Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Raekwon - Immobilarity

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

wut? never noticed that

cool

Wackest non U-God Wu solo ever!
    Lyrics - 9/10 Beats - 3/10 Overall - 5.5/10

Veteran Member

i think rae on this is better than rae on only built.. but oviously obfcl is the better album

lyrically it is superior to cuban linx as far as raekwon is concerned. its a solid effort.
    Christianity = White Supremacy

the beats were fuckin trash, nothin wu about it
    "The skywalker, that be leapin' over planets"

heard this shit and bout went out my mind that this shit could get as bad of a rap as it does.

4.5/5

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    Shit Is damn near classic.... I'm bored I'll review

Intro

Yae Yo
    This shows where Raekwon is now on the lyrical tip, but I'm just not feeling this beat at all, this could've been switched up or taken off the album, not a good way to start up after a classic album. 3/5

Casablanca
    Now Raekwon should've started the album off with this joint right here, pure fire, he's telling a story that was kinda hard to catch because his lyrics has evolved on this album. The beat is mad fire and the hook is the icing on the cake "Wise niggaz wake up, dead niggaz lose, who you gonna choose, me or him you's a fool, pay attention, fuck around me detention, see you in the next dimension you niggaz didn't listen". 5/5

100 Rounds

"Wu-Tang emblem, success make a nigga tremble, 9 of us stand 9 resemble" "You's a student fucking with a principle". Just some of my favorite lines on this joint right here, the beat is a real bass knocker. Lyrics are so on point it doesn't make sense, the hook on this joint is classic too. Raekwon is showing he can go 100 rounds by himself. 5/5

Real Life
    This is another one of Raekwon's tales, seems like Masta Killa had a little problem. Great story telling which includes the clan so you gotta wonder what happens next, beat accompanies the story real well. Everything is on point. 5/5

Power
    This track is a banger, nothing too special though, Raekwon starts it off great and then Twiz, although Superb does rip this joint after his verse it's gets boring. 3.5/5

Skit

All I Got Is You Pt.II

This is a wack song right here. The beat is annoying and wack, I can't sit through this joint, and the singing isn't all that good either, I'm just not feeling this at all. I understand who the track is for but I'm just not feeling it. 2/5

Jury
    This is a banger right here, don't sleep on this track, raekwon comes hard throughout the whole track, the beat is cool too. the singing is even bad everything flows well on this joint. You can just tell how much progress lyrically he's made. 4/5

Fuck Them
    This has to be the most simple beat I've ever heard but this shit is still hot, something about it makes me keep it on, maybe Raekwon's dope verses, although Method Man played around on this joint right here, it still came out good. 4/5

Skit 2

Live From New York

"Came through bumping nothing but Wu, the crowd Blitzed him" Classic, enough said. 5/5

My Favorite Dred
    A little story, you know how it goes down in the drug game, beat is cool,nothing really too special about the track, but it's not bad either.
    3.5/5

Friday
    I like this joint right here, a fast paced track you can tell something is about to go down so you just waiting to see what's going to happen and Raekwon just takes you through on this one. 4/5

The Table
    This joint right here is crazy, Raekwon just goes in but Masta Killa sounds like a true poet on this joint, just mad crazy and the beat accompanies them so well, it's just some classic shit. 5/5

Sneakers
    Raekwon hitting ya'll with his different styles on this track right here, you all should know what the track is about. Pete Rocks beat is crazy aswell, a nice combination. 5/5

Raw
    I might get hate for this one but I'm kind of feeling this shit right here, something about it is just dope. Everyone is flowing on here well, it just has a good vibe to it. 4/5

Pop Shit
    I'm not feeling this joint at all on here, I think this is the 2nd weakest track on the album, I don't know what Raekwon was thinking on this one but it was a bad move. 1/5

Heart to Heart

I'm not feeling this joint AT ALL this is the weakest track on this album, I don't know why Raekwon would choose to end a dope album so bad, this really fucked up the vibe of the album. 1/5

Forecast
    It's mostly shoutouts so I won't rate.

Outro

Lyrics - 5/5
    Beats - 4/5
    Overall - 4/5

Raekwon is lyrically in his prime on this album, some tracks were just really bad choices on here. He has some great shit on here though don't get me wrong though, Raekwon is chewing and spitting niggaz out on here, No Ghostface was kind of a letdown though. ****Overall 4/5****

Reviewed.
    Last edited by Hollow Dartz; 03-12-2011 at 09:27 PM.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Quote Originally Posted by iove View Post

lmmfao, its wonderful what smoking shitloads of weed can make you think is there, cos they sat for hours tryna get the pose right so that his shirt would..kinda-ish resemble the Wu logo, upsidedown, lol....

FRESH FISH

It always amazes me when people claim how good this album is. This was the first album where Wu started following trends instead of innovating them and the result was one of the biggest disappointments they've had. People don't hate on it bc it's not OBFCL, they hate on it bc it's sub par. Some of the negative points are lost if you weren't there when it came out. The most glaring failure of the album was Pop Shit. At the time Swizz Beats was blowing up and this beat is just a horribly obvious bite of his style. That's not what Wu was about but was the beginning of them getting lost and trying to ride off of what was hot at the time instead of staying true to what got them famous. There are some great tracks on the album:

The Table
    Real Life
    Jury
    Live From NY
    MY Favorite Dread
    Sneakers

The rest are sub par to average at best. Casablanca is ok but the fact that the beat to it and 100 rounds are almost identical and they are back to back is ridiculous. Fuck Them is just a horrible beat with an even worse hook. Power would be ok if not for horrible verses from ACT especially the line about "getting head from rock stars" WTF???

It's not a horrible album bc the good tracks are great but there's too much garbage and uncreative crap. When it came out it was a shock to everyone how bad a Wu album could be.

^^ I remember how much hate this album got when it arrived but I always loved this shit from day one. it does not sound like a Wu-Tang album but that does not mean it's wack, it's better than the previous solo albums Golden Arms Redemption, Nigga Please and Uncontrolled Substance. you gotta acknowledge that Raekwon fucking peaked on this album, at the time I thought NO other member of the Wu could fuck with him when it comes down to lyrics. Flow, metaphors, improved slang and story-telling is all perfected on this joint.. It's a shame some real wack beats got in the mix though, but delete about 4 beats and you have a crazy nice LP... nevermind, with or without it IS a crazy nice LP.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

yeah his flow and lyrcis are crazy on this lp, and there are some ill tracks (the table!!) but there are some really wack beats and some featurings are wack too

penalty boxed user Maccabee Ridah's Avatar

I voted superior...
    I listened this album just for a 3 times, when I get it, and 2 more, one tonight....

Well it is right album to hear it from time to time, but in longer time period of couple of months.........

It is far too from OB4CL, but still, it is OK album............

Let's say 5/10

Peace...................................
    -suuuuuuuuuuuu///

This album should be remixed.

My evidence, my own testament, written on wood
    Twelve tribes layin at the head of corners in hoods
    Hell razah

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    ^^ I remember how much hate this album got when it arrived but I always loved this shit from day one. it does not sound like a Wu-Tang album but that does not mean it's wack, it's better than the previous solo albums Golden Arms Redemption, Nigga Please and Uncontrolled Substance. you gotta acknowledge that Raekwon fucking peaked on this album, at the time I thought NO other member of the Wu could fuck with him when it comes down to lyrics. Flow, metaphors, improved slang and story-telling is all perfected on this joint.. It's a shame some real wack beats got in the mix though, but delete about 4 beats and you have a crazy nice LP... nevermind, with or without it IS a crazy nice LP.
    all those albums were dope man c'mon immobliarity is a fly album for any mood with songs as "Casablanca" and "Yae Yo" to "100 Rounds" to "Sneakers", etc. c'mon this album plus the two that came out around that time were some fire shit
    Last edited by SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS; 06-14-2008 at 02:22 AM.