Thread: Soccer

Wu Vatican

steven dont fuck with his shit gerrard does it again.

and thats why i dont count england out in the world cup. gerrard is what i love about football.
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

We have been in CL for 9 mn I hope will keep 90% of our players for next year cause the potential is there.
    F.L.I.N.T.

Steven Gerrard's gpa; yesterday was class, perfect timing too. The best central midfielder in the world currently.
    I still think Arsenal are going to take the champions league. Barcelona are good, yeah. But Arsenal have the perfect advantage: they play in the premiership. Not only is it the best league in the world, but it is also played at a faster tempo than in Spain. I watched Barcelona lose twice against Valencia, and against Atletico MAdrid this season, they can be dicked if the ball isn't at their feet. I've got faith in Arsene's boys, the european cup is gonna be back in England.

Chicks dig giant robots

the turkish league just finished after leading from day one fenerbahce lose the title on the last day after drawing 1-1 in a game which had an incredible 16 minutes added time. Galatasaray a team which is close to bankruptcy and have the worst sqaud out of the top 4 teams in turkey are champions. A very exciting league i must say both teams were on 80 points until the last match.
    Juventus also crowned as champs of serie A, juve's performance dropped eversince they got knocked out of the champions league they were 10 points infront but then milan caught them up.

Wu Vatican

juve is in some shit. moggi has resigned. theres talk about them being stripped of the last 2 scudettos and giving them to milan, along with juve being relegated to serie B.

i wouldnt mind it being a milan fan, but theres no way that shit happens.

On today's weekly Luca Toni report: Another goal today, leaves him with 31 for the year. Highest total in like 50 years in serie A. No doubt winning europes golden boot and deservadly so.

Pascal Chimbonda and Franck Ribery have been named to the french squad. Chimbonda is pretty decent, but ive not even heard of Ribery. Mainly because i dont pay attention to the french leauge besides lyon. People say hes the next Zidane, anyone who watches a lot of french soccer know his deal?
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

Ribery's a good lad, another young, quick skillful winger. There's a lot of talk of him moving in the summer; with the likes of Arsenal, Lyon and Real Madrid having sent scouts to see him in the past (Lyon less so, seeing as they're in the same league). Personally, I think he's alright. Should he have got in the squad ahead of Giuly? Definately not.
    Chimbonda though, fair play. I mean, he's a decent full back, with at least one good half of football in him. He's an asshole for shafting Wigan though, apparently Bastia (was it Bastia he came from? I forget) told Wigan he'd do that shit to them as well haha.
    Juventus going to Serie B? I'd say they're too big for it, but Milan and Lazio were relegated under similar circumstances back in 1980 so it's anyone's guess what'll happen next. It doesn't bode well for them though, Moggi was a highly influencial figure for them for quite some time. Should they go down? Vieira to Man Utd, I knew there was a reason Fergie has been ousting Van Nistelrooy lately (Vieira hates Ruud with a passion, for those who didn't know). A highly unlikely possibility, but it would be nice.

Chicks dig giant robots

Ribéry can't be the next Zidane for a simple reason : Zidane is unique, and Ribéry's style is clearly not the same. He's kinda efficient, a real fighter, he should play in Premier League. But i prefer watching Zidane playing, it's really beautiful.

^^ Right on, he's no Zidane. To be fair, he's a good young winger, but he'll be constantly overlooked by the likes of Ronaldo, Robben and Messi in terms of impact as a winger, and understandably so, those guys have an unreal amount of potential (not that Ribery doesn't, that is).

Chicks dig giant robots

Wu Vatican

no doubt, france has him listed as a forward, along with henry, trez, saha, and cisse.

quite that tandom to choose from i'd say.

True, I'd have still taken Giuly though, instead of Wiltord or something.

Chicks dig giant robots

Wu Vatican

i think peres should have gotten a spot. he still produces even at his age.
    mexes is sick, i think he shoulda gotten a spot a well.

on a different note, on the topic of the state of the game. i think the top 7 leauges have repeat champions. and all clinched real early and only juventus was under a little pressure at the end but never really in danger.

celtic
    barcalona
    cheslea
    juventus
    psv
    bayren munich
    lyon

im not sure if portugal's champion was a repeat or not, but thats some shit to have that many repeats.

wiltord and ribéry are listed among the forwards, which is something i don't really understand. wiltord has been playing as a midfielder for years now, and ribéry is clearly behind the forwards on the field...

Because Raymond Domenech is an idiot? Sorry, but I just don't like him as France boss, it should've been Bruno Metsu or Jean Tigana. Anyway, I believe it was Porto that won the league, Sporting were second and third respectively (at least, i think it was Sporting, all i know is Benfica missed out on the CL)

Chicks dig giant robots

the rumour says that Tigana was kicked out of the cast because of... the color of his skin. that's the rumour.
    now, take a look at France's roster for the World Cup.
    who should we trust ?
    i think the selection is not that bad after all. but a few choices i don't understand. i'm a big fan of Micoud for example, and he's not here. Anelka is not here. Giuly is not here. Mexès is not here.

Now that you mention it, Tigana getting ousted because of his skin colour rings a familiar bell, man they gonna regret that one. I know what you mean about Micoud too, I'd have thought he would walk into the france side, given he was one of the top scorers in the champions league this season

Chicks dig giant robots