Thread: Soccer

Best team won tonight, Alexis Sanchez was absolutely incredible.

Not the best of matches though.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones
    I didn't like it because of the beats.

Banned

Brazil have sucked for nearly 10 years and if you were being fair probably closer to 15 years, 2002 WC was an embarrassingly poor tournament overall. Just like Argentina and other South American nations they've abandoned the South American style for a classical European one and they can't do it. Brazil are ridiculously mentally weak too, that shit over Neymar's injury was embarrassing. You didn't see Germany doing that for Reus, Badstuber, Gundogan etc Neymar himself is a petulant little cunt that can't handle pressure he won't lead Brazil to anything.

This current crop of Brazilian's is too mentally fragile to deal with the expectations. Brazil will go down the path of England where expectation becomes failure too often and gets replaced with expected failure and become a national joke punchline.

Messi again coming up short at intentional level I see.
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

i would't blame Messi for Argentina not winning again, fucking Higauin. Last year world cup final he flops on a one on one against Germany, any other striker would have scored. Last night he misses a sitter in the final minutes, then he missed the penalty by miles. He has played horribly all tournament.

I didn't want Chile to win after the Uruguay game, but yeah 99 years later i guess they deserve to win it.

I think the 2002 Brazil team as a squad was incredibly good the names in that squad, Ronaldo, Rivaldo (cunt), Ronaldinho, Carlos, Cafu, Denilson, Lucio etc etc. Great squad but after that in the Kaka and Ronaldinho era they have been poor. The team now is overrated because of Neymar, we saw them in the world cup and now in the copa, not a good side.

Argentina have been better but unable to win anything which has been shocking, they should have won the 2006 world cup. That Argentina side and the way they played was great they were the best team in the tournament but lost their cool against Germany. European teams have caught up South America in the ability to produce top talent add onto that tactical superiority the south american teams naturally now lag behind. No longer do teams sign a Brazilian from the Brazilian league, only teams like Porto who have vast scouting in South America take the plunge. Others do not take that risk because its become a risk, you just don't know if that South American players play would prove fruitful in the European leagues. Some 15 years ago you wouldn't have thought that.

The US wins the world cup.

Han & the Hound make great points.

I wouldn't go as far as saying Brazil has sucked for 10 years
    I say they played the less stellar footy in the last 10 or so years.
    They did beat Spain in the confederations cup in which Spain were going on a tear in that era.
    But ...yea.. the calibur of players have been declining. I Agree with you Hound, that Brazil will end up like England. High expectations and no results. Aside from Neymar I dont see any young prospects shooting up the ranks.
    imo the 2002 and 2006 squads (on paper) were solid !

They are not playing their brand of footy. I dont think Dunga's style of coaching will help either. Its awkward and boring. its like hes trying to do what pep is doing at bayern.

I do agree that this Brazil squad lack the discipline, flair, mental toughness and balls.

I'm surprised at Argentina ! They are like the dutch of south america. They have a solid squad and choke when they get to the finals. As HAN said fucking Higuain !!
    Messi has a good supporting cast with him that are capable of finishing and winning.
    Congrats to Chile tho! They have been improving over the years (along with Colombia, Mexico, and Paraguay)

USA beat Japan 5-2 in womens WC

courtesy of Bobby_Digital72

Non Ignorants

Quote Originally Posted by chiba View Post
    They are not playing their brand of footy. I dont think Dunga's style of coaching will help either. Its awkward and boring. its like hes trying to do what pep is doing at bayern.

I do agree that this Brazil squad lack the discipline, flair, mental toughness and balls.
    Well the team that won USA 94 wasn't your typical Brazil, it was a bruising side especially in midfield with guys like Dunga. For Brazil to play the way everyone expects them to and actually win they need a squad of superstars. They just don't have that anymore.

Another thing which has hurt Brazil is the attitude of their stars, I think people have just had enough. Guys like Adriano and Robinho, super talents but they preferred to get paid and get fat, now where are they?

Barcelona sign Arda Turan for 40million Euros, he will have to sit out 6 months because Barca can't register players. Odd signing, they don't need him at all they have enough wingers and I think they overpaid massively. He a good player but not worth 40million.

Quote Originally Posted by check two View Post
    Lol you really have it in for feminists. I watched the womens final it was rather entertaining thanks to the piss poor defending from Japan, comical at times.

Don't know much about what this goalkeeper woman has done, however in the world of soccer more severe shit has been swept under the rug. You are right though, if a male sports star got involved in domestic violence the media would run a train on them.

Banned

They don't literally suck but in comparison to the top teams and where they are expected to be they do and have for many years. Brazil haven't had a joga bonito team since the 80's but they've won 2 world cups since then. The 2002 team was good but they still struggled along the way, Turkey gave them big problems. It was just a shitty tournament all round. The 1998 team was better. The 2006 should have gone further with its new wave of talent coming through mixed with old heads.

Anyone with above talent in Brazil becomes rock star status now. Neymar has been a rockstar since 17 or 18 plus a lot of them get massively overrated, the next Pele and Maradona comes out a lot haha Robinho was a massive flop!

Arda Turan transfer makes no sense especially for that money. That's a Real Madrid type of signing.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Raheem Sterling acting like a total bitch to Liverpool. Players these days can't be bothered to put in the effort to build a title winning side instead they just go glory hunting. No loyalty in todays game.

Arda Turan will sit for 6 months, i mean a transfer ban should be a ban not being able to sign players. FIFA being FIFA as always. He aint worth that money, him signing for Barca has been annoying, his been all over TV in Turkey its unbelievable, it was breaking news on TV channels. They named a street after him in Istanbul, he is being hailed as a God. If he was so good Turkey wouldn't be ranked 48th in the world rankings, fucking Wales are 10th, Romania 8th.

The Turkish league has become a real dumpster for finished players, Podolski signs for Galatasaray, Nani and Van Persie sign for Fenerbahce. Eto'o signs for some random team who just got promotion, same team also says they want to sign Ronaldinho, Victor Valdes and David Villa lol. The foreigner limit in the Turkish league was taken from 5 to now 14 reason why this is all happening. Don't know where the teams find the money though, its all incredibly shady.

Banned

Sterling isn't even up to the hype.

Apparently Fenerbahce gonna pay RVP 250k a week, jeez that's crazy for a guy who's injury prone and in his 30's. The Turkish teams are pumping insane money in to players past their best, it's just gonna fuck their teams up in the long run.

I agree about Barca it's absurd how they've been allowed to sign players. It was a joke when they rushed all those signings last year. UEFA won't do shit to big times but they crack the hammer down on a Russian club

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Yeah the deal is 1million euros a month, worst part is that its a 4 year deal. RVP guaranteed 48million Euros. The money being paid is insane. A half dead RVP would still be the best striker in Turkey though.

Now Galatasaray want to try and sign Ibrahimovic or Robben.

What a waste of players.

De mijne is 4x duurder!

Banned

Yo HAN what can you tell me about Filip Holosko? It seems like Sydney FC (my team) have signed him to replace Marc Janko who had a great year. Does he have goals in him? Newspaper says he's more mobile but Janko came up the goods when needed

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Well Holosko is decent, can't expect a lot from him though. He doesn't score much but to be honest at Besiktas for the countless seasons he was there we never really played him as a striker, he was on the wings left or right, sometimes we even played him as a full back, so he can play multiple positions. He is mobile and a really hard worker. Model professional to, never heard him ever complain even though Besiktas treated him like shit, the fans always liked him.

Like i said though don't expect too many goals.

IronSheik

Default Russian fans becoming Nazis