Thread: Soccer

shaolin shadowboxer Frank Drebin's Avatar

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-a8428666.html

Great culture Japan. Been their 4 or 5 times its unreal. Apparently you can be a fan and not be a cunt
    Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    Allah is my bitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodman View Post
    Can’t stand Cilvaringz, by the way.... It’s never us coming with the gimmicks. It’s always on the outside, a "B" Wu guy or somebody like that coming with some crap that’s just so gimmicky. It makes you scratch your head and say, ‘Why Wu-Tang?’ when it’s not Wu-Tang.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    That's a guy in those pictures who's a woman?

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Drebin View Post
    Omfg! Omfg! Omfg! Oh my God!!!!!! World cup fucking final. World omg l! 4million people come on!!!!!! Za Dom!!!!!! Spremni!!!!!
    Haha congrats Frank. I think Croatia stands a VERY good chance against France.
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    Haha congrats Frank. I think Croatia stands a VERY good chance against France.
    Fuck I hope so brother. Hope belgium win tomorrow too. Good luck
    Allah is my bitch
    Can’t stand Cilvaringz, by the way.... It’s never us coming with the gimmicks. It’s always on the outside, a "B" Wu guy or somebody like that coming with some crap that’s just so gimmicky. It makes you scratch your head and say, ‘Why Wu-Tang?’ when it’s not Wu-Tang.

BRONZE like Nazareth!!

Good tournament.
    Retired.

Belgium were a class apart from England. Clear difference between the 2 sides, could have been more if Lukaku could actually control the ball.

Oh Belgium dominated congrats. Belgium's first win against England was their worst result. If they were on our side of the draw they would be in the final against France for sure. Hoping for a good final and hope we come out with the W
    Allah is my bitch

I dunno what happened with Belgium against France.
    Today they played really well.

I hear fifa is considering removing the 3rd place match.
    Something about the players morale and that they dont give 110%.

Its a hard final to call
    France has the experience (and they did beat Belgium aka the team to beat in the tourney)
    Croatia can pull off the win if they play the way they did in the 2nd half with England.

courtesy of Bobby_Digital72

Non Ignorants

I'd hate to see the 3rd place match go. Last time Belgium played it (Mexico 1986 Cup) our team was no longer motivated so I'd say FIFA is not wrong for questioning team morale but some teams do rise to the occasion. I think yesterday's match was an enjoyable game, for neutral spectators too. I'd even say they the same thing if Belgium had lost yesterday. Why deny the people a match between two at least technically proficient teams?

the 3rd place match should be kept in place
    Retired.

Man. Boys played well could've gone either way. 2nd amazing but fuck it would've been nice
    Allah is my bitch

Nice final. Croatia combined well.

I don't think France will have gained any foreign fans during this tournament. Great players, and good tactics by Deschamps, but not the kind of football that makes your heart beat faster.

Lmao @ Lloris during that second goal btw.
    Retired.

Croatia played exceptionally well. I refuse to say they were unlucky because this is a world cup final we got the VAR system and the 2 French goals came from massive mistakes from the ref. Griezmann dived the free kick shouldn't have been given. The penalty, ball came off Matuidi then hit Perisic's hand nothing he could do about it. They made the ref watch it over in slow motion and the angle they showed it didn't show the ball coming off Matuidi. Huge mistake, it shouldn't have happened at all. I'm pissed and I ain't even Croatian. It's unacceptable, pundits are saying 'oh it ended 4-2' trying to make it out as if the mistakes didn't impact the game after all, but that don't mean shit. Croatia were royally screwed by the referee.

Some former internationals now serving as media pundits blasted Pitana's VAR decision and also questioned his award of a freekick which led to France's opening score, an own goal by Croatia striker Mario Mandzukic.
    Ex-England striker Alan Shearer said on*BBC One*that he considered both decisions were wrong.
    "There is no way a ridiculous decision like that should be deciding this final. It doesn't deserve it after the tournament we have had.

"Croatia have been brilliant and they are losing this game because of a free-kick that wasn't a free-kick and a penalty that wasn't a penalty," Shearer said as France went 2-1 up.
    Shearer's*BBC One*colleague, former England defender Rio Ferdinand said"You can't 100 per cent*say it's a penalty and he meant that. He's not deliberately trying to handle that ball.
    "It's too close to him to react. The fact the referee took so long to make a decision, he can't be certain."

Jurgen*Klinsmann, a World Cup winner with Germany in 1990 and a former German national team manager, also felt Croatia should have been given the benefit of the doubt.
    "When you are not sure, you don't give it. It was the wrong decision," he said on*BBC One.
    Allah is my bitch

I still cant beleive France made it that far and actually won it. I dont think anyone fancied them to win.

Croatia were the better team today and were very unlucky.
    It was their final to win or lose.

Hopefully the next world cup the big nations will step up to the plate. The lesser known countries and least favorites have shined in this tourney.

courtesy of Bobby_Digital72

Non Ignorants

Ozil retires from international football blaming racism. If Gundogan had an ounce of honour in him he would do the same.

Shaolin Student

Not denying structural racism in Germany, the Erdogan pictures were just stupid and naive. I believe Ozil that he was doing this out of 'respect' etc. But you can't be non-political in a situation like this. It seems Ozil is not the most clever dude. Gundogan won't retire.