• Above Average

10 17.24%
  • Average

9 15.52%
  • Wack

1 1.72%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Raekwon - Immobilarity

^^ I didn't mean that the other albums were wack, I'm just saying i liked "Immobilarity" most out of the bunch when it came out. They were all good albums but at the time they was released most thought they was dissapointing.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Makaveli Da Killah View Post
    I voted superior...
    I listened this album just for a 3 times, when I get it, and 2 more, one tonight....

Well it is right album to hear it from time to time, but in longer time period of couple of months.........

It is far too from OB4CL, but still, it is OK album............

Let's say 5/10

Peace...................................
    -suuuuuuuuuuuu///
    You voted for Superior but you rated the album 5/10?????
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

penalty boxed user Maccabee Ridah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    You voted for Superior but you rated the album 5/10?????
    Have u even read my post! I said, it is album for listening ones in couple of months! When i voted, I had listened it just for one time (whole album), but now, i have listened it again, and it sounded much worse than first time!!!

Capish..?!??!?!

Peace.....................
    -suuuuuuuuuu///

it's a good album just aint on the same level as cuban linx. My favorite joint is 100 rounds he kills that shit. "blow lines like chimes in the kitchen" It's got acouple weak beats like fuck them but it's a solid album so is lex diamond rae never dropped a wack album. cuban linx was like a gift and a curse for his career.
    "Fake niggas who tried to flex hard came and went, they couldn't match up wit the fly nigga wit his back against the wall. heads clock when i came in the door"-Ghostface Killah

Quote Originally Posted by num2son View Post
    I.m.m.o.b.i.l.a.r.i.t.y.

I remebered this word having every letter mean something. Does anyone know it?
    i master more apponents by implementing love and respect in the youth.
    "Fake niggas who tried to flex hard came and went, they couldn't match up wit the fly nigga wit his back against the wall. heads clock when i came in the door"-Ghostface Killah

loved this fuckin album favorite song was yae yo wooooooooooooooooooo
    Spilledge

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH

I liked some of the cuts off of this one

Forecast
    100 Rounds
    The Table

a few more, it wasnt Cuban Linx, but its definately not a shit sandwich
    I'm assuming that if Cuban Linx II ever comes out
    itll sound something like this, except with Rae's new lazy delivery...

Listenin to this album right now, got it yesterday.....I went off Chef for many months, just wasn't feelin him after the lex diamond story which was a rushed album...and just crap generally.....but this album is bringin my respect back for him. It's heavy

WELL DONE RAE

so far 8/10

(NEXT TRACK IS THE TABLE ....SO hMmMMmMm CANT WAIT GOSH AM ITCHING MY GLUTEUS MAXIMUS TO HEAR IT...I DON'T SKIP ALBUMS ..I HEAR THEM ALL THE WAY THROUGH........YES I EVEN HEARD U-GODS MR XCITEMENT ALL THE WAY THROUGH AN THAT WAS SOME TORTURE AND A HALF!!!)
    The black man is not GOD,
    All humans were created equally by Allah
    The only superior human is the one who posesses Piety!

ALLAH the almighty is not a man .......

Default Raekwon: Immobilarity

Since OB4CL2 is this year, I figured Id do a review on his slept on sophmore album, which was doomed, since it followed one of the most beloved Hip hop albums of all time.

1) Intro: The asian instrument that they used in he beginning should have played alone, without Rae talking that ‘’This is really based on politics’’ bullshit, Just said nothing like Meth did on Tical. Then the beat that starts at :58 could go in, and Rae could spit a few bars then go into track 2.
    6/10 since they ruined it with the talking

2) Yae Yo: The beat is amazing, and the only thing missing is what A lot of these tracks are missing, A Ghost face appearance. Also, It was too short.
    8/10

3)Casablanca: If I didn’t know, I would have thought Rza did the beat, but he didn’t. I like the lyrics, and its like Rae was in rare form here.
    7/10

4) 100 Rounds: The beat is missing something, Even years ago when I copped this, I always thought this beat could have had more to it. I KNOW, Ghost face. But lyrically, This is one of Raes best on this album
    7/10

5) Real life: The hook is repetitive, BUT I like it, It could have been a Wu song if he wasn’t being stingy with the appearances.
    8/10

6)Power: Ft American Cream Team, I almost NEVER like crews of most people. They tend to be nothing more than typical local rappers that the person who made it said would put them on if they made it. Hence A.C.T, And with them being the rare guests of this mostly solo album. They kinda ruined this song. The beat is pretty basic too
    5/10

7)Skit: The skit was dumb, but most skits are

8)All that I got it you part 2: The fact that he did this is cool, I wont lie. It was pretty tough, but it didn’t do what the original did, It didn’t touch me.
    7/10

9) Jury: One of the best Beats on the album, It was begging for either Masta killa or U-god to lace it with Rae, but as I stated before, he didn’t have many people on here. Lyrically one of his best, period. The hook is great as well, it could have got him radio play.
    9/10

10) Fuck them: Ft Method Man. This is probably the only true ‘’Wu’’ song on the album. The hook is great, and you can tell the beat took rae back to the classic Rza type era, though Rza didn’t make it. Meths verse is mint as usual
    9/10

11) Skit 2: It was moderately funny.

12) Live from NY: This was the first and I think only single of the album, and it deserves it. The beat is amazing, and EASILY could have fit on the purple tape. Lyrically you can tell he was going for radio play.
    9/10

13) My favorite Dred: The song was about a minute to short, The looped piano is very Rza like, and Rae laced it nice. I just wish Gza could have been on it.
    8/10

14) Friday: I could have done without the beginning talking and shit, But the beat is great, Ghost would have MURKED this joint. But Rae was on point. The sample is nice as well.
    9/10

15) The Table: Ft Masta Killa, Easily the best track on the album, My personal favorite. The beat is sad, dark, but emotional. I think that Killa outshined him on this joint though
    10/10

16) Sneakers: You have raekwon talking about kicks, but NO GHOSTFACE? What. The beat is cool, and I could have seen Ghost and U-god on this one
    7/10 for not having Ghost on it

17)Raw: A beat and a song, That Redman and Method should have had. BUT since they didn’t, This just ended up being the weakest song on the album
    4/10

18)Pop shit: This joint is on some Swiss beatz shit, and a lame attempt to get Pop points. I could hear Eve on this, which is NOT a good thing
    5/10

19)Heart to Heart: Dirty, Odb, should have been on here. I could hear him going crazy over this, With Cappa. Rae just didn’t sound right on this. And the beat is just ass to me. It almost sounds like he dissing Wu, but Im sure hes not.
    5/10

20) Forecast: This beat screamed for Ghost, again, and again…No Ghost. This was and is a skipped song almost each time. But it’s a city shout out song.
    6/10

21) Outro: A weak way to end the album, Seriously

Id give this a a c+
    Last edited by Twiztid-Wutang; 03-05-2009 at 11:19 PM.

you know, i've never heard this album.

if you rate casablance 7/10 then im sure its a classic.

Quote Originally Posted by ThaShaolinAssassin View Post

You should cop it, Its actually kinda underrated. Im sure you'll like it

Quote Originally Posted by ThaShaolinAssassin View Post

Quote Originally Posted by twiztid_wutang View Post
    You should cop it, Its actually kinda underrated. Im sure you'll like it
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by twiztid_wutang View Post
    10) Fuck them: Ft Method Man. This is probably the only true ‘’Wu’’ song on the album. The hook is great, and you can tell the beat took rae back to the classic Rza type era, though Rza didn’t make it. Meths verse is mint as usual
    9/10
    AHAHAHAHAHHAHAhahahaAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHhsqahisq.;ih AHAHAHAHAHHAHAhahahahhahahahaAHHAHAhahahaAHHAhsajk hnaql.kwhnd.wjn

That song contains possible the worst, if not THE worst beat the Wu have ever done. Are you fuckin serious? That song is terrible!

2/10 at FUCKIN BEST

meet me in the lobby TommySuits's Avatar

Power is one of the top songs on this album....no 5/10

Table is the Best song on the album.
    Stay Off The F*&?%$' Flowers