crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stak84
    there were latino slaves, why do you think the
    latinos from central america and the carribean
    are so dark, it was called the triangular trade,
    the mixing of latinos and africans, cuban, puerto
    rican for example, so yes they can use it,
    do ya homework
    ok my bad there were latino slaves i respect your point. but i didnt mean it like that, i meant the origins of the particuler word in question came from the African slaves, and was always used to the African slaves, so thats basically why I cant get used to Latinos using the word.

But whatever anyway, its not like you can say anyone person can have ownership over any word. i think the word has now taken on a bigger/different meaning now, and the history of it is no longer as important to some people.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Legato
    simple ideal of trying to turn something negative within our communities into something positive.
    Truth.......blacks have been called niggers for years (and like it or not it still happens today).....so we have taken it and made it a sign of "friendship" so to speak.......when u say what's up nigga u saying that person is tight wit u.........

Quote Originally Posted by ilzPotent
    First of all....this is one dumb thread...

and I got a question for you, you think its okay for a black man to say what up nigga to another black man? Thats hypocritical... One blood.

The Moon Knight

I'm white, and I wouldn't think of using the word, out of respect for the people that get offended by it, and so I wont be linked together with all the white racists using the word.
    It's amazing how much a word can mean to people.

Some questions though, directed to black people.
    How do you feel if a non-black person uses the word in certain situations?
    For example, rapping along at a concert? A teacher mentioning the word (not using the term "n-word") when talking about the slavery? etc, is there "justified" situations for using the word?
    He Who Professes The Faith Will Excel:
    And To Whatever You Accustom Yourself
    You Will Grow Accustomed To.
    Blessing To The Reader.

Wu Vatican

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMan
    For example, rapping along at a concert? A teacher mentioning the word (not using the term "n-word") when talking about the slavery? etc, is there "justified" situations for using the word?
    wtf why would a teacher not be able to use it in that context of teaching history?
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

Poet Of The Streets

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMan
    I'm white, and I wouldn't think of using the word, out of respect for the people that get offended by it, and so I wont be linked together with all the white racists using the word.
    It's amazing how much a word can mean to people.

I'm a white dude and I spilled that word at the Wu concert at Baltimore when I was rappin' along to some of the songs??? Who gives a fuck though??? anyways it's bullshit like this that is keepin' the racial war alive, it a word with a bad orgin now grow the fuck up and get over it. I don't use it (except once in my writtens) and don't care to but I COMPLETELY AGREE that no one race has any ownership of any one word. HOW THE FUCK CAN YOU OWN A WORD, HISTORY OR NOT.

“You can only be destroyed by believing that you really are what the white world calls a nigger” (James Baldwin)
    So if you get offended by anyone else other than Blacks using the slang of that word them SHAME ON YOU. You got no self-respect.
    Peace and Love.

The Moon Knight

Quote Originally Posted by whitey
    wtf why would a teacher not be able to use it in that context of teaching history?
    I don't know, I was just asking to see what the general opinion on the board was....
    He Who Professes The Faith Will Excel:
    And To Whatever You Accustom Yourself
    You Will Grow Accustomed To.
    Blessing To The Reader.

Audio System/Diamond ShaolinDarts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Legato
    simple ideal of trying to turn something negative within our communities into something positive.
    I get you. But them people thats going to say the word 'nigga' or 'nigger' in a derogatory way is going to say it regardless. Desensitise it, use it forever or whatever but when a certain type of person says it, it will always be hurtful.
    That's why we do the do, just know who is who, acknowledge me all day, and understand Wu is Wu - Chef Raekwon

I'm hood ornaments, junkies win awards in my tournaments - Chef Raekwon

Audio System/Diamond ShaolinDarts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Of Poetry
    Truth.......blacks have been called niggers for years (and like it or not it still happens today).....so we have taken it and made it a sign of "friendship" so to speak.......when u say what's up nigga u saying that person is tight wit u.........
    But no matter how many times you or other black people say that friendly, it will never stop a racist using it and more importantly it will always be derogatory when a racist uses it.
    That's why we do the do, just know who is who, acknowledge me all day, and understand Wu is Wu - Chef Raekwon

I'm hood ornaments, junkies win awards in my tournaments - Chef Raekwon

I Think Its Fine As Long As Its Not Used In A Derogatory Fashion, To Me Blacks & Hispanics Is The Same Thing.

Wu Vatican

Quote Originally Posted by MANTIS69
    I Think Its Fine As Long As Its Not Used In A Derogatory Fashion, To Me Blacks & Hispanics Is The Same Thing.

spanish and portugues decendents (granted there was a lot of mixing with african slaves but that doesnt mean all are. but essentially thats why from mexico down its spanish/portugues influenced) are the same as blacks?
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

Quote Originally Posted by MANTIS69
    ... To Me Blacks & Hispanics Is The Same Thing.
    yeah...they are all the same....all trash.....muhahahahaaaaaaa!!!!

no, let´s be friends.....all black and white. natino lation. asiatix.