Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My ONCE UPON A TIME IN SHAOLIN review of cut down version previewed yest in nyc

So, whats the point of reading this, is more me to be even more sure this is a really good Wu-Tang album unlike anything they have done since The W but I am not going to ever have the chance to listen to it????

Thanks anyway for the review, my complain was not about the thread maker.
    Last edited by Apocalypse; 06-10-2024 at 09:45 AM.

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    So, whats the point of reading this, is more me to be even more sure this is a really good Wu-Tang album unlike anything they have done since The W but I am not going to ever have the chance to listen to it????

Thanks anyway for the review, by complain was not about the thread maker.
    I get it bro. But if you read it all the way youd kno that they are working on dropping it. Like official. This is all promo to drop this thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post

Thanks anyway for the review, my complain was not about the thread maker.
    Got a feeling that they really want to bring it to the public. More so than Shkreli or the FBI. It shows with the first events now in NYC, and the one in Tasmania. So they will probably follow that up with more events worldwide.

Honestly, in retrospect, the GME thing is sort of a real crypto bro thing to do. But that is only minor. Choosing the church as a set up for the first listening shows some dedication to properly showcasing this, unlike a lot of wu projects we have seen in the last two decades.
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

Some dude on Reddit posted a couple of snips from Martin's X.com stream, One featuring GZA & Deck with the Shogun assassin movie clip and another which I believe was "In the Rain"? w/ Blue Raspberry I believe which sounded like a true Rainy Dayz pt II. It was a mystical and hypnotic beat that was absolutely incredible!

I hope the guys at Pleasr do release this thing, I'm bag holding GME stock for this! But i've personally always been happy with spending $1k for a chance to get the music.. so if it never recovers so be it! lol
    Last edited by JZA/Jordon; 06-11-2024 at 11:29 AM.

I've heard the tracks that were dropped today on Reddit and I gotta say one thing. It's a really good album but if anyone expected something spectacular it's not. At least from what I've heard. The beats aren't matching the *real* old Wu-Tang sound. They're great but not Wu-Tang to the core. And GZA sounds terrible as he's been for the last 15 years.

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by soob View Post
    I've heard the tracks that were dropped today on Reddit and I gotta say one thing. It's a really good album but if anyone expected something spectacular it's not. At least from what I've heard. The beats aren't matching the *real* old Wu-Tang sound. They're great but not Wu-Tang to the core. And GZA sounds terrible as he's been for the last 15 years.
    this is spectacular : https://youtu.be/h2erbov8G0M?si=04QqpOYYsKgsnViO

PRODIGAL SUN

no offense bro but whay kinda review is this

”its a really good album”

”not spectavular”

the beats are great, but not SPECTACULAR.

what kinda sleight of hand word play is this

And that would be like 5 ateps ahead of what we currently have no?

Idl if your under the assumption that these guys were gonna drop a true 5 micer at 50 with rza production again, but if you dont consider this the closest they will ever get than idk what you thought you were gonna hear in all honesty.

Ive heard some of the leaks. I havent seen every track leak yet.

but saying shit like “they are great, but not wutang” is being whiney as fuck imo and seems nothing will ever make everyone in the base happy. Im a glass half fullguy myself.

The wu sound no longer exists as a thing. Its either tnis or legendary weapons/chamber music at most. I choose this.

it's hard to explain but it is good in terms of the sound/ It's much better than what they've done for past 15 years. But if you want to have another 36 Chambers or Forever than not. It sounds like a solid album

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)

Corny Nuh! Capitalizing Cilvaringz's Avatar

No pleasing some people but he’s entitled to his opinion. That said, the GZA comment’s blasphemous!

I'm glad you guys were able to mend your differences. I thought it was going to get heated.

Quote Originally Posted by Cilvaringz View Post
    No pleasing some people but he’s entitled to his opinion. That said, the GZA comment’s blasphemous!
    For real, He was vintage!

it's hard to explain but it is good in terms of the sound/ It's much better than what they've done for past 15 years. But if you want to have another 36 Chambers or Forever than not. It sounds like a solid album
    Some of the snippets i've heard are better than the best tracks on Forever.. I don't think matching 36 Chambers was ever in the Cards.

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by Cilvaringz View Post
    I get it but some people giving reviews are being intentionally vague and giving praise while sneaking in comments people perceive as negative. Mentioning everything except the music itself.

you 100% captured a wu tang vibe. Guys listening to janky streams with bad sound judging things i got to hear in top quality sound system and then wan argue with me online about it.

btw im still waiting on replys. That sites a shit show man lol
    Last edited by ForensikZ; 06-11-2024 at 08:04 PM.

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

At least interaction on here is going up somewhat. Broke the old record for most users online right before Corona Virus hit.

Corny Nuh! Capitalizing Cilvaringz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ForensikZ View Post
    I get it but some people giving reviews are being intentionally vague and giving praise while sneaking in comments people perceive as negative. Mentioning everything except the music itself.

you 100% captured a wu tang vibe. Guys listening to janky streams with bad sound judging things i got to hear in top quality sound system and then wan argue with me online about it.

btw im still waiting on replys. That sites a shit show man lol
    It is what it is brethren. I appreciate you trying though. Bless bless!