappa Cappa and he didn't like it so he shortened it to Cappa. Then people called him Cappuccino and I guess Cappadonna after the exit.
    "Why are you looking hard with a hood on and Timberland boots, staring at me for one hour..? When you could walk up and shake my hand? Why?"

Kool Keith, "Intro" Black Elvis/Lost in Space

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Seed View Post
    In his interview with Maino, Cappa said his brother called him Slappa Cappa and he didn't like it so he shortened it to Cappa. Then people called him Cappuccino and I guess Cappadonna after the exit.
    yea that makes sense. I never realized it myself because i moved young but remember when i moved back working in the city i took the exit and was like wtf thats gotta be where his name came from. I saw someone ask him specifically about it so yea came after the fact i guess