Page 652 of 654 FirstFirst ... 152552602642643644645646647648649650651652653654 LastLast
Results 9,766 to 9,780 of 9803

Thread: Soccer

Agreed on the penalty picks for England.

Good final to watch.
    Retired.

Yeah…… Everyone will blame England and the penalty takers but I think the Italian goalkeeper is a good one? Also I knew Italy was going to win but I feel sorry for England because I thought/was hoping England was going to win. My only hope is that England will win a World Cup before I die (Fingers crossed)?

yeah Donnarumma is a good goal keeper, esp for being so young. still not the best choices for penalty shooters on England's part

now on to the Nations League in October, which to me is a pretty pointless competition. but hey, a competition is a competition I guess

we're gonna get another match between Spain and Italy, will be interesting to compare the games. then there's Belgium vs France

IDK about England winning a world cup. the way they played during the Euro championship, apart perhaps from some of the games we witnessed in the first round that weren't all that, there's great potential there with the current players. there's always Argentina, Brazil, take on more 'surprise' Latin American team and one surprise African team who make it to the quarter or semi finals. fierce competition

I'm interested to see where the new German trainer will take the national team. there's a lot of untapped potential there imo
    Retired.

This was the tournament for England to win and they couldn't. Scored early and they just let Italy completely take over the game. At one point the possession was like 78-22. They lost momentum and Southgate was just watching. Also Italy were weakened. Spinnazola injured earlier on and in the game the man who was leading the charge Chiesa also went off.

They made a real mess of London yesterday as well, fucking hell it was packed. People began drinking from 6am.

Overall though Italy deserved. Better team in the final, they beat arguably the best team in the world in Belgium. They beat the best passing team in Spain. They beat the home team in England. Mancini done a monster job with them.

Ronaldo wins golden boot lol, I mean it just had to happen after Messi wins his first international tournament.

As for the tournament as a whole thought it was pretty good to be honest. The format with the multiple hosts was stupid and should never be done again as some teams got really shafted with the travelling they had to do. No surprise that the 4 semi-finalists were all teams who played their first 3 games at home.

Biggest disappointment for me was obviously how mortifyingly shit Turkey was. In the last 2 years we beat France, the Netherlands and last beat Norway 3-0 away. Everyones thinking with all the talent now playing for big clubs, 3 players from French champions Lille surely we should have done better. We end up being clearly the worst side in the tournament. The manager was fucking clueless and once again the players looked out of sorts.

The Netherlands had the easiest games and they still managed to fuck it all up. At least they didn't kneel, but aside from that I'm ashamed to be Dutch this tournament.
    "I hate them and I wish death among them!" - Mahatma Gandhi

The coach was shit.
    Retired.

That too. But the biggest problem was lazy players. Millionaire kids too busy with their instagram and tiktok.
    "I hate them and I wish death among them!" - Mahatma Gandhi

Some hardbody shit going down in France

When a Marseille player decided to throw a plastic bottle BACK at the Nice fans (after they'd thrown bittles at Marseille playerq during corner shot taking) the Nice fans stormed the pitch and roughed up Marseille players.

After an hour and a half the referee decided to continue tha game but Olympique Marseille refused to play stating some players had sustained lasting injuries from the fight.

Supposedly regulations say Marseille will now lose the game because they refused to play.

WTF lol it ain't safe no mo'.

I hate Club Brugge with a passion (a lot of losers in my hometown became bandwagon supporters for Club Brugge when the home team wasn't doing well in the 80s and 90s - fuck them phonies) BUT they sure gave PSG a run for their money yesterday

1:1 was totally unexpected. Everybody was expecting a PSG walkover

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    I hate Club Brugge with a passion (a lot of losers in my hometown became bandwagon supporters for Club Brugge when the home team wasn't doing well in the 80s and 90s - fuck them phonies) BUT they sure gave PSG a run for their money yesterday

1:1 was totally unexpected. Everybody was expecting a PSG walkover
    A draw against the most expensive side ever is a big W for Brugge.

I don't think shit will be easy for PSG. They haven't really clicked yet. I do hope we get a CL season where some underdogs go far. Football needs clubs outside of the Super teams to do well.

Newcastle fans are delirious with oil £££ right now lol

https://sporza.be/nl/2021/10/17/fans...1634490018989/

^^those pics ROFL
    Retired.

One PSG player has her team mate's legs smashed to pulp with iron bars in what was supposed to look like a robbery / car jacking

the victim was in direct competition with the instigator for the same spot on the team

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nyt...iallo.amp.html

these hoes ain't playing around
    Retired.

Italy will be missed in Qatar. They owe it to themselves though. Jorginho should have scored those penalty shots in the matches against the Swiss during the qualification run.

I hope Portugal pulls through.

It's pointless that Italy and Turkey now have to play each other. They're both not going to the Cup. What the hell is that match for? How can either team motivate themselves properly for this game. Maybe just give some of the younger players the chance to play on this level and that's about it.

Imagine North Macedonia making it to the Cup (it's not a given yet). Basically they are a shit team. They can't believe their luck they scored against Italy in those last few minutes. They had shown nothing during the game.
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    Italy will be missed in Qatar. They owe it to themselves though. Jorginho should have scored those penalty shots in the matches against the Swiss during the qualification run.

I hope Portugal pulls through.

It's pointless that Italy and Turkey now have to play each other. They're both not going to the Cup. What the hell is that match for? How can either team motivate themselves properly for this game. Maybe just give some of the younger players the chance to play on this level and that's about it.

Imagine North Macedonia making it to the Cup (it's not a given yet). Basically they are a shit team. They can't believe their luck they scored against Italy in those last few minutes. They had shown nothing during the game.
    Turkey blew it against one of the worst Portugal sides I've seen. We are so shit I just can't be fucked anymore, it's the same ol story with us. We missed an 80th minute penalty to tie the game, Portugal made countless mistakes but we couldn't capitalize and our defense as always is just porous. Stefan Kuntz the manager starts with a formation the teams never played, he plays guys who have been utter shit at club level and whats worse is plays them out of position. Hakan Calhanoglu is a fucking fraud who has never had a good game for the national side but is an automatic starter.

It was a hard draw but if we'd have won we would have Macedonia at home on Tuesday instead of Italy. 20 years without a world cup, it's absolutely fucking depressing.

add this to the reasons why Kids In The Hall hate the Swiss lol
    Retired.