Thread: Any Beach Boys heads?

Default Any Beach Boys heads?

The Beach Boys are neck-and-neck my favorite white/rock group with Genesis. A lot of people say Wu are the black Beatles but they're more like the black Beach Boys. Both groups led by a member who produces most of their songs. Both groups have family members in them. Both had a wold party animal who died first. Both have crazy festival level shows and rabid fans from a young age who grew up with them. Both get new generations of fans. Both have cross-over alternative appeal with critical acclaim from people who don't like their genres. Both were a global sensation representing a part of America people hadn't heard before. Both struggle to reunite and have different factions who work together and members beefing.
    "Why are you looking hard with a hood on and Timberland boots, staring at me for one hour..? When you could walk up and shake my hand? Why?"

Kool Keith, "Intro" Black Elvis/Lost in Space

Damn, I thought someone else would be a Wu and Beach Boys fan lol. Here are some great songs to check out if interested:

Mona
    'Til I Die
    This Whole World
    Sloop John B
    God Only Knows
    Barbara Ann
    Help Me, Rhonda
    I'll Bet He's Nice
    My Diane
    Sweet Sunday Kind of Love
    Johnny Carson
    Surfer Girl

Here's my youtube playlist of favorites: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...DCy28MNHW4dr8E

I just realized Wu & the BBs both started off as novelty groups with gimmicks - Kung fu & surfing.
    "Why are you looking hard with a hood on and Timberland boots, staring at me for one hour..? When you could walk up and shake my hand? Why?"

Kool Keith, "Intro" Black Elvis/Lost in Space