Thread: Soccer

International break is some uninteresting shit I tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones
    I didn't like it because of the beats.

Quote Originally Posted by GhettoGnom View Post
    International break is some uninteresting shit I tell you.
    I thought this break has been interesting. San Marino getting a point, the faroe islands beating Greece in Greece. amazing stuff. Plus if your a Turk they are always interesting, our goalie gets booed before the game against Kazakhstan and he refused to play.

But yeah its boring, the games aren't competitive and well for the larger teams its kinda impossible for them not to qualify with the way the Euros have been set up now with 24 teams.

International scandal as Russian football player surprise two-year-old son on his birthday with a circus bear.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...day-party.html

Retired.

Banned

Anyone doing the World XI predictor?

GK: Neuer
    DEF: Lahm, Alaba, Ramos, Godin
    MID: Di Maria, James, Schweinsteiger
    FWD: Ronaldo, Robben, Müller (The real Golden Ball winner)

Ballon D'or- Neuer
    World Coach- Diego Simeone
    Puskas Award- Stephanie Roche (shouldn've been Cahill!)
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Champions league anyone?

Real Madrid, Porto FC, Chel$ea undefeated so far
    Last edited by chiba; 12-11-2014 at 12:55 PM.

courtesy of Bobby_Digital72

Non Ignorants

Banned

Champions league is boring until the quarter finals

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Theres too much imbalance in the champs league. Fine your getting the champions from all the UEFA nations play in it but some teams are just monumentally shit. Bate, APOEL, Malmo etc etc. Just whipping boys. I get that Platini wants them in the champs league so they could get the money and improve but these teams aint improving. also long gone are the days where big teams would slip up on tough away games in Eastern Europe, with the better infrastructure comes the better pitches and well they are just spanking teams left right and centre. Before Madrid would go to some eastern european country and play on a farm with an intimidating atmosphere and they would lose. Now though different story. Also the lack of good Italian teams has just narrowed the number of strong competitive teams.

I mean look at group C. Monaco won it with 11 points, they only scored 4 goals. What the hell was going on in that group?

Quote Originally Posted by HANZO View Post
    Theres too much imbalance in the champs league. Fine your getting the champions from all the UEFA nations play in it but some teams are just monumentally shit. Bate, APOEL, Malmo etc etc. Just whipping boys. I get that Platini wants them in the champs league so they could get the money and improve but these teams aint improving. also long gone are the days where big teams would slip up on tough away games in Eastern Europe, with the better infrastructure comes the better pitches and well they are just spanking teams left right and centre. Before Madrid would go to some eastern european country and play on a farm with an intimidating atmosphere and they would lose. Now though different story. Also the lack of good Italian teams has just narrowed the number of strong competitive teams.

I mean look at group C. Monaco won it with 11 points, they only scored 4 goals. What the hell was going on in that group?

LMFAO at the farm pitch comment!! But its true ! Back in the days the big teams would be scared for their lives.

Group C is an interesting group
    you would think Leverkusen should be the 1st place team. they scored 7 Goals and only got 10 points? i guess its coz they allowed 4 goals conceded and Monaco only has 1 goal against them?
    I was expecting a close group but Zenit and Benfica didnt show up

i like groups C,D & H. They dont have the big clubs playing in them, and they put on some good footy

courtesy of Bobby_Digital72

Non Ignorants

Banned

Yeah Leverkusen fucked it up big time. They usually struggle in Europe but I think they had a decent chance of QF if they topped the group. I just hope they don't shame the Bundesliga by getting thrashed by 7 again lol

The problem with the champions league now is they opened it up for too many weak teams, that goes for the top leagues too because Liverpool, Arsenal, Schalke, Sociedad, Monaco etc they don't belong with the big teams. If they want this many teams then I think the champions league should be a knock out the whole way through.

Quote Originally Posted by chiba View Post
    i like groups C,D & H. They dont have the big clubs playing in them, and they put on some good footy
    The teams like FC Bayern, Real, Barca, Chelsea have just left the rest for dead, even the likes of Juventus and Manchester City aren't on the level. With this much gap I reckon a stronger UEFA Cup would be far more interesting. I guess it's not really fair to call those earlier teams weak it's just that the very few top teams have accelerated ahead and it's difficult to see how they can be caught unless you do a Man City and get a rich owner.

The decline of Serie A also takes away from Europe as HAN said, I think the Portuguese league is ahead of it now. Porto are strong but Sporting Lisbon, Benfica, Braga etc they are champions league quality. Without the likes of Milan, Inter even Manchester United from England it's really lacking high quality IMO
    Last edited by The Hound; 12-11-2014 at 04:49 PM.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

-

The Hound, I tried to send you a pm yesterday and it said that I couldn't send you one because you need to delete your messages.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

Banned

My PM box is full by over 100 messages because I used to be Vatican but they took it off me because I didn't post for like 3 years haha I'll clean it out CJ

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

The gap between the elite teams and the rest has gotten wider and wider. In the 90's and early 2000's not only Italian teams were competitive, you still had Dutch sides who scared the crap out of everyone. Ajax, PSV and Feyenoord were Champs league quality teams. Now though they have become feeder clubs for the top teams.

Ofcourse money has a lot to do with it, teams like Ajax and Anderlecht just cannot keep the players they develop. So you got a few elite teams in Europe and everyone else. The gap is such that teams like Liverpool, Arsenal and Man Utd can't compete anymore.

The Europe league should be interesting if some of the teams decide to go for it.

Banned

Yeah those Dutch teams were good. PSV made the semi final one year and really stuck it to an awesome Milan team. Deportivo were an awesome team too, I remember one year Bayern had Milan, Lens and Depor in a group and we come bottom

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Yeah exactly the years when La Liga wasn't just a 2 horse race. Deportivo with Diego Tristan and Roy Makaay, Valencia were the top Spanish club for a while. All this during Madrid's Zidane era as well.

In France Lyon and Marseille always made it to the quarter finals, Lyon had some amazing teams. Now just PSG and its going to be just PSG for the foreseeable future.

There are loads of decent sides now but just a few years ago everyone could beat everyone. Now the only teams that can take down Bayern, Chelsea, Madrid and Barca are themselves thats it. You won't get a team like Dynamo Kiev making consecutive semi-finals and getting there on merit, not a chance anymore the gap it just to big.

Banned

It was 10 years ago that the final was FC Porto vs AS Monaco lol it's really hard to see that happening again any time soon.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.