Thread: Soccer

I was devastated last night. Killed me i couldn't fucking believe it. I aint as hopeful for the future as you know City, Chelsea and United will just spend like crazy something Liverpool cannot do.

liverpool still have a shot
    if city loses and if pool wins
    pool can edge man city out for the top spot

i think liverpool will open the wallet for transfers

finals for champions

madrid vs athletico

hopefully athletico pulls it off

courtesy of Bobby_Digital72

Non Ignorants

--- Bikini-Clad Female Pitch Invader During Sampdoria vs. Napoli

Veteran Member

another european title for a spanish team!!! Spain notting to fuck wit

Quote Originally Posted by check two View Post
    --- Bikini-Clad Female Pitch Invader During Sampdoria vs. Napoli

That guy looks as if it's the first pussy he caught in a decade. Good for him. It's all in the game!

SMH at Atletico losing the CL final. Sucks for my compatriots goalie Courtois and perennial benchwarmer Alderweireldt.

We'll have our revenge at the World Cup. Maybe.
    Retired.

^LMFAO !!
    sooo true

love the sig btw

courtesy of Bobby_Digital72

Non Ignorants

Belgium - Luxemburg 5-1 (friendly competition match or whatever you call it in English). Courtois got some holidays so we had our nr 5 (!) goalie on the field. Romelu Lukaku scored three times. He missed two more good opportunities.

The team wasn't bad, but it WAS slow. This won't cut it on the World Cup, I can assure you of that. Admittedly, the Luxemburg players were all about defending. Their only good striker was Joachim. He was very active and at times effective. But with our quality players on the field we should be able to switch much more quickly from defense to offense & the other way around. This is one of those cases where the result doesn't reflect the amount of work on the field.

We have to do better than this, Belgium. A higher pace & less nonchalance (Vincent Kompany with a typical mistake in the first 30 minutes of the match, some things never seem to change) are needed. This is our best generation ever but they need to realize they shouldn't underestimate any team.

Next up are Sweden (over there), Tunesia and possibly the USA, right before the World Cup starts.
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 06-02-2014 at 02:11 PM.
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by chiba View Post
    ^LMFAO !!
    sooo true

love the sig btw
    Thanks, man. It's the small (bouncy) things in life that keep us happy, eh
    Retired.

Belgium will be a force to reckon with in Euro 2016 and World Cup 2018. Legitimate contenders. With that squad they could win it all in the future, just depends on how the players can develop themselves from now till then.

Lol at the Brazilian team bus getting attacked during their training camp. The preparations have been kinda shite so far. Teams are complaining about the food at their hotels and stuff. The Brazilian people don't want the world cup. Sad that this is the sort of news building up before the world cup. More and more countries are rejecting the idea of hosting these tournaments, only the idiotic developing nations with mass corruption want them.

The infamous robot voiced scientist makes his World Cup prognosis.

LOL at blackhaired players being statistically worse at shooting penalties.
    Retired.

Sweden-Belgium 0-2. Lukaka scored in the first half, Hazard in the second half. Debruyne came very close to the third goal. Sweden played very well, too. They had some bad luck right in front of the goal.

I thought Belgium did better now than against Luxemburg last week (even though we scored more goals then). Midfield players were better this time around. The defenders are still worrisome. Kompany made his usual one-per-match mistake.

Best man on the field according to me was striker Dries Mertens (Napoli), along with winger Kevin Debruyne (Wolfsburg).

Ibrahimovic did not play for Sweden, he had a back ache. Had he played, Belgium would have in all probability lost the game, seeing as our defense is a bit shaky.

So the World Cup starts very soon ... It will be hard for Belgium to win their first match (against Algeria). However, if we do win, I think Russia and South Korea can be beaten as well. We might luck out if Russia's star player remains injured.

Belgium will play Tunesia a few days before the tournament begins. Hopefully that game shows some more progress on behalf of the Belgian team.
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 06-02-2014 at 02:13 PM.
    Retired.

It's almost time for The World Cup, Go U.S.A.

Quote Originally Posted by hectis View Post
    It's almost time for The World Cup, Go U.S.A.
    Belgium will play a friendly match against the USA, in Brazil, just before the tournament starts. At least, that's what is supposed to happen.

Just minutes ago Belgium-Tunesia (1-0) finished. The Belgians played badly! The matches against Luxemburg and Sweden (over the last two weeks) were much better.

Some factors :
    _ The Tunesian national coach is actually Belgium's previous national coach (it's a long story...), so he knew the Belgian players all too well.

_ The Tunesian team missed a lot of its best players (Tunesia's best two teams are participating in the African Champions League at the moment), which prompted the team to play very defensively. They had only one striker on the field. It was clear their goal was to keep a clean sheet. Which I have no problems with.

_ The most important factor : about twenty minutes into the match there was a HUGE hailstorm that lasted for about fifteen minutes. The referee stopped the match five minutes into the storm. Even though it was really hot today in Belgium the hail on the pitch did not melt. All in all the unexpected break therefore lasted for a whopping forty minutes. The Belgian team didn't return to the field in a very focused way afterwards. They played quite slowly for the remaining sixty minutes (except for the last ten minutes of the match).

The Belgian defense was quite disastrous in the second half. In this way the Belgians allowed the Tunesians to grow into the match. One Tunesian player was sent off the field after a serious foul, but it didn't really seem to make a difference for the Belgians afterwards.

Only in the last twelve minutes of the match the Belgians really put the pressure on the Tunesians, which resulted in some real chances and eventually a goal (Dries Mertens, plays for Napoli in Serie A in Italy) in the 89th minute. The ending of the match was exhilarating. Finally! The rest of the match had been a major snoozefest.

In the short interviews after the match the Belgian players at least realized all was not well. Dries Mertens for instance was very conscious about how unfocused the team seemed for long stretches during the match. This was a good learning moment for the team, as they might be confronted with other very defensive teams during the World Cup.

Belgian striker Romelu Lukaku (Everton, by way of Chelsea) got injured during the match. Hopefully nothing too serious.

I hope the final friendly match against the USA (in Brazil) actually happens. There has been some confusion over it in the Belgian press over the last few days.

I do not know anything about the American team. How good are they?

Good atmosphere amongst the Belgian players these days BTW.
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 06-07-2014 at 05:50 PM.
    Retired.

Non Ignorant Math Team

5th state theres also been torrential rainfall which has postponed the England game but I think it might still be played today.

NON-IGS

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Cain View Post
    5th state theres also been torrential rainfall which has postponed the England game but I think it might still be played today.
    I hope they get to play!

Here is some footage of the hailstorm.
    Retired.