Thread: Soccer

Swollen Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tage View Post
    no...

Torres, Reina, Alonso, Garcia, Reira, Aurelio, Kuyt, Agger, Benayoun, Skrtel, etc... - recently, Johnson and Aquilani.
    3 world class players from a list of 12.
    Not that good really.

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

those players had a great fucking season last year and even before....just look at all those legendary games they had in the last years.

how many times had Kuyt and Benayoun scored and/or passed for some decisive goal for a game we talked about for weeks....also, which team has more than 3 world class players? real...barca...chelsea

right?
    bring back begongo!!

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tage View Post
    no...

Torres, Reina, Alonso, Garcia, Reira, Aurelio, Kuyt, Agger, Benayoun, Skrtel, etc... - recently, Johnson and Aquilani. He was the man who shaped the Liverpool squads of the Champions League success and our record breaking points last season, which unluckily only left us as runners-up. So, no, he is good at buying players - that isn't the problem (he didnt buy Robbie Keane).

...he's "shite" at selling players. Liverpool miss Alonso.
    LOL theyre all awful apart from Reina and Torres. And anyone could tell they were top players before they came.

Benetez is terrible in the transfer market and has bought nothing but mediocrity and averageness. He has awful taste in players and has had plenty of money to spend.

John W. Henry

Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    those players had a great fucking season last year and even before....just look at all those legendary games they had in the last years.

how many times had Kuyt and Benayoun scored and/or passed for some decisive goal for a game we talked about for weeks....also, which team has more than 3 world class players? real...barca...chelsea

right?
    my thoughts exactly. i didnt put those names up to list world class players... they are fucking excellent players for Liverpool; so they make good signings.

as for World Class players apart from Torres, Gerrard and Reina... Benitez also signed the future captain of Argentina... and Israel.

...dont get me wrong though, Benitez fucks about alot! and pisses every 'pool fan off - but signing players isnt his weakest attribute.

Swollen Member

right?
    I was being generous saying 3 tbh, only 2 for sure.
    Benitez's biggest failure has been his inability to spend wisely in the transfer market.
    As for a great season, they all ended potless, so it wasn't that great.

In the prem, Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd all have more world class players than liverpool, as is evident from their respective league positions and the fact that they're all still in the champions league.

Teams with more than 3 world class players? Off the top of my head,
    Inter Milan, AC Milan, Real Madrid, Chelsea, Man Utd, Juventus, Bayern Munich, Arsenal, Barcelona.
    Last edited by Krimewave; 01-05-2010 at 11:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krimewave View Post
    Teams with more than 3 world class players? Off the top of my head,
    Inter Milan, AC Milan, Real Madrid, Chelsea, Man Utd, Juventus, Bayern Munich, Arsenal.
    errrr... Barça maybe.

Swollen Member

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchShin View Post
    errrr... Barça maybe.
    haha, of course Barca. Actually thought I'd put them in the list. Time for a quick edit..

so what, Arsenal haven't accomplished anything in years, L'pool at least won TWO CL's

yeah, L'pool deserves bashing this year, but we cannot deny how they shined even last year when Barca was incredible and possibly the best team in years.

Inter's only world class star is Eto'o. The others are just great players or world class in the making [Krhin, Balotelli,...]
    bring back begongo!!

Inter have many world class players.... Cambiasso, Zanetti, Lucio, Sneijder, Maicon, etc etc

Swollen Member

so what, Arsenal haven't accomplished anything in years, L'pool at least won TWO CL's
    no they haven't.

Wu Vatican

yeah, L'pool deserves bashing this year, but we cannot deny how they shined even last year when Barca was incredible and possibly the best team in years.

Inter's only world class star is Eto'o. The others are just great players or world class in the making [Krhin, Balotelli,...]
    idk how far back your going but they only won one, and that was bullshit mind you.

inter does have several world class players.

Quote Originally Posted by MaskedAvenger View Post
    Inter have many world class players.... Cambiasso, Zanetti, Lucio, Sneijder, Maicon, etc etc
    a top 5 goalie in the world. top 5 striker in the world. top 2 right back in the world. top 5 defensive midfielder. at the very least, strong cases could also be made for lucio and zanetti.
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

I dont think Inter have that many really great players. Mourihno is terrible at buying players. I mean their midfield is Muntari, Cambiasso and Stankovic? Come on man, nothing special there.

Julio Cesar is the best GK in the world, Maicon is the best RB in the world, and Eto'o used to be the best striker in the world. Thats about it.

I think Balotelli is amazing though.

?

By that reasoning, that would mean Arsenal actually have won a CL, in 2006. lol.
    Last edited by Ghost In The 'Lac; 01-06-2010 at 10:00 AM.

stankovic has been very good wherever he's been placed on the field. and muntari doesn't play so often. sneijder does. and he can't be avoided.

cl means champion's league

epl means english premiership league

learn before you burn.
    bring back begongo!!

John W. Henry

^Liverpool havent won 2 Champions League in the past few years.
    (that was their point)

We emphatically beat AC Milan on penalties, in what my mind was the best game ever played - in 04/05...... 2006/7 we were runners up. lol