0 0%
  • 2: Weak

0 0%
  • 1: Wack

0 0%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Outkast - Aquemini

este sitio es una mierda drippie k's Avatar

9.5/10...only weak spot is Mamacita and it's only cuz it wasn't as funky as the other songs but still a dope track, still better than 75% of idlewild
    cash rules. still don't nothin move but the money

Aquemini

You know how OutKast were originally pimps with their Southernplayalisticcadilacmuzik debut album and became arty with their ATLiens album. Well this is their attempt to mesh the two. Introducing, Aquemini; half pimp, half arty.

Hold On, Be Strong is a weak way to start the album; as a whole I skip rap intros but this just seems to pale in comparison to "Return of the "G"" which is hard hitting, agressive and just doesn't give a fuck; with that Big Boi and Andre 3000 introduce you to a world that is agressive and hard hitting while still taking creative outlets wherever it can. Rosa Parks scream Atlanta with it's guitar and harmonica solo while Skew It on the Bar-B (one of my favorite tracks) is pure hip-hop with Raekwon providing one of his best verses ever.

Several songs manage to blend the fine line between Gangsta and Art with the title track "Aquemini" proving to be the best of both worlds from both hosts; laid back and descriptive at the same time. "Synthesizer" is a hard track to get into but once you get into it, it lays yourself in the mind pretty well. I could go on with multiple track reviews but the part is that this manages to make you feel proud to own the album while not being shunned by the underground heads.

This album is perfectly sequenced; example: after a wonderful possee cut "Slump" comes "West Savannah", a outtake from the debut album placed in there to invoke feelings of nostalgia then after that comes "Da Art of Storytelling" which is a masterpiece in storytelling as it provides two faces, one light, one just the fucking end of the world. It remains consistent all the way through and just when you expect it to end like that; they come back with "Chonkyfire" which just plain rocks both figuratively and literally. Thank goodness that guitar existed when it did, otherwise we wouldn't have fire.

The only weak spot is Mamacita which is awkard, misplaced and seems to slug on at a slow place. The only best part about it is Witchdoctor which got signed to Williams Street records for a reason; his verses are the best and his energy is unmatched. Nobody else gave a shit on that song but he did and for that I commend him.

If you love pop, you'll love this album, if you love mainstream hip-hop, you'll love this album, if you love underground rap; you will fucking love this album. Key word is love and OutKast has made a classic, nicely done Andre 3000 and Big Boi.

10/10
    Last edited by Wu Dunce Hat; 04-03-2015 at 01:13 AM. Reason: Forgot rating.

Are U aware I ban @ will? MASTER PAI MEI's Avatar

Nice review^

-

Who's the black woman rapping on Mamacita song? I love the beat. Aquemini album cover is nice but the album sucks LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

Who's the black woman rapping on Mamacita song? I love the beat. Aquemini album cover is nice but the album sucks LOL.
    The cover and everything about the album is awesome.

Yeah I love that track, the rapper is Masada, and I think thats the only thing shes ever done, but yeah I can rap that whole song off top, everybody killed it especially her and Andre

“Mamacita” feat. Masada, Witchdoctor

Produced by Organized Noize If every classic album has one track that seems to come out of left field, “Mamacita” is Aquemini‘s. Produced by Ray Murray and Rico Wade, the beat bangs without question. But at the time it simply left fans wondering: Who is the crunk “mamacita” with the New York accent rhyming with Dre, Big and Witchdoctor? Rico Wade: We had about three different girls that we worked with as rappers throughout our career and none of them really made it out of the Dungeon. They all got stuck in the goddamn walls. But Masada got a chance because she was talented. We were working with her and Dana in a rap group. Me and Ray met them at a freestyle battle. Masada: I met Rico back in ’96 in a club called the Oxygen where I used to do open mic. We were cool, and shortly after I met him I wound up leaving Atlanta and going back to Jersey. I left because I was pregnant with my daughter. And after I had my daughter, Rico ended up running into my girlfriend Dana in the club and he told her to tell me to call. So when I called him he said, ‘Masada come down,’ and he flew my daughter and I down. When we got to town, we dropped my daughter off with his mother and went to the studio. And when we got in the studio he kept teasing me saying, ‘Mamacita.’ Rico Wade: I just had the beat playing and I know my vibe came from fucking with Masada, ’cause she’s so New York. She’s from Jersey but when she talks it’s just so New York chick. So I was just fucking with her like, ‘Mama-cita.’ And she came right back: ‘Papa-donna.’ I said: ‘Let’s go put that shit down right now.’ We put the hook down right then, she busted the first verse, then Dre came in and heard her rapping on it. It was a project we were working on for Masada and Dana’s side project, Mahogany. But he came in the Dungeon and heard the beat and just made it a song. Andre 3000: It was a groovy kinda thing. Just going back and forth on male/female [relationships]. I had a girlfriend that kinda went that way [lesbian] at one point in time. I was like, ‘What the fuck is this?’ So I think I was just being affected by it and it ended up coming out in my verse. Masada: I called Rico a month later just to check on him. And he said, “Masada what’s up, you need to come get paid, you know you’re on the OutKast album?” And I said, “What?” He said, “Yeah, you’re on the album. They ended up putting you on the album.” I was very surprised.
    http://www.iknowtheledge.com/hip-hop...ng-of-aquemini

It's their third best album.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    CJ isn't on the intellectual level to appreciate their shit.
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Banned

This album was their last good album. Mamasita song is hard. That bass on the song is booming.
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.