Thread: Texas Hip-hop

Default Texas Hip-hop

I know Austin isn't known for it's hip-hop scene but our very own Bavu Blakes is pretty fuckin live for no one knowin about him. Check out this link and scroll all the way down to "Distractions" for intial impressions, then check the rest of 'em out. There some quality tracks here for sho'. Post some feedback if you feelin' that shit, and if not

http://www.w4wmusic.com/

Support the Real. Click HERE

10 views and no love for the ATX. If you hear any rhyming, and you know it ain't some East Coast shit, do you automatically tune it out? Just curious.

There are only a few cats that I know here that are fans of Texas hiphop.

It is partially true that some will prefer not to take a listen (even though many would like some of the shit). But face it....not many people here know who K-Rino or Klondike are.

Most southern hip hop never got widely distributed until now.

^Word, back in the day all you had was Outkast and the Getoboys. But I think it's cool when you stumble across someone you never heard of who's not getting major label support but still has a lot of talent. Besides, just cuz someone is from a certain area isn't a guarentee of actual sound or content matter.
    Do you have any links to check out who you mentioned? cuz ur right, I have no idea who they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Unseen
    Do you have any links to check out who you mentioned? cuz ur right, I have no idea who they are.
    Cant think of any links off hand, but I am also a mod at another message board where people listen to all kind of hip hop and many members are southern rap oriented. Perhaps they can give you a few tracks.

http://hiphop4eva.phorumz.com/

Shittin on E-Gangstas WuTangWarrior's Avatar

i'm startin to listen to that Z-RO dude man, he nice

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH mister wooz's Avatar

10 views and no love for the ATX. If you hear any rhyming, and you know it ain't some East Coast shit, do you automatically tune it out? Just curious.
    yes

black girls think im sexy stak84's Avatar

dont know why everyone hates on them so much,
    they rap about theyre hood, where they from,
    and what its about down there, but you always
    gonna have people hatin.

PS
    devin tha dude
    z-ro
    chamillionare
    paul wall

all good imo

"Ford, Chev, whateva you got//
    don't mean shit if the shit ain't hot"

Just wondering: Whats the hip-hop scene in Texas like anyways? This is an odd coincidence because I might be moving to Austin in a few months and i've been wondering.

on a day to day the scene is alright^ as far as hip-hop. You'll definetly get the chance to see some great shows. I'm going to a free Blackalicious concert tmmrw for SxSW. I've seen Damien Marley, Ghostface, and Saul Williams in the last year and a 1/2 since I've been here. I've missed some great ones as well like Talib and Pharoah Monche (Mos wouldv'e been there as well but canceled) the same night I saw Dave Chappelle when he came to town. Immortal Technique was in town tonight with Jedi Mind Tricks but I had to go to class and I can't afford to miss any more school. Austin itself is a really great place to live. I see myself being here for life.

on a day to day the scene is alright^ as far as hip-hop. You'll definetly get the chance to see some great shows. I'm going to a free Blackalicious concert tmmrw for SxSW. I've seen Damien Marley, Ghostface, and Saul Williams in the last year and a 1/2 since I've been here. I've missed some great ones as well like Talib and Pharoah Monche (Mos wouldv'e been there as well but canceled) the same night I saw Dave Chappelle when he came to town. Immortal Technique was in town tonight with Jedi Mind Tricks but I had to go to class and I can't afford to miss any more school. Austin itself is a really great place to live. I see myself being here for life.
    Cool, thanks for the info. As far as I know it seems to be a big music town, which would be awesome for me. Seems like an awesome place overall so i'm pretty excited.