Thread: Soccer

I watched the Napoli-Dnipro game and Napoli should of won 4-0 but they are just too wasteful. Dnipro's goal was half a mile offside too and was also their only shot on goal, even their coach said they were extremely lucky.

Bayern with some truly shocking defending against Barcelona.

Barca in the 2nd half seem to have taken their foot off the pedal
    They shouldve tied it near the end. I guess Messi was surprised Neymar was gonna pass it to him.

Juve Vs Real should be good!
    watch out for Tevez

courtesy of Bobby_Digital72

Non Ignorants

Juveee!!!!! what a game Juve deserved it. I don't know about the final but I think they have a chance, great to see the old lady back at the top of European football. Suarez vs Cheillini round 2 should be interesting.

Still after so many years a team hasn't won the champions league back to back.

^ Yup that was one heck of a game.
    Real really missed alot of chance on that!
    I thought they would score in the last couple of minutes.

Final is June 06 2015!!

Should be a good one!!

Non Ignorants

Barca win La Liga, not surprising but when you consider how they started the season its amazing that they can win the treble now. They didn't have the best of starts.

Gerrard's last game at Anfield, emotional, what a player and a true legend. Genuinely sad, Liverpool won't be the same without him.

Onto to the awesome Turkish league. 8 days ago Besiktas were leaders on goal difference, 8 days later and 3 games gone with 2 left to play we are officially out of it. Got 2 draws and a loss today, (conceded from a corner kick), played some really bad teams as well. While our rivals Galatasaray and Fenerbahce won all their games 1-0 by scoring in the last minutes of the game. Epic choke job, pretty much spells the end of the Slaven Bilic era. I think the fact he is such a cool character overshadows his abilities as a coach.

^ I really thought Real was gonna win la liga and the champions
    and im a Barca fan!

Its gonna be a great game vs the old lady !

Gerrard is pure class! I thought he would retire at liverpool but he will be great in the MLS.
    Gerrard was one of the few players who stuck with their club > money !
    He will be missed! I just wish they would've won the game for him !
    Last edited by chiba; 05-22-2015 at 03:24 PM.

Non Ignorants

my home team AA Gent just won the Belgian championship title for the very first time

YESSS
    Retired.

^ Hey congrats
    usually its Anderlecht or Brugge (sometimes standard Liege) that end up winning it

Real sacked Carlo Antelotti and will receive half of his final year's salary (4 Million)

Napoli's Rafa Benitez is next in line to coach Real Madrid
    Ancelotti is going to take a leave. I wouldnt be surprised i he went back to AC Milan

Arsenal will be bidding on Benzema
    Khedira might be leaving madrid for Juve
    Pogba set to join either R.Madrid or Barca

Non Ignorants

Dybala signed for Juventus for nearly 50m

Sevilla win the UEFA cup again, it would be shocking if someone else won the competition. I was really rooting for Dnipro, they played well but Sevilla were by far the better team.

What about the corruption scandal with FIFA? who would have thought FIFA were corrupt, utter shocking..

Whats surprising is that its an FBI investigation, you would have expected the order for the arrests to come out of Europe but the investigation focuses on Latin America and the 2018 and 2022 World cup bids. Should give Blatter a headache right before Fifa elections as well.

Qatar should definitely be stripped from hosting 2022 mainly because they treat the men building the stadiums like utter shit, how many have died? god knows.

--- Jack Warner, Indicted Ex-FIFA Official, Cites Article In 'The Onion' To Rip U.S.

Former FIFA vice president Jack Warner from Trinidad and Tobago was among the 14 officials charged in the Justice Department's investigation into global soccer corruption last week. On Sunday, Warner posted a video on Facebook to assert his innocence and rip the United States.

To bolster his case, Warner tried to expose the U.S. of being guilty of a double standard. His proof? An article published in the wake of the indictments titled FIFA Frantically Announces 2015 Summer World Cup In United States.

"If FIFA is so bad, why is it the USA wants to keep the FIFA World Cup?" Warner says on the video while holding a printout of the article.

The problem? The article is from The Onion, the satirical website.

So how does Sepp Blatter keep winning re-election as FIFA president? He can thank guys like Jack Warner.

Warner, 72, faces 12 charges including accusations of accepting bribes in the process to determine hosts for the World Cup in 1998 (France) and 2010 (South Africa).

http://yahoo.thepostgame.com/blog/da...-onion-article

I for one would've loved to see the world cup hosted in the USA than Qatar.

As if nobody suspected anything when Russia and Qatar won the WC bids
    Last edited by chiba; 06-01-2015 at 03:11 PM.

Non Ignorants

Well Blatter is officially gone, thank the footballing gods. However its not like shit will change at FIFA, money rules and corruption is embedded into FIFA from ground up.

As with the world cups, I do not mind a Russian world cup i do think they will be worthy hosts on the basis that its one of the biggest sporting nations, has a respectable league and a lot of good players. Its a football nation at the end of the day and most of the infrastructure is already in place. However much corruption went on nobody can deny that Russia deserve to host such a tournament.

Qatar is an entirely different story, no sporting history, nothing to do with football apart from sponsoring Barca and buying PSG. Plus the stadiums are being built by modern day slaves. 2022 should have gone to Australia, the US had it in 94 would be wrong to give it to them again. Australia have the stadiums and plus you know the stadiums would be full in every game and the atmosphere would be great. Too bad the Aussies don't know how to pay people off.

Quote Originally Posted by HANZO View Post
    Well Blatter is officially gone, thank the footballing gods. However its not like shit will change at FIFA, money rules and corruption is embedded into FIFA from ground up.

As with the world cups, I do not mind a Russian world cup i do think they will be worthy hosts on the basis that its one of the biggest sporting nations, has a respectable league and a lot of good players. Its a football nation at the end of the day and most of the infrastructure is already in place. However much corruption went on nobody can deny that Russia deserve to host such a tournament.

Qatar is an entirely different story, no sporting history, nothing to do with football apart from sponsoring Barca and buying PSG. Plus the stadiums are being built by modern day slaves. 2022 should have gone to Australia, the US had it in 94 would be wrong to give it to them again. Australia have the stadiums and plus you know the stadiums would be full in every game and the atmosphere would be great. Too bad the Aussies don't know how to pay people off.
    Agreed on the points you made.
    Not a big fan of Russia hosting it. They are beefing with Ukrane and the USA.
    So who knows if tensions will flair in the coming years. Maybe Russia will be on their best behavior and when the

I would've loved for Australia to have gotten the world cup!
    I had no idea they were bidding for 2022.
    I think /hope Fifa will cancel the Qatar WC and give it to either Australia or USA.
    There is talks about Qatar being stripped and a slim chance Russia gets stripped ....If Russia gets stripped of the WC ,England is the favorite to host it
    http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...-10292941.html

Canada is hosting the womens world cup
    anyone gonna be watching that?

Fifa will always be corrupt however, I had no idea it was registered as a charity

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-13616328
    Last edited by chiba; 06-02-2015 at 06:06 PM.

Non Ignorants