Thread: Soccer

that's a pretty impressive record for Sydney FC..

I'm not sure when football peaked for me, I used to love seria a in the 90's due to Fiorentina and bati-gol (and laudrop).he's probably the best striker I've seen play.. later in the decade and in the 2000's I became a huge fan of Villarreal, Valencia and Sevilla, they played amazing football and had their teams constantly re built, I'm a fan of the under dog.. I blame everton. but I think la liga was the best league in the 2000's. id watch football religiously from 92 until I stopped caring about other teams/players..
    used to watch everything.. never got into the Bundesliga tho, sky sports never had the right to it, used to enjoy watching eurogoals on eurosport.. lol

Still a massive fan of the underdog,

Banned

We broke the record for undefeated start to a season but Brisbane went I think 35 or 36 games unbeaten which is a national record in any sport.

Florentina were a great team with Batistuta, Chiesa, Rui Costa, Di Livio etc I used to like Parma, Inter, Milan, Lazio, Fiorentina in Italy and Deportivo in Spain but I never called myself a fan. Depor were amazing they played great style of football. If there's one team I really like without being a fan it's Athletic Club in Spain.
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Banned

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

^All the Caudrado links are being ruthlessly taken down..

Here's another recent worldie though:

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones
    I didn't like it because of the beats.

Banned

That link still works.

I didn't watch it but Barcelona got raped by Paris. I wonder if they're finally going to do something in Europe

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Banned

Speaking of rape, Arsenal just got fisted too. The premier league is garbage for all their talk about how great it is their teams don't match up to the elite in the world

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

prem is fast, and not as physical as it was, it has a decent standard of play, but the skillful technical players, can do more in the prem. as the defenders are shite..
    but i dunno.. imagine if messi had spent his life at Everton, he would have broken more records than he did at barca

trololo

Quote Originally Posted by The Hound View Post
    That link still works.

I didn't watch it but Barcelona got raped by Paris. I wonder if they're finally going to do something in Europe
    Its going to be interesting to see Barca attempt a come back
    I didnt expect a 1 sided game like that

courtesy of Bobby_Digital72

Non Ignorants

Banned

Barcelona won 6-1 to go through. What the fuck.

Dortmund 4-0 and Bayern 10-2 aggregate, good week for the Germans until the pillendreher get thrashed next week

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

I don't know what to say after that game. I was just about to turn the game off when Neymar scored the free kick. Just insane really. PSG fans are probably committing suicide at the moment, thats a horrendous way to go out.

fuck this goal.

But yeah, Barca game was crazy. I dislike both teams but its always nice to see these oil funded teams get humiliated.

Quote Originally Posted by HANZO View Post
    I don't know what to say after that game. I was just about to turn the game off when Neymar scored the free kick. Just insane really. PSG fans are probably committing suicide at the moment, thats a horrendous way to go out.
    Barca Tom Brady-ied PSG !!!
    that was madness

courtesy of Bobby_Digital72

Non Ignorants

Speaking of rape, Arsenal just got fisted too. The premier league is garbage for all their talk about how great it is their teams don't match up to the elite in the world
    The top level isn't comparable to Spain/Germany, but like I've said before, the weaker(/midtable) teams in PL are a lot more competitive than the weaker teams in other leagues. Look at Leicester, fighting relegation in the league, just beat out Sevilla in the Champions league to make it to the quarter finals. A more competitive league makes for better entertainment.

Not denying Arsenal's performance was embarrassing, but they've been weak in the league lately as well and are currently fighting for fourth, while Bayern is the undisputed #1 team in Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones
    I didn't like it because of the beats.

Banned

Depends what you determine as better. In Germany we are seeing Hamburg, Wolfsburg and Werder Bremen all fighting in the relegation playoff and these are very big clubs. Leverkusen and Schalke are having a bad year way off European spots, while Hoffenheim and Hertha fight it out for the 4th champions league spot. In England you can pretty much safely predict the top 6 or 7, the top 4 usually too but you can't do that in Germany besides Bayern who are a top 3 team in the world anyway they'd walk the premier league.

La Liga is pretty deep with talent I would put their top 7 against England's top 7 any day. Sevilla played all over Leicester but couldn't get it finished at home that's the way football works. Sevilla are still the better team.

It was good to see City get knocked out I'm not a Pep fan at all I hope Bayern win this year that will be a mark against his name.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

the toffees would beat anyone in the spain top 7!! aslong as Colina wasn't the ref...I still recall that night at villareal, when he disallowed fergusons header cos he was shit scared of upsetting eufa and having 5 English teams in the champs league.

in decemeber when everton where doing crap I wanted to put a bet on them finishing in the top 4 trololo. its still way off I did it at the end of jan when they was playing hot... still cant see it happening but its fun regardless.. top 4 lukaku gets his braids back and next season 2nd!

nah on the reals.. Leicester winning the cl is happening.