Thread: Soccer

Wu Vatican

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK.

i am patiently waiting for the second leg.
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

What do people want to happen to their club for next season? Because mostly everything has been decided, or near enough, most clubs know where they will be next season. New managerial appointments? Certain players need shipped out? Certain players you'd love to see brought in?

Well it'll be a near era for us, in more ways than one. For the first time in over 10 years, our main striker and goal threat will not be Alan Shearer, and we'll also have a new manager(a lot of arrivals and departures will depend a lot on the identity of this new manager). So it will be about adjusting, developing the younger players(Taylor, Ramage, N'Zogbia in particular) and building a squad and keeping them fit so to challenge at the very least Spurs, Liverpool and Arsenal.

Thoughts?

Wu Vatican

Quote Originally Posted by The_Blast
    What do people want to happen to their club for next season? Because mostly everything has been decided, or near enough, most clubs know where they will be next season. New managerial appointments? Certain players need shipped out? Certain players you'd love to see brought in?

Well it'll be a near era for us, in more ways than one. For the first time in over 10 years, our main striker and goal threat will not be Alan Shearer, and we'll also have a new manager(a lot of arrivals and departures will depend a lot on the identity of this new manager). So it will be about adjusting, developing the younger players(Taylor, Ramage, N'Zogbia in particular) and building a squad and keeping them fit so to challenge at the very least Spurs, Liverpool and Arsenal.

Thoughts?
    Being an AC Milan fan no doubt we have to pick up atleast 2 maybe even 3 or 4 quality defenders. Stam leaving, Maldeini retirering, Cafu old, Corstacourta old as balls, theres no way around it. Nesta, although i dont like the way he plays, gets the job done and has got some years left in him. And Kaldaze is playing well so hes good for it.

Possibly pick up one good midfeilder with rui costa being old, and ambrosini climbing in age. Vogel and some of the others on the bench dont seem to be getting it done.

Up top possibly a decent backup. sheva, superpippo, and gilardino are all quality, but you never know with an injury or something how that may go. Ive heard possibliy getting Crespo and 60 million from chelsea for sheva, i dont know how true that is and i doubt it would happen, but it would definatly free up some loot to bring in some other players.

Lastly depending on how dida does at the world cup, possibly its time for a new goalie. It seemed like only 2 years ago people were calling him one of the best in the world, no hes looking shaky at times. Hopefully it has just been a momentary lapse in form.
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

Veteran Member

it's over for Milan, i don't see them coming back from barca if milan played at the same quality as yesterday, they've got a lot to do in the 2nd leg, i know milan can play much better but they'll still struggle against barca

can't wait to see the Arsenal game tonight, i'm expecting Villareal to surprise

what i want Liverpool to have next season is to have Strikers that will be consistent in scoring goals, keep Fowler, get rid of Morientes

Wu Vatican

Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Dragon
    it's over for Milan, i don't see them coming back from barca if milan played at the same quality as yesterday, they've got a lot to do in the 2nd leg, i know milan can play much better but they'll still struggle against barca

can't wait to see the Arsenal game tonight, i'm expecting Villareal to surprise

what i want Liverpool to have next season is to have Strikers that will be consistent in scoring goals, keep Fowler, get rid of Morientes
    with superpippo playing in the second leg, anything can happen. i can see a 2-1 in favor of milan, sending them through, being possible.

liverpool would be my second club if i had to pick (odd being what happend in last years CL final and all). i think they should keep fowler and crouch (people hate on him, but i like the beanstalk), sell morientes while hes still worth something. and either convert cisse to a right mid, or sell him. fornando torres would be a sick buy, benitiez would be all about it too.

liverpool have a player who plays for real soceidad at the moment (cant play for liverpool due to work permit) i think his name is gonzalez, his a chilean player, well if liverpool do get him they will be able to score way more goals, as he is a class player. should provide more assist's to the team and score a few himself

everton
    have just bought the most amazing /deadly17 year old striker in england

SPENCER

u was warned here 1st

Veteran Member

i hate it when even the fans hate on Crouch, he's been great with Liverpool, when all the strikers were going through that crap stage when no one was scoring goals, crouch was the only one actually scoring and it looked like he wanted to do good for the club

Sergio Augerro wants to sign with Liverpool, that'd be so class if he did, check him out on youtube or something

Quote Originally Posted by soul controller
    everton
    have just bought the most amazing /deadly17 year old striker in england

SPENCER

u was warned here 1st

Wu Vatican

highburry sucks. too small. glad they are leaving. new stadium probably has a pitch just as small.

Oldham agree Spencer fee with Everton

Wed 19 Apr, 4:22 PM

The 17-year-old will now undergo a medical at Goodison Park and will complete a dream move to the Premiership subject to agreeing personal terms. Spencer has not featured for the first team at Boundary Park, but has scored regularly for the Latics youth team this season and has attracted plenty of other interest from the Premiership.
    if(window.yzq_d==null)window.yzq_d=new Object();window.yzq_d['AbYO4NkMBag-']='&U=13kmnh779%2fN%3dAbYO4NkMBag-%2fC%3d200076532.201206283.202540645.200510340%2fD %3dLREC%2fB%3d200515768';
    Bolton had been monitoring the 6ft forward's progress and had one offer turned down earlier in the season.

Toffees may move for Oldham starlet

Wed 19 Apr, 2:07 PM

The 17-year-old striker, who has played just a handful of games for the Latics reserves, only needs to agree personal terms for the transfer to go through this week. Spencer is rated among the hottest prospects in English football and has been tracked by Everton for most of the season. Athletic have turned down a number of offers, but they will now make one of their biggest sales for many years.
    if(window.yzq_d==null)window.yzq_d=new Object();window.yzq_d['nSYP4NkMBag-']='&U=13kdo8uot%2fN%3dnSYP4NkMBag-%2fC%3d200076532.201206283.202540645.200510340%2fD %3dLREC%2fB%3d200515768';
    It is understood Everton will make a down payment of around £200,000 although the fee could rise significantly based on Spencer's progress and the League One promotion hopefuls have also insisted on a sell-on clause if Spencer leaves Goodison Park.

anyway.. well done arsenal they played better than i thought they would.. villareal played well also with out making too many chances.. much better than ac barca wank

arsenal won 1-0 not impressive villareal were organised very well, they also had a very good call for a penalty, no idea why the ref didnt give it. if villareal got an away goal they would have won the tie, but i think arsenal have done enough to go to the final

Veteran Member

tsk, i couldn't watch the game....so both played well?

yeah arsenal had more chances, but they didnt test the villareal keeper too much. villareal had some long range freekicks with riquelme but they were straight at the keeper. it was a midfield battle villareal were effective in the first half but they settled for 1-0 in the second. i think they are confident that they can beat arsenal in the second leg. not a good game, but both teams were about the same arsenal jus got the goal. although villareal should have had a penalty, ref was a bit on the arsenal side.

Veteran Member

sounded like a boring match, what was the goal like?

the goal was good play from arsenal hleb cut behind the defence and then crossed it in toure got a foot on it. villareal were bad at defending corners from the beginning of the match arsenal only capitalized once. it was a boring match best part was when a squirall was running around the pitch.