Page 21 of 654 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303171121521 ... LastLast

Thread: Soccer

Swollen Member

Default Re: European Football thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ouroborous
    Rooney, Ronaldo, Eto'o, Kaka must be up there oh and Mickael Silvestre, Jens Lehmann & Tiago.
    Silvestre? wtf? he's not even one of Man Utd's best 4 defenders, he doesn't make the first 11 when everyone is fit.

Quote Originally Posted by 36Chambers
    Mark my words, I know how the papers work.
    lol, yeah they go looking on fans' forums to get their stories!

Originally Posted by Ouroborous
    Rooney, Ronaldo, Eto'o, Kaka must be up there oh and Mickael Silvestre, Jens Lehmann & Tiago.

Obviously just joking about the last three..............

Gerrard should go to a team that plays decent football like Man U or Arsenal.........when was the last time Real Madrid had a 'good season' - haven't won Spanish league the last two years, not a force in Europe either. Chelsea is just for the money. He turned down £100k p/w from the 'pool, how much must Chelsea be offering...............

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchShin
    this thread is becoming insane.... lol
    i second myself

Chelsea wont be offering him more than 100k, because then we will have to up Terry and Lampards wages... something in there contract, and if he comes to Chelsea hes there to win the league, cant say that about Man U or Arsenal can you? muhaha. He would be silly to stay in England, he would get so much shit.

Anyway, Chelsea dont need him, Makelele has done a brilliant job so he can go 2 Spain... with all that said, i wouldn't mind if he came to Chelsea, bout time the scousers got robbed for once.

Plus Gerrard has said its not 4 the money, he wants 2 win the prem, and he can only do that at the top 3 clubs, cant see Arsenal affording 30m, Man U maybe if ugly Glazers fork out. Dont know if Madrid would pay 30m tho, seeing as they are supposedly signing Robinho for 25-30m.

BIG L Rest In Peace

Swollen Member

Originally Posted by Ouroborous

Obviously just joking about the last three..............
    hahaha. yeah, I didn't pay attention to the other two names first time I read it.

as for gerrard, I don't think liverpool fans should worry too much cause I reckon Alonso is a better box to box midfielder than gerrard anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by 36chambers
    Dont know if Madrid would pay 30m tho, seeing as they are supposedly signing Robinho for 25-30m.
    his agent said he would fulfill his contract at Santos, which ends in..... 2008 pff

WuCorp Million Dollar Man Roman Deini's Avatar

Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard has made an amazing U-turn by deciding to stay at the club.

Gerrard had looked to be on his way out of Anfield after telling the club he wanted to leave on Tuesday.

The England international rejected Liverpool's offer of a new deal late on Monday night, paving the way for a move out of Anfield.

Chelsea had seen a bid for the midfielder turned down on Tuesday and they looked to be favourites to land his signature.

However, Gerrard after mulling over his future, has decided to stay at Liverpool and the news is a massive boost for Rafa Benitez and everyone at the club with The Reds beginning the defence of their European Cup next week.

Reds chief executive Rick Parry revealed the amazing twist on Wednesday morning, claiming Gerrard was now set to sign a new deal.

"Steven's decided to stay," Parry told Sky Sports News. "He realises how much the club means to him; genuinely, it's a little bit like last year, perhaps even more dramatic.

"I think the language he's been using to us even when he said he was going, he never said he wanted to go as he said it was so difficult, I don't think I can come back; he never said he wanted to go.

"The last 24 hours he has reflected on it and thought it through and he wants to stay.

"I couldn't be more delighted and, from my point of view, it is what we wanted all along.

"I apologise to Stevie if I've misread his emotions. I guess I thought after Istanbul I thought we knew where we were going, but it was obviously praying on his mind.

"He was anxious and he genuinely felt club wasn't as enthusiastic as we might be about keeping him and there were one or two issues with the contract he took to be perhaps a lack of enthuasism on our part, which it wasn't, but he understands that now.

"We had some emotional moments together and cleared all that and I don't think it will happen again.

"There were a few late night phone calls and a few very early morning calls this morning and I think he just wants a couple of days to go away and clear his head now.

"It hasn't been easy for him but, as far as we're concerned, it's the right decision."

Parry believes Gerrard will now sign a new improved deal to extend his stay at Anfield.

"I think it's hammered (a new deal). I don't think it's an issue," added Parry. "We all understand what is required and that's the easy bit.

"I think to be fair to Stevie, he's not staying because he was concerned about negativity. The point I made to Stevie on Monday was think of the fans in Istanbul, think of the positives, how can you leave that? And I think that's been on his mind.

"It is not a decision for negative reasons he found it complicated but it was always difficult for him to say he wanted to go and I'm more certain than ever that he's fully committed and this is where he wants to be." When asked if the latest development would mean Chelsea and Real Madrid could forget about signing him, Parry added: "Absolutely."

Gerrard released a statement defending his agent Struan Marshall from any blame in the transfer saga.

"There seems to be a lot of blame heading in his (Marshall's) direction over recent events," said Gerrard.

"I can say from the bottom of my heart that he has carried out my wishes and I want to thank him for his support during this difficult period."

“Catch your dreams before they slip away. Dying all the time, lose your dreams, and you will lose your mind. Ain't life unkind?”

liverpool can do great things. they weren't lucky last year. it's good to know gerrard stays there.

lol did they score past chelsea?

the roy carrol incident against spurs was a more obvious goal

liverpool will never win the league or champs league within the next 5 years, id bet money on that

can we talk about facts and football instead of talking about fake expectations ?

Wu Vatican

unluck with crespo moving back to chelsea
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

36, u think Chelsea would have won the leaue last year if Man U hadn't beaten the Arse early doors? or if Man U had Ferdinand, Heinze, Ronaldo & Rooney available all season? i don't think so............. and you know both play much more attractive football than Chelsea.

I think Chelsea will be better off with Crespo than Drogba though, Crespo didn't get a fair crack his first year, just like Kezman.....no Batman & Robben next year!!!!!

36, u think Chelsea would have won the leaue last year if Man U hadn't beaten the Arse early doors? or if Man U had Ferdinand, Heinze, Ronaldo & Rooney available all season? i don't think so............. and you know both play much more attractive football than Chelsea.

I think Chelsea will be better off with Crespo than Drogba though, Crespo didn't get a fair crack his first year, just like Kezman.....no Batman & Robben next year!!!!!
    I havent got a clue, no one will know. Im pretty sure Man U beating Arsenal was a factor in it tho, and i disagree with the attractive football part, we were playing better than both teams when Robben was playing, scoring 4 goals every game. But every team went thru there rough patch last season when they were playing poor, Chelsea just won them games with no style while the other 2 didnt. And injuries are apart of fooball, u cant say Chelsea won the league because of these 2 factors. End of the day, Chelsea were the better team out of the 3 over the season and in europe and it shows.

Kezman was crap, was getting fed up trying to defend him cos i couldnt in the end, he was useless. He 1st touch was very poor, maybe that was due to low confidence. Some players just cant hack it in the prem, look at Forlan... top goalscorer in spain this season and over all of europe. I wouldnt be surprised if Kezman was top scorer this season coming. As far as Drogba is concerned i willing to give him another season to prove his worth to the team, he plays well in matches but just misses lots of opportunities. With Duff and Robben, Cole and Lampard behind him he has no excuses. Henry wasnt good in his 1st season and he turned out well so we'll see. I think this season coming will be one of the biggest in England, it will be alot tighter between the 3. Arsenal still need a goalie and maybe a striker tho so they may suffer if they dont get cover. Van der sar was a nice signing could save Man u's season.

We'll see...

BIG L Rest In Peace

Swollen Member

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchShin
    liverpool can do great things. they weren't lucky last year. it's good to know gerrard stays there.
    are you sure about that?
    I'd say liverpool were very lucky on several occasions last season, esp. beating chelsae 1-0 without even having to score a goal.

arsenal getting baptista

they like prestons u21 english keeper too