• mediocre

5 3.31%
  • poor

1 0.66%
  • wack

1 0.66%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Ghostface - The Pretty Toney Album

Tush is pretty good but Ghostface is not. That is my least favorite Ghostface track.

But I never said the album was bad. I love this album. I play it all the way through also.

Scientifical Ninja Orion Nebulus's Avatar

The album is basically average.... I expected better. "buscuits", "run'' are trully the standout out tracks. I only wished the whole album were up to par with those songs I mentioned.

"One arm bandit..stab companions with intricate sentences...battle crews single- handed..with cannons that blow you from here to other planets."

I don't like this album, BPW was waaaay better. Pretty Toney doesn't sound Wu-Tangish at all for me (besides Run and Biscuits). Anyway, there's a one song I really love and it's Be This Way

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Deini
    Damn man I respect everybody's opinion but shit some a y'all sleepin. This album is a banga man. Yeah it ain't Ghost's best, yeah it aint the best solo Wu-Tang album but that don't mean it isn't good. Run, Beat the Clock, Biscuits, and of course those dope ass soul beats. My moms is real into Soul and I been listenin to that shit for a long time so when Ghost samples that shit i'm right at home. Save Me Dear, Be That Way, and Holla are all ill. Shit Holla is prolly one of my top 10 Ghost tracks of all time.

8.5/10
    yeah agree wit this review fully theres maybe two tracks i don't feel which is tush and tooken back which i think could of been replaced with either toney's money or that new splash or my guitar track

Yeah def a sick album. Not every Ghost album has to be the same.

all i gotta say is Kunta Fly Shit swallows a good lot of ghost's earlier work and previous work that that shit is RAWWWWW, the album is amazing, far above rap standards expecially in this day and age, and up to par with Wu standards even in the ealier days. I can see why Tush could have been a turn off for people, but that's it's only flaw, a girl gave me the album, censored, and i still bump that shit when i can, it gets better everyti me you hear it, i think it's equal to Fishscale, except fishscale has no weak tracks, but they're all average or slightly above and few real standouts, and P.tone has severally wack tracks, but phenominally good ones and several standouts so the same balance is maintained

This is ghost's shittest album, but even his shittiest is ten times better than alot of the bullshit that comes out now *cough* 50 cent *cough*

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

yeah yyeah wuttup thatīs m yalbum right there!!! itīs not my favorite wu album cuz i donīt suck my own dick but itīs quite cool.. new kinda style all that singin and rappin at the same time.. really inovative even tho ghost cries like a btch and shit gets anoying after a while.. haha just like me
    TONEY
    PRETTY TONEY

have i told yaīll lateley how much i hate on a fam?

dedicated to wu tang

4/5 in my opinion.. favorite track has always been Kunta Fly Shit, even though its mad short. And Holla has to be my favorite track that he completely rapped over an old beat...

Tush, Tooken Back, and Ghostface were the 3 average to bad tracks.. Tush especially. It wouldve been a 5 if they removed those and some skits, but he always has skits so...

To be 100% honest, I think this album shits all over fishscale.... fish scale was some... average shit to me.

When he gets some good production he can rip the shit to pieces... especially with soul samples.
    Last edited by GhostFan; 08-04-2006 at 11:12 PM.
    There's certain tricks of the trade to try and hault your defeat//Like taking tupperware to an "all you can eat"//Returning used shit for new saying you lost your receipt//And writing four figure checks when your accounts deplete//Then all your problems pile up about a mile up//Thinkin about a partner you can dial up to help you out this foul stuff//Whole family sleepin on a futon while you're clippin coupons//Eatin salad tryin to get full off the croutons

this is a good album... kunta fly sh!t shuda been longer itz real nice... but i can enjoy this album most of the way thru
    dat everBlissfulOne

Are U Watching Closely? 11th Chamber's Avatar

"Be This Way" is one of the craziest tracks I have ever heard. Easily the best on there

Quote Originally Posted by 11th Chamber View Post
    "Be This Way" is one of the craziest tracks I have ever heard. Easily the best on there
    I agree

I Loved The Album I Thought It Was One Of His Best Albums Kinda Soulful And Had Alot Of Cuts Takin Out Of Older Songs But I Personally Liked Tha Album

Great album.

Veteran Member

so many ghostface cds came out around the same time
    but pretty toney was a little above average imo
    i was going to say paychecks is my fav song but realized it was on theodore unit