Page 649 of 654 FirstFirst ... 149549599639640641642643644645646647648649650651652653654 LastLast
Results 9,721 to 9,735 of 9803

Thread: Soccer

Shaolin Student

Ozil's case shows how much political pull Erdogan posesses. I also feel a bit pity for Ozil because he might have been put in a position where he had to decide for 'one side of his heart'. What would have happened to him if he had denied the picture to Erdogan? Another candidate to be put in the terrorist corner.

Ozil met Erdogan before the German media didn't say anything then. He met him again and they blew a lid just because they had it in for Ozil and the other Turkish players.

Emre Can was invited he didn't go and nothing happened to him. Not even the despicable Erdogan media said anything about Emre Can. Erdogan likes to build friendships with footballers to boost his image but nobody voted for Erdogan because he took a picture with Ozil. A lot of Turks saw Ozil and Gundogan as traitors. Still a lot of Turks are firing at Ozil for picking Germany calling him a 'house nigger'. All this has done is give Erdogan and his cronies more ammunition when they need to attack a European country for political gain. They are going to milk this for all its worth.

Theres now massive pressure on Gundogan to retire, his social media is being mobbed by Turks telling him to retire. What this has done is actually made it incredibly difficult for German born Turks to actually pick Germany from now on. Not because of a political backlash Erdogan ain't gonna do shit but the people are gonna hound them for picking Germany.

Shaolin Student

Enes Kanter's (NBA) and Deniz Naki's cases show that you don't mess around with Erdogan. Even though they did a bit more than just deniying a picture. I don't know how Emre Can is perceived in the AKP community after rejecting Erdogan. Erdogan needs his people to hound the nay-sayers, it's part of his system. I don't blame Ozil for retiring. The German Football Association clearly instrumentalized him as a brand of multiculturalism and threw him away when he lost his worth. The relationship was built on racism. I agree with you about how the media treated him. They didn't give a shit when Merkel shook hands with grey wolf leader Cemal Cetin on the NATO summit mid of July.

You can't really compare the case of Kanter and Naki with Ozil. Enes Kanter is a retard, he isn't fighting for democracy or freedom of expression. He has sided with an Islamist cult leader who himself had his cronies imprison countless innocent Turks. Same with Hakan Sukur, he was the golden boy for the Islamists in Turkey benefitting hugely from it. He even had a few national team coaches fired for not picking him in the squad even though he could barely play. Ofcourse back then he was Erdogan's boy to and went into politics now he lives in exile in California. On Kanter he could of just kept his mouth shut but the guy is weird. Countless times even before the whole thing with Erdogan happened he didn't turn up to the national teams camp. He said he would come but didn't pissing off the national team coach and the players. In the end the players themselves didn't want him. Then the thing with Erdogan followed.

Deniz Naki openly supports the PKK and thats got nothing to do with Erdogan. Thats like if Ozil said he supports ISIS. In Turkey your not getting away with shit like that. These examples are brought up but they are the wrong examples. The best examples are of sportsmen who openly show support to Erdogan and how they are rewarded. Hedo Turkoglu a former NBA player is now one of Erdogan's advisors and also the chairman of the Turkish basketball federation. The way he became chairman of the federation was the sad part. Another Turkish basketball legend was chairman and doing a really good job, he was one day invited to the palace and he left crying. Next day he announced his resignation and Turkoglu got voted in as the new chairman. In football players like Arda Turan, Burak Yilmaz openly showed support for Erdogan. Not picture taking but openly declaring support. So when Barcelona wanted to get rid of Arda no Turkish team wanted him apart from one. Thats Basaksehir and they are a team run my Erdogan family members and businessmen close to Erdogan. They loaned Arda Turan. Thing is it backfired because that team was leading the Turkish league in January, Arda Turan came in fucked up team chemistry and they ended up 3rd. Arda also got a 10 match ban for pushing a linesman and on top he quickly became the most hated Turkish player getting booed in every stadium. Even in pro-Erdogan cities, wherever he goes he gets booed. Declaring his political support for Erdogan is one of the reasons why he gets booed but he is also a cunt to who attacked a 70 year old journalist before a national team game and created a fuss during Euro 2016 after he demanded he and the players get a 600,000 euro bonus each.

In terms of football this just means theres a better chance for the Turkish FA to recruit young Turkish-German players. Ozil was a key factor in players like Gundogan, Emre Can, Demirbay picking Germany. In this period Hakan Calhanoglu was the only high profile prospect to pick Turkey over Germany. The manner in which Ozil retired will swing favour back to the Turkish FA. They are already milking the situation, this has been a goldmine for Erdogan and his media. Talking about it all day and how they were 'right' in calling Germany 'fascist'. Ozil's families home town had a picture of Ozil wearing a Germany shirt the mayor said he will remove it and replace the picture that Ozil took with Erdogan. I hate it when Europeans give Erdogan and his dicksuckers this sort of material to feed off. They are never gonna shut up about it.

Shaolin Student

Thanks for the details. I took Kanter and Naki as examples of sportsmen who openly challenged Erdogan/AKP on the political field and therefore took a further step than Emre Can for instance. Ozil stayed a 'silent supporter' of Erdogan and seemingly took his side over the GFA. That's at least how many people see it. Saying the PKK is the same evil as ISIS because they're both 'terrorist' is part of Erdo's propaganda. He did the same with Kanter and Gulen. This way of thinking doesn't bring us far. But I don't think that you are sharing this simplicity.
    Last edited by JaSchu; 07-24-2018 at 12:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JaSchu View Post
    Not denying structural racism in Germany, the Erdogan pictures were just stupid and naive. I believe Ozil that he was doing this out of 'respect' etc. But you can't be non-political in a situation like this. It seems Ozil is not the most clever dude. Gundogan won't retire.
    Agreed on every point you made.

Ozil should have stayed on just to silence people. Fuck racism.
    Retired.

Shaolin Student

Now Loew says that he wasn't informed about Ozil's retirement until he read it on the internet...

^^ wow

imho Löw has no business coaching die Mannschaft anymore. Sure he has achieved the greatest feats with his team. And I mean, I can understand long term commitment, long term plans and consistency too, but I think it's fair to say the national team could do with a jolt right now, in the form of a new coach. just my two cents though. It's not like I coach or anything. I wish the team all the best, which is why I think a new coach could be a solution

Peace.
    Retired.

Shaolin Student

Agreed, he needs to go. As well as Grindel and Bierhoff. The team doctor Mueller-Wohlfahrt already left the boat.

Well finally a good decision by UEFA. The whole Nations league thing for me anyway has been positive. It's good to see more competitive internationals with equal strength teams. No more pointless friendlies or qualifying games where you only ever had 1 or 2 competitive games in the entire group phase.

This must be it. The year Liverpool finally win the fucking premier league. 6 points clear, team looks invincible, Van Dijk is a defensive God, Salah scoring, Shaq playing fantastic off the bench. If Liverpool don't win this season they might as well shut up shop.

Serie A is finished already.

La Liga seems more interesting than before. Quite competitive. So is the Bundesliga. Bloody Ajax look brilliant.

The best league ofcourse the epic Turkish league where after VAR came into play none of the big 3 are in the top 4. The government funded team are 6 points clear. Galatasaray are horrible. Besiktas are god awful and cause they couldn't pay Pepe his wage, he terminated his contract. Negredo did the same at the beginning of the season, so our striker force is old man Vagner Love and Canadian Cyle Larin who is fucking terrible. Then you have Karius in goal. FUCKING LOL. Already conceded a couple shocking goals. Team got knocked out of the Europa league. It's been one of the worst starts to the league ever. Iv never been so pissed off watching football. It pisses me off even more knowing I'm a member of the club paying membership fee's and the clubs being run into the ground by some bums. Every game this season has been a nightmare.

Then we come to Fenerbahce who started the season with Philip Cocu in charge. They are currently 17th. 16 points out of 17 games, the worst season they are having ever. It's fucking shocking. Cocu was just bad as coach, they sacked him early. Erwin Koeman took charge for a bit, the team was still shocking. I mean VAR has balanced out the league. Smaller teams aren't getting fucked over as much, but Fenerbahce are really bad. Everyone saying theres not a chance they get relegated, before you could say the refs would save them. But VAR has changed the game. If they get relegated the country would implode.

Anyone watching the EU qualifiers?

champions league anyone?

Liverpool are Champs

and this was the highlight of the game lol

https://thespun.com/more/soccer/cham...insey-wolanski

courtesy of Bobby_Digital72

Non Ignorants

Boring game would've been way better if Ajax would've been there.

Yeah poor game. The 2 teams just looked off. Tottenham making so many passing errors, horrible decision making as well. Starting Harry Kane and keeping him on for 90 minutes was just disastrous, guy hasn't played in months and you stick him on the pitch against Van Dijk in such hot temperatures.

Liverpool weren't good either plenty of hopeful long balls that didn't reach their destination. Don't know why both teams were so shit. Maybe because the lack of football in 3 weeks or the weather. Still don't matter Liverpool wins and they fully deserved it. Glad Klopp finally got a big trophy still though I would have preferred the Premiership title.

This season has been a good case for where football is going. The money in the Premier league is overshadowing the game. La Liga can't compete anymore. I mean just 2-3 years ago Sevilla would have taken the top premiership teams now though they just can't compete with such financial power. The Bundesliga has fallen back and Italy as well. It's just Bayern and Juve that can compete at the highest level. The French league has become a joke as well.