Thread: Belly

Default Belly

just saw Belly - never herd about it till today - Actors Inc. Nas - D.M.X. - Meth - T-boz (tlc) im sure you boi's in the states have herd all about it - what'd ya'll think. im still a bit if-e if i like it or not, hype does a great job on the cinematog but yeah - wonder'n what ya'll thort. peace

▓PNL Productionz▓ 4th Day Legend's Avatar

It's a nice movie, I think those who listen hip-hop like this movie a bit more, I liked the acting, NAS & DMX hold it down, Meth's role was mad
    nothing too bad in this movie that I remember, but it reminded me of scarface, few takes from the movie, was just like in the scarface
    But I would give something like 7.5/10...
    ...peace

nas did a horrible job at acting, if you dont mind me saying, meth n dmx were ok as usual. but yeah - no love for nas in movies - what did you think about the end ? peace

Yeah the movie was kinda tight. I remember reading an article in Vibe after it came out where Hype was talking about all the things he wanted to do in the movie but couldn't cause New Line wouldn't give him the budget. He pulled the race card on them but all in all it came out just fine IMO. Ain't DMX's girl in the movie fine as hell though?

My favorite part is when Nas and DMX go to Virginia and Big (The corny looking motherfucker with the coke bottle glasses and the bad perm) is on the corner with his boys eating a banana talkin about droppin a dime on em. I do that part everytime I eat one, gotta make you get all that banana funk on your lips when you do it though
    Still Ain't Nuttin Ta Fuk Wit

hahhaa me too bloo hook !! lol the banana scene was hilarious.. Unknown fact all the scenes with the jazz soundtrack playing were actual recordings of Nas's father Olu Dara.
    http://images.meez.com/user07/3/9/3/0/8/3/9/3930839_bodyshot_175x233.gif

hahaha yeah i was hella stoned when watchin it (like most movies) and i was like intranced by those strings of banana was a wierd moment - props for the movie info to Mr Brown

No doubt No doubt. The shoot out scene at the strip club with Method man was actually filmed in Irvington New Jersey.. On Dvd there is a new special edition out. I will be gettin my copy this weekend instead of a white cover it comes with a black cover and more goodies. Mech if it's not available in your country for you i can pick up an extra dvd and send it to you homie... just holla!
    http://images.meez.com/user07/3/9/3/0/8/3/9/3930839_bodyshot_175x233.gif

horroble movie.. beat up plot, dull acting especially nas' monotonous performace... thank god herb williams went back to directing music videos...

Wu Vatican

i thought it was good. a good message in it if you got it.

"who want test meh"-that og jamacian dude was ill. too bad he had to get taken out by a bitch.
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

Quote Originally Posted by whitey
    i thought it was good. a good message in it if you got it.

"who want test meh"-that og jamacian dude was ill. too bad he had to get taken out by a bitch.
    yeah he takes down some punks, what a tripper, meths shoot up the club scene pissed me off, cant believe he got punked like that, shot some shit up b4 he went down tho hahaha, hows when he is leaving the club all fuct up.... just takes a random shot at the cop car..... and im sure he kills the muthafuka, car stops ? - ima go watch the movie again in a minute.

Yeah, Meth was crazy in that movie man He was like Scarface, just kept getting shot but his ass wouldn't lay down.

Well until the end anyway when Kiesha fucked him up.
    Still Ain't Nuttin Ta Fuk Wit

Only part I really liked was some ish DMX and Nas said, Ox held it down though, and Pelpa (r.i.p bogle) it was an o.k movie styll, the ending reminded me too much of Scarface.

R.I.P ODB//R.I.P BOGLE

no diss or nothing but how is a preacher conversing with a lost soul on his last minutes commpared to tony's empire crumbling losing his best friend in the world, his sister, his main conection in south america, his life with a thousand bullets "i take all your fucking bullets, you wanna play rough, ok"

i ......... dont...see the connection. peace

Some parts of the movie dragged on, but i overall liked the movie. My favorite part is the beginning when they're robbing the club with all the strobes, silencers and glow contacts. The strip club scene is pretty tight too, i heard that supposedly ghostface is the cat that picks up mef in the car. The soundtrack is real nice too.