CR7 carries Portugal to the WC 3-2
    La France put on a show 3-0
    Croatia shatter Icelands WC dreams 2-0
    the greeks move on with a 1-1 tie

courtesy of Bobby_Digital72

Non Ignorants

Quote Originally Posted by Rame View Post
    No Iceland unfortunately.

Also no Ibrahimovic. Don't really care about Sweden anyway.
    Sad not seeing Ibra but Sweden were terrible and did not deserve to make the world cup.

Real shame about Iceland, they have a good side and have built up some sort of golden generation with their youngsters. I think they stand a good chance of making the next Euros.

Veteran Member

netherland dudes about to cry again! ahhahahahahaa

--Sporting Kansas City defeats Real Salt Lake to win MLS Cup.

Sporting KC outscored RSL 7-6 in the longest shootout in MLS playoff history after the teams played to a 1-1 draw through the first 120 minutes.

Kansas City became the fifth franchise to win multiple league titles after a previous crown in 2000, when they were the Kansas City Wizards. The win also denied Real Salt Lake a chance at their second league title after they won their first via a similarly dramatic shootout in 2009 over the LA Galaxy in Seattle.

Real Salt Lake had a chance to end the shootout with their eighth shot of the night, but the 36-year-old Nielsen snuffed out the shot by RSL midfielder Sebastian Velasquez. SKC defender Aurelien Collin followed with a thunderous goal on SKC’s ninth shot, and RSL backup defender Lovel Palmer blasted his ensuing shot off the crossbar to hand SKC the title.

Sporting Kansas City – who also won the 2012 US Open Cup title in a shootout at Sporting Park – improved to 14-1-2 in home playoff games since 2000, while veteran goalkeeper Nick Rimando and RSL lost a playoff shootout for the first time in three attempts, going back to the 2009 Eastern Conference Championship and ensuing MLS Cup.

SKC had a chance to seal the shootout on their fifth shot after an early miss from RSL striker Alvaro Saborio and a Nielsen save on midfielder Ned Grabavoy, but midfielder Graham Zusi rocketed his shot over the bar.

Claudio Bieler, Paulo Nagamura, Benny Feilhaber, Seth Sinovic, C.J. Sapong and Chance Myers all scored in the shootout for SKC, while Kyle Beckerman, Joao Plata, Javier Morales, Chris Schuler, Tony Beltran and Nat Borchers converted for Real Salt Lake.

SKC’s win marked the third time the MLS Cup was decided in penalty kicks, following RSL’s win in 2009 and the Houston Dynamo’s win over the New England Revolution in 2006. Saturday’s game – which was played in frigid temperatures hovering around 20 degrees at kickoff, the coldest match in league history – was the eighth occasion in which a title was settled after regulation.

Saborio scored in the 52nd minute of regulation before Collin – who was later named the game’s Most Valuable Player – answered with his third goal of the postseason for Sporting Kansas City.

After neither team seriously threatened again during regulation, SKC forced the first chance of extra time. Rimando made perhaps the biggest save of the game just three minutes into the extra session, tipping a point-blank shot from Zusi over the bar following a long throw-in from Matt Besler.

RSL then celebrated what they thought was a potential winner in the 105th minute, but Saborio’s header off a cross from Robbie Findley was waved off for offside. Neither team seriously threatened during the second period of extra time, forcing the shootout in front of a frenzied Cauldron supporters’ section at the east end of Sporting Park.

After a frigid first half with genuine scoring chances few and far between, Saborio finally cracked the ice shortly after the break with his fourth career playoff goal. The Costa Rican international corralled a pitch-perfect ball over the top from Beckerman and blasted a right-footed shot into the back of the net from just outside the box to stake RSL to a 1-0 lead.

Sporting Kansas City responded in the 76th minute, when Collin scored his fourth goal in 10 career playoff games off a Zusi corner kick. The imposing French defender rose above Schuler to thump a header into the back of the net, handing Sporting Park a lifeline when RSL appeared set to see out the final 25 minutes.

Collin’s goal came after RSL missed two agonizing chances in the second half to pad the lead. Beckerman knuckled a right-footed shot off the post in the 62nd minute, and Morales drifted a right-footed shot off the far post from outside the box in the 73rd minute after a breakout from Findley opened up the SKC defense.

Findley missed the best scoring chance of a rugged and physical first half that saw 17 fouls and yellow cards to Saborio, Collin and RSL defender Chris Wingert. After Wingert lofted a ball into the SKC box in the 29th minute, Nielsen collided with Myers and punched the ball back toward the end line, where Findley found himself with an open look at net.

But his shot from a tight angle on the right side of the goal caromed harmlessly off the post before Nielsen corralled it, leaving Findley with his head in his hands while he lamented the chance.

Sporting Kansas City took the most serious hit of the early going when midfielder Oriol Rosell went down with a sprained left ankle after he was stepped on by Findley.

Rosell – who started 31 games during the regular season, tops among SKC midfielders – was replaced by Lawrence Olum in the eighth minute, the earliest sub in MLS Cup history.

The world Cup 2014 Draw

here are The Groups !!

people are saying the group of death is G
    But i think its a toss up between B & D

Non Ignorants

D & B definitely looks like the toughest ones, D being the most unpredictable.. USA is poor and won't stand a chance, but I'm looking forward to seeing Ghana & Portugal battling for second place. The same goes for Chile & Netherlands in group B.

France should consider themselves EXTREMELY lucky getting a group like that after barely going through the play-off.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones
    I didn't like it because of the beats.

Veteran Member

france aint shit

spain will win once again...

MLS >> than any other

^ Why?

De mijne is 4x duurder!

Quote Originally Posted by check two View Post
    MLS >> than any other
    Rofl

10 games, 14 goals, 7 assists....

Quote Originally Posted by GhettoGnom View Post
    D & B definitely looks like the toughest ones, D being the most unpredictable.. USA is poor and won't stand a chance, but I'm looking forward to seeing Ghana & Portugal battling for second place. The same goes for Chile & Netherlands in group B.

France should consider themselves EXTREMELY lucky getting a group like that after barely going through the play-off.
    for group B it would depend which Nederlands team shows up to play
    Chile has seen its fair share of Spain, so they can pose problems

D is interesting. Its a toss up
    either England and Uruguay can advance or England & Italy or Italy & Uruguay
    Costa Rica can probably pose a threat if they pick up confidence.

France has it easy but maybe they wont make it out of that group?

Group F -Bosnia & Iran are the dark horses

Argentina has to be careful with Iran Nigeria and Bosnia

H- looks like a toss up as well...i thinks Belgium is one to watch

Non Ignorants

Group B & D are the toughest.

England will go out of group D, Italy are the strongest and then Uruguay.

God Beside Me Guarded By Martyrs's Avatar
    Front Row Tickets |Watching The Apocalypse|

^You think?

I'm not too sure.

Uruguay take it for me.

England - Italy are more or less even : both pretty hit or miss.

Quote Originally Posted by GhettoGnom View Post
    D & B definitely looks like the toughest ones, D being the most unpredictable...
    Yeah I agree....Group D is the pick of the bunch.
    Last edited by Guarded By Martyrs; 12-16-2013 at 03:11 PM.

Suarez is making me believe, I have that odd sense that finally maybe finally we can win the premier league.

Check this out. I aint gonna say it because I am a Besiktas fan but I have watched a lot of football and I have never seen a team get screwed by the referees and the footballing federation more than Besiktas.

Last edited by HANZO; 12-20-2013 at 06:43 PM.